• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moa

I don't think a patch can fix the game lol.

250px-Halo2-cover.png

Whaaaaaaaat? Canon? Pfffft.

"Moments before the Didact was sucked into the slipspace portal encased by his ship, he, in a manner similar to that of a petulant child, touched a button on his wrist that opened up a microscopic slipspace portal in his armor, through which a signal was sent. This signal traveled the unknowable, aged corridors of slipspace to ancient Forerunner relays throughout the galaxy. These relays, known as Ghibalbian Constructs – named after the Forerunners' doomed (by their own doing), original homeworld – then activated a pulse, which echoed throughout the whole galaxy, and neutralized any microscopic machinery.

After which, the Master Chief's armor, and all others like his, became permanently inoperable. He was henceforth forced to use his proven, battle-tested (and factually better looking) Mark VI armor.

Because of the unusual circumstances surrounding the slipspace portal the Didact fell into, several hours later (by his measure) he emerged, through an indescribable amount of luck, from slipspace on a distant, paradise-like planet. There, he met Jorge, where they both sat down at a table and enjoyed a spot of earl grey tea.

'Lovely planet this is,' the Didact said to the Spartan II, after taking a sip of his drink.
'Quite,' Jorge replied."

Ship it.

FyreWulff

Screendump - Composer. ~200 images

NSFW graphic content at the end

http://imgur.com/a/uiK8d#0

cXN2kl.jpg

hYMOFl.jpg

hVpWJl.jpg

l8HQ1l.jpg

justchillin.jpg
DswcOl.jpg

Did.. they use Halsey's face on an NPC scientist?
4EJnXl.jpg

Mecha T Rex
elzJIl.jpg

Aub6Nl.jpg

The digitization scene is at the end of the album. I'll omit it in this post due to it's graphic content.

JHall

I don't think a patch can fix the game lol.

There is a good game in there somewhere. A few things I'd like to see:

Make strafing and movement Halo 2 tier
Add in de-scoping remove flinch
Tighten the BR spread
Nerf the bolt shot
Add in custom options like disabling sprint and the ability to drop the flag/disable auto pickup
Reduce auto aim and magnitism on all weapons

I have a massive list, but I'm on my new tablet so I don't want to type it all up.

Yeah.... what the hell is the MC wearing in Halo 4 anyway?

NANOMACHINES
Given that the cutscene at the start shows other Spartans wearing it, it's a generic armour set. So I guess it was the exact same Mark VI he went into cryo with but retconned to look like that? Then the Mark VI that you can get in MP is only fan service. I dunno. Makes no sense.

zap

That's pretty weird - that was the way it was when they switched over for Reach - but they fixed it, and for a while you didn't need to be logged in to see a game's stats. Now you do again?

Seems like it's going backwards. :(

As bad as the Reach Waypoint stats were, Halo 4's are worse :(

Composer is probably my favourite mission in the game. Encounters felt polished. Save for the lengthy and uneventful Mantis portion.
Same. The Mantis is handled weird too - those encounters seem tuned for co-op, but the very first Mantis run sucks in co-op. You get the feeling that 343 never quite figured out how best to utilize it, and tat they are experimenting with it still.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Given that the cutscene at the start shows other Spartans wearing it, it's a generic armour set. So I guess it was the exact same Mark VI he went into cryo with but retconned to look like that? Then the Mark VI that you can get in MP is only fan service. I dunno. Makes no sense.

No, I said NANOMACHINES because according to Glasslands
Mark VI is made of magical nanomachines that can transform and upgrade themselves while the wearer is in cryo. Apparently. Or something. METAL GEAR!

Don't you love retcons? I love retcons.

FyreWulff

Also, you may have noticed these images in the album. I'm walking around in the Mantis and notice a Banshee over on a platform. Turns out it was one that was flyinga round and got stuck..

DGJG4l.jpg

So I step back to get a wider angle shot of the situation, and ANOTHER banshee flies in from behind me and gets stuck in the -same- spot.

Se3Xll.jpg

heh

GrizzNKev

Banned
Also, you may have noticed these images in the album. I'm walking around in the Mantis and notice a Banshee over on a platform. Turns out it was one that was flyinga round and got stuck..

DGJG4l.jpg

So I step back to get a wider angle shot of the situation, and ANOTHER banshee flies in from behind me and gets stuck in the -same- spot.

Se3Xll.jpg

heh

The dumbass banshee pilots won't ever be fixed will it

TheOddOne

Whaaaaaaaat? Canon? Pfffft.

"Moments before the Didact was sucked into the slipspace portal encased by his ship, he, in a manner similar to that of a petulant child, touched a button on his wrist that opened up a microscopic slipspace portal in his armor, through which a signal was sent. This signal traveled the unknowable, aged corridors of slipspace to ancient Forerunner relays throughout the galaxy. These relays, known as Ghibalbian Constructs – named after the Forerunners' doomed (by their own doing), original homeworld – then activated a pulse, which echoed throughout the whole galaxy, and neutralized any microscopic machinery.

After which, the Master Chief's armor, and all others like his, became permanently inoperable. He was henceforth forced to use his proven, battle-tested (and factually better looking) Mark VI armor.

Because of the unusual circumstances surrounding the slipspace portal the Didact fell into, several hours later (by his measure) he emerged, through an indescribable amount of luck, from slipspace on a distant, paradise-like planet. There, he met Jorge, where they both sat down at a table and enjoyed a spot of earl grey tea.

'Lovely planet this is,' the Didact said to the Spartan II, after taking a sip of his drink.
'Quite,' Jorge replied."
tumblr_ltrcbyUlhU1qka05mo1_400.gif

GhaleonEB

Shipped everything but the Prometheus book (need your address, malfcn!) and Halo 4, which I need to find a box for. Should ship Monday.

I learned that the post office is very picky about having both first and last names. Overheat, that became your last name. First name is Mike.

Moa, I had to come up with a last name for you. Which is how I ended up both spelling and pronouncing "Dongblain" for the postal worker. Awkward silence ensued.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Shipped everything but the Prometheus book (need your address, malfcn!) and Halo 4, which I need to find a box for. Should ship Monday.

I learned that the post office is very picky about having both first and last names. Overheat, that became your last name. First name is Mike.

Moa, I had to come up with a last name for you. Which is how I ended up both spelling and pronouncing "Dongblain" for the postal worker. Awkward silence ensued.

lol wow.

I've shipped out a lot of things and the post office has never asked for a full name here. Moa Donglain. Mike Overheat. :lol

Moa

Oh my, my parents are going to be the one answering the door for it likely too.

Moa Dongblain.

Well...

Anyone know what this is? Any why does it kill you when you jump in?

I believe it is slip space related, but I literally have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom