• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would one game in a series of far more render your love for the franchise void somehow? If someone asks you if you like the Halo series, do you tell them you no longer like it? Why can't you simply like what you like and not like what you don't?

You're right that I can still love the previous games in the franchise. I could still play Halo 3, but it won't be the same as back in 2008. There aren't enough people playing the game which causes more laggy games and longer search times.

Bands aren't a good comparison because nothing is stopping you from enjoying their previous works. With games, you're severally limited by the amount of players that play the game if you want to enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the game to its fullest.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
tumblr_lw34ur7dlw1qbq9zl82.png

But.. which one of you was...

nvm

I am going to watch that right now because it is amazing.

TheOddOne

Halo 4's melee is inconsistent for me at least. In one match, a simple melee and a headshot would kill an enemy but in another match after melee you have to put in three to four rounds to finally get the kill.

Also more and more people are doing sprint melee :|

They should bring back incendiary weapons but make them behave more like real-life versions. Instead of having Shotgun-level range make them automatic, arcing Sentinel Beam-style weapons that burn shit with improved ranges. Make the Flamethrower a long-range, suppressing fire-style turret that does heavy damage to vehicles and shields. Hell, replace the Gauss Warthog with a Flamethrower Warthog to balance the sandbox if need be. Can you imagine how amazing it would be to be in the gunner's seat of a Flame Hog on Exile, driving around and just leaving trails of fire and dead burning Spartans everywhere?

Halo 4's melee is inconsistent for me at least. In one match, a simple melee and a headshot would kill an enemy but in another match after melee you have to put in three to four rounds to finally get the kill.

Also more and more people are doing sprint melee :|

That's because you're missing the headshots, son.

NO I DON'T, YOU CAN PROVE IT. PFF YOU HAVE OFFENDED ME.

No, but really even with a clear headshot I still don't get it.

I know what you're saying though. I also feel like my headshots or shots for that matter aren't registering well. You know that moment when you start reloading because you're 100% sure you got the guy with your last shot and then, he doesn't die? That seems to happen an awful lot in Halo 4 to me.

Yea after playing Halo 2 again on XBC today I really have absolutely no desire to go back to Halo 4. It's that whole predictability thing that's beginning to bother me. I'll be on adrift and someone will have a sniper rifle. That sniper will also be invisible. Or I'll be on haven and get shit on by some guy who happened to get a binary rifle in his ordnance. At least when I'm on the normal version of Slayer on Lockout I know some guy isn't going to pull rockets out of his ass. Along with that comes the annoying shit like random ordnance drops, the DMR, boltshot, jetpack, camo, instant respawns, jip, etc etc.

I'm definitely going to look into getting a new controller receiver for the vista version since it seems there are more people on that (as well as dedis). Until then I'll probably stick to playing other stuff.

Tawpgun

I just cant go into any of the playlists and get my 4v4 arena slayer mix. Which is what Halo is.

RIP Halo.

I think there are two realms of Halo.

I thought the entire Halo package is best represented in BTB. It's the entire sandbox. But BTB hasn't been fun since Halo 3. DMR and Shit vehicle health ruined it in Reach. Plasma Pistols/Plasma Nade loadouts and DMR fuck it up in 4. At least in 4 you can easily fix it, but it would go against 343's vision...

The other Halo experience is the 4 v 4 arena gameplay, and since they removed Slayer Pro, we don't have a solid replacement. Infinity Slayer is too fiesta random to be good for the Arena gameplay.

Ideally, the MLG playlist will go live and/or a better version of Slayer Pro.

If Halo 4 wants to make me happy playlist wise...

Big Team Battle: Plasma Grenades/Plasma Pistols banned. BR or AR starts. Mix of Slayer and CTF. Maybe the other BTB gametypes (extraction)

MLG: self explanatory

Team Hardcore or whatever: A mix of slayer and objective with static drops and set loadouts. To make it more user friendly add in radar and AA's too fuck I don't care.

Havok

Big Team Battle: Plasma Grenades/Plasma Pistols banned. BR or AR starts. Mix of Slayer and CTF. Maybe the other BTB gametypes (extraction)
Let's imagine Halo 4's CTF settings in a 16 player environment. Player grabs flag sitting in the middle of nowhere on Halo 4's wonderful BTB maps, entire enemy team's reticules magnetize to the fat waypoint over his head, player dies in a heartbeat. Fun stuff. Maybe the player gets in a Warthog. Enemy team gets a lucky laser drop, already the bane of BTB, flag run ruined.

Extraction is super boring from what I've seen of it in Crimson. A very passive gametype.

Point is, unless they come up with some gametype settings that are way better than what we have, might as well just keep it slayer only. Do it right or don't do it at all.

I think there are two realms of Halo.

I thought the entire Halo package is best represented in BTB. It's the entire sandbox. But BTB hasn't been fun since Halo 3. DMR and Shit vehicle health ruined it in Reach. Plasma Pistols/Plasma Nade loadouts and DMR fuck it up in 4. At least in 4 you can easily fix it, but it would go against 343's vision...

The other Halo experience is the 4 v 4 arena gameplay, and since they removed Slayer Pro, we don't have a solid replacement. Infinity Slayer is too fiesta random to be good for the Arena gameplay.

Ideally, the MLG playlist will go live and/or a better version of Slayer Pro.

If Halo 4 wants to make me happy playlist wise...

MLG: self explanatory

Team Hardcore or whatever: A mix of slayer and objective with static drops and set loadouts. To make it more user friendly add in radar and AA's too fuck I don't care.

Yea but Infinity Slayer is a lot of randomness and its 5v5 so it can be played (even though its played shitty) on larger maps.

If I want to go 4v4 I would have had to play Stripped Halo 4 (Slayer Pro which had like nothing in it yet it still had shitty respawn settings and ordnance - so you cant really win there) Now theres Regicide...which is not what I really want to play either but end up playing as its the lesser evil.

Theres no traditional Halo playlists, and even if there were the settings/maps dont allow it to take place.

The game is broken atm.

We need an emergency small maps pack. Get to copy pasting The Pit Midship and Battle Creek. We also need an emergency TU which adds tons of options. PS gimme my fucking noscope option so we can play Team Snapshots in a weekly. God so much potential, squandered.

Why do people say rip Halo

Have you played the game? I did once, it was awfulsauce.

Click here: http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

I played a couple of rounds of BLOPS II on my roommates PS3 and while I couldn't handle using a DS3 or his input lag I had loads of fun.

I love the direction they took it. Pistols are more viable, the Chicom CQB is a really interesting and fun weapon

but whatever

does anyone have MLG gametypes and want to like...organize customs or something? I've been trying to get dominion victory master but I just can't handle it anymore and slayer pro is , predictably, gone.

edit: I've also played only 2 of the Crimson maps so far and both of them were wretched

willow ve

Let's imagine Halo 4's CTF settings in a 16 player environment. Player grabs flag sitting in the middle of nowhere on Halo 4's wonderful BTB maps, entire enemy team's reticules magnetize to the fat waypoint over his head, player dies in a heartbeat. Fun stuff.

Extraction is super boring from what I've seen of it in Crimson. A very passive gametype.

Point is, unless they come up with some gametype settings that are way better than what we have, might as well just keep it slayer only. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Extraction would be vastly improved if there was only a single point to "extract" on the map at a time. As it stands now I had most of my games end after 5-7 minutes and my kill death was average around 4 kills and 3 deaths. There's simply no reason to attack the other base (and it often proves impossible to attack it anyway - by the time you kill one or two of the defenders, die, respawn, and start back to that base it's already been extracted).

Extraction with a single base to capture would work similar to King of the Hill; although the twist would be that you need to take over, activate, control, and hold until extraction to score any points. After the base is "extracted" it moves to another location providing a reason for teams to continue to move around the map (all while keeping a focused "kill box" or "action point" centered on the current base).

With two points on the map, and the size of the maps, you spend 85% of each map simply sprinting from point to point, pressing a button, and then waiting around for the off chance that an enemy decides to lone wolf it against your well entrenched (and rightfully camping defending) full team. The current setup boils down to whichever team can sprint to the next base the quickest and bonus points are awarded for actually avoiding the other team (you get to that button faster = you win).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom