• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

I have many gripes with H4, but the sandbox was done really well. The pistol being a shining example (no spread, no recoil, insane range):

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JHPF7Vc-mg[/media]

boltshot, cannon, inconsistent shotgun, 3x scope dmr...

Moa

On this the eve of 2013 I think its time we look back at 2012 an appreciate those we lost and what we gained.

Required Listening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw&feature=youtu.be

wXW5e.gif

frankie2.gif

deal_with_heckfu.gif

Chief-DealWithIt_zpsf1eccda1.gif

Completely needs mentioned.

aPK

Neo Member
boltshot, cannon, inconsistent shotgun, 3x scope dmr...

Incinerator Cannon and Shotgun are just fine, did you mean the Scattershot when you said "inconsistent shotgun"?

The scope is the least of the DMR's issues. The Aim Assist ranges is what makes that gun so much better than the other precision rifles.

In Halo 4, I feel like every weapon is worth having. I couldn't say that about the sandboxes of H2/H3/Reach. Guns like the Magnum, Plasma Repeater, H3 Spiker, H2 Plasma Rifle, H3 Plasma Pistol, etc. were very forgettable.

Incinerator Cannon and Shotgun are just fine
Incineration Cannon would be "fine" if not for Ammo and Dexterity perks negating it's balancing weaknesses. Shotgun would be "fine" if not for the Boltshot existing and being a better Shotgun that you can spawn with.

Incinerator Cannon and Shotgun are just fine, did you mean the Scattershot when you said "inconsistent shotgun"?

The scope is the least of the DMR's issues. The Aim Assist ranges is what makes that gun so much better than the other precision rifles.

In Halo 4, I feel like every weapon is worth having. I couldn't say that about the sandboxes of H2/H3/Reach. Guns like the Magnum, Plasma Repeater, H3 Spiker, H2 Plasma Rifle, H3 Plasma Pistol, etc. were very forgettable.

Really?

You think we need FOUR rifles, THREE sniper rifles, TWO rocket launches (one of which doesn't require aiming), TWO shotguns (plus the sword, which is basically a shotgun in purpose), etc?

This sandbox has so much damn overlap, it's ridiculous.

Compare that to Reach, where the Needle Rifle and DMR had distinct strengths and weaknesses. Hell, one of them you could choose to go for a headshot, or just hammer the trigger for a combine.

Really?

You think we need FOUR rifles, THREE sniper rifles, TWO rocket launches (one of which doesn't require aiming), TWO shotguns (plus the sword, which is basically a shotgun in purpose), etc?

Compare that to Reach, where the Needle Rifle and DMR had distinct strengths and weaknesses. Hell, one of them you could choose to go for a headshot, or just hammer the trigger for a combine.

There's three rocket launchers if you count the fuel rod cannon.

m23

I'm really surprised at how little Halo I've played so far during the holidays. I guess some of it can be because of other games ie AC3 (Finished, complete crap of a game), Forza Horizon (Amazing game), but of course the game has its fair share of issues. Let's hope 343 has some stuff prepared for us in the new year.

Have a happy new year guys. I'll just be chilling with my dog and possibly watch Return of the King Extended Edition (read a few pages back that its 4 hours.....holy shit).

FyreWulff

Really?

It's annoying but that's what happens when you have unlocks and loadouts, you start cloning weapons to serve the customization.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's annoying but that's what happens when you have unlocks and loadouts, you start cloning weapons to serve the customization.

I really like all the different starting weapon choices. However, I wish they were balanced. That would really make things more interesting.

Dirtbag

I really like all the different starting weapon choices. However, I wish they were balanced. That would really make things more interesting.

In an ideal classic mode world, BR/Carbine/AR (with pistol back) starts with DMRs on the map as pickups would be pretty solid.

MIMIC

Banned
I was playing SWAT on that one map that's outside (can't remember the name Complex) and got salty after I was picked off from well across the map. So I switched to the DMR.

It feels like a sniper rifle @_@ I had no trouble taking people out from across the map, but I'm not as good up close with it (since I'm so used to the BR)

I have to agree with you, Tashi. The differences in each of the weapons should be a bit more balanced so that there's less of a clear cut winner in the DMR. Whether that means buffing the other ones, or nerfing the DMR remains to be seen.

But I do like having the choice.

Dirtbag

I have to agree with you, Tashi. The differences in each of the weapons should be a bit more balanced so that there's less of a clear cut winner in the DMR. Whether that means buffing the other ones, or nerfing the DMR remains to be seen.

But I do like having the choice.

I think an interesting way of giving the carbine a role might be in giving it an even larger clip size and/or maybe some sort of plasma stun ala HaloCE. Keep that longer kill time, but buff it in a different manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom