• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Some of the best stories and dialogue in gaming.

Some of the dialogue is 100% quality, but the majority of it doesn't hit anywhere near those highs and the actual stories.. no. Cliched crime drivel that wouldn't look out of place in a straight to DVD budget movies.

So we got Forward Unto Dawn Blu-Ray delivered today, and just finished watching it. Glorious. The actor that plays Lasky has the best crying face I've seen in a move. Nasty, unseemly, slimy. It's perfect.

After feeling completely disenfranchised by Halo 4, I'm not a lock-in for the next Halo or the next Xbox, but I sure as heck will watch and buy another movie, if they choose to make one.

Jennifer Carpenter.

And keep in mind she's topped that like 4 times since then, most recently in the season 7 finale. That chick knows how to cry.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Went back to Halo 4 for a bit tonight.

1.) Playing through a SpOps matchmaking game is like pulling teeth. I forced myself to sit through it because of the XP, but it wasn't fucking worth it after a few rounds.

2.) Crimson Map Pack is very bad (has been said plenty of times, but had to see for myself)

3.) SWAT is actually pretty fun. Had only played a couple matches when if first came out, and got beaten so bad in those matches I hadn't gone back since. Thanks...TruSkill?

SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT NEWS EVERYBODY

Since 2001 there has only been one level in the FPS Halo series that I have never beaten on Legendary. Tonight, I sat down and said "FUCK IT!" and played through the Library. I would still rather stab myself in the genitals than play that poo poo again.

You may now continue with your business.
Use Magnum and aim for their weak points located to their left of the chest in a brown circular area with 1sk on all combat forms.

Shoot once on infected forms within groups to cause a small popping chain.

Shoot Carrier forms to drop them for a few seconds to expand and explode nearby Combat forms that pursue you. Hide inbetween Walls and carry a Shotgun.

Take Shortcuts over walls that surrounds each level of the Index's Shield and Platform.

Jump instead of running. You'll move considerably faster. Use Grenades/Plasmas on oncoming waves of flood. Before you pass the last doorway that leads directly towards the platform, look directly towards to your right and see a combat form wielding a Rocket Launcher on top of the ledge. Shoot his ass. Use Magnum, Grenades, or Rocket Launcher and takeout the frontal wave.

Hope this helps :)

So we got Forward Unto Dawn Blu-Ray delivered today, and just finished watching it. Glorious. The actor that plays Lasky has the best crying face I've seen in a move. Nasty, unseemly, slimy. It's perfect.

After feeling completely disenfranchised by Halo 4, I'm not a lock-in for the next Halo or the next Xbox, but I sure as heck will watch and buy another movie, if they choose to make one.

ibj98ugwF6dAAv.gif

Uhh

Dice is so fucking good at marketing. Battlefield 4 beta comes out next year not to far off of their DLC for BF3.

Dice hype never ends.
Yeah DICE is the shit. They schedule releases of content so well, and don't just deliver map packs, they deliver themed expansion packs with tons of content. They're also super transparent with info about their game, patches, and continue to patch and support their game seemingly forever.

I still haven't dove into Aftermath, am very much looking forward to End Game, and of course to see what they're cooking up for BF4 (Xbox 720 64 players plz. Day one.).
Wait, why do they need a BF4 right now? It came out barely a year ago.
Not sure how much say EA has on what projects they do next, but whatever power they have, I'm sure they used it to push for BF4 after the huge success of BF3. Then maybe after that they will make Mirrors Edge 2 or something else.
Everyone take a shot!

I'm already Diaper Time off many many margaritas, so fuck it.

DOWN THE HATCH

Tawpgun

Yeah DICE is the shit. They schedule releases of content so well, and don't just deliver map packs, they deliver themed expansion packs with tons of content. They're also super transparent with info about their game, patches, and continue to patch and support their game seemingly forever.

I still haven't dove into Aftermath, am very much looking forward to End Game, and of course to see what they're cooking up for BF4 (Xbox 720 64 players plz. Day one.).

ITS SO GOOD.

Best maps in the game.

End Game still isn't looking like much. Just dirtbikes on boring maps. Pumped for CTF though

ps fuck pocket engineers

Ken

I like Razer mice despite their apparent failings in build quality, but if you want a solid all around mouse choice I'd get a Logitech G400. Great sensor, and Logitech's customer support is amazing.

I'm using a deathadder atm (for the past 2-3 years) and I liked it but I may as well try something new with the opportunity.

heckfu

Banned
Honestly, I stopped a few minutes in to the first episode of S4. For some reason, I couldn't take the leg cut/bath scene.

I'm with Unknown, you gotta watch S4. And I don't know if I can speak for him, but it's EASILY the best season in my opinion.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm with Unknown, you gotta watch S4. And I don't know if I can speak for him, but it's EASILY the best season in my opinion.
Maybe I'll give it a shot over the holidays, where someone can tell me when to open my eyes. :s

I got Majora's Mask when it came out and I was like 10 or 9 at the time. The time limit put too much pressure on me to finish it, I never got past the first dungeon. Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever so I wish I could have got into MM like OOT. Maybe one day when Nintendo releases MM on the 3DS I'll finish it.

Ramirez

What time limits? You could always go back.

MM has the best music and atmosphere of any of the Zelda games.

It's been years since I played it, but didn't you have to beat the dungeon in one sitting before the 3 days ran out? I know there were songs to slow time down and stuff. I just vastly preferred OoT over it.

kylej

Banned
yeah I hate time limits too. I don't think I ever got more than 10 hours into it, but I was watching it streamed last night and it was cool. I like how thematically dark it is

heckfu

Banned
Could you imagine if a game did that today that just reused literally the same sprites for a new game? Shit wouldn't fly without serious criticism.

I'm with Ram, while Majora's Mask is good, it's vastly overrated ESPECIALLY when in the same conversation as OoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom