• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

Since I bought the game, I still haven't seen a single game winning sitrec. Are they disabled?
They were there for the first day or two, then got removed, then after the first post-launch TU they were added back for a day or two, then taken away again. :/ And when there are no final killcams, there's no Last Strike medal awarded.

You guys are quite dramatic. I thought Frank's letter was very accurate. That is to say - the game isn't perfect, needs a lot of work, but it's damn impressive that a new studio was able to create a satisfactory Halo game. In my opinion it's better than satisfactory but I think most of you can agree the game is at least satisfactory even if it doesn't compare to past core Halo games.

As good as what Frankie said sounds, nothing they have actually done has given me any confidence that Halo will ever return to where it was during the Bungie days.

I mean I can make a list of things they have ruined and haven't fixed.

-completely ruined Reach matchmaking, removing good playlists and gametypes and adding garbage gametypes and making the overall experience inconsistent with vanilla, TU, and Anniversary modes

-lag in Reach became much more common following the transition from Bungie

-added gameplay elements to Halo 4 that ruin the flow of a match, more AAs, armor mods, instant spwans

-removed basic features such as campaign theater, file share, and removal of Firefight for inferior Spartan Ops

-horrible UI/website design not only in Halo 4, but the Waypoint app on Xbox as well

I just don't see anything to give me hope. Unless John Howard is at 343 and not some other MS studio the future of Halo doesn't look good at all.

I dont know if is just me but Im still getting stuck for 1 or 2 seconds after capturing a base in dominion, yesterday I was getting stuck for 3 seconds.

Tawpgun

You guys are quite dramatic. I thought Frank's letter was very accurate. That is to say - the game isn't perfect, needs a lot of work, but it's damn impressive that a new studio was able to create a satisfactory Halo game. In my opinion it's better than satisfactory but I think most of you can agree the game is at least satisfactory even if it doesn't compare to past core Halo games.

Campaign wise, its solid. Nothing spectacular.

Multilplayer wise its a mess. Featured promised on the box are missing.
And then you have all the randomness which I find bad for ANY shooter. What Halo did is almost the CoD equivelant of random killstreaks spawning on the map. Not even COD is dumb enough to do that without it being some kind of fringe LOL FIESTA mode.

Blueblur1

Actions are louder than words. Unfortunately there hasn't been much action and its going to take a whole lot to make Halo 4 appealing and to please the community. I've stopped playing the game but I might go back to it if we see sweeping changes. And after all of this, I can't say that I will be looking forward to Halo 5.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
As good as what Frankie said sounds, nothing they have actually done has given me any confidence that Halo will ever return to where it was during the Bungie days.

I mean I can make a list of things they have ruined and haven't fixed.

-completely ruined Reach matchmaking, removing good playlists and gametypes and adding garbage gametypes and making the overall experience inconsistent with vanilla, TU, and Anniversary modes

-lag in Reach became much more common following the transition from Bungie

-added gameplay elements to Halo 4 that ruin the flow of a match, more AAs, armor mods, instant spwans

-removed basic features such as campaign theater, file share, and removal of Firefight for inferior Spartan Ops

-horrible UI/website design not only in Halo 4, but the Waypoint app on Xbox as well

I just don't see anything to give me hope. Unless John Howard is at 343 and not some other MS studio the future of Halo doesn't look good at all.

I don't think that can be attributed to anyone but the players. It is a p2p game after all.

Karl2177

I don't think that can be attributed to anyone but the players. It is a p2p game after all.

That actually reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask someone for a while. Does the Bungie(now 343 server) listen in on online games? How does the bungie.net(halowaypoint.com) process actually work?

Alchemical

Neo Member
Just read Kyle's post, and it was magnificent.

Plain and simple, the franchise is on a negative trajectory if 343 continue along the path they've chosen; to ape other franchises and fundamentally alter core principles.

And the argument about too little, too much doesn't wash when many of the complaints are about asinine changes 343 chose to make for very little gain, or to change the fundamentals. Nor does the argument about the community being an extension of the team, when nobody requested what we finally received, and ultimately disliked. In fact quite the contrary, we vocally opposed them for months with zero dialogue and a blind eye turned.

Does not wash.

Agreed. I observed the entire build up for this game from the beginning and time and again, as elements of the new title were announced I saw valid concerns raised here and elsewhere, and raised them myself where I could. Many of my own concerns revolved around the notion that such things as enhanced loadout options and ordnance would be adding huge swathes of invisible variables, thus reducing systematic predictability. Another was the lack of a visible, in-game ranking system. Another was the jumbled, crowded and largely redundant in-game UI. I've seen very little, if anything in response to these concerns. Off the top of my head, the few I remember were (paraphrasing)...

"Classic Halo fans will have somewhere to go. There will be playlist(s) without loadouts."

By which I assume they meant Slayer Pro, which is now non-existent, and was nonetheless far removed from what most people would classify as "classic Halo". Hence - I assume - the low population.

And:

"We're working on a Ranking System."

Which I now assume will come online sometime in the next two months. But who knows? And more to the point, who the hell cares, when what was essentially one of the appealing aspects of Halo multiplayer for many fans - visible, in-game ranking - will likely never see the light of day and any such ranking system will instead be buried beneath twelve links on what is frankly a counter-intuitive, badly-designed website. As for the jumbled UI and the completely over-used announcer, this has not even been acknowledged (as far as I know), be it informally or formally and yet it remains as one of the primary contributing factors in me not buying this game. I know it's not as important as actual gameplay mechanics (which, if I heard were being addressed, could go some way towards persuading me to buy this game), but it's nonetheless problematic as it's a constant characteristic of the game.

It's not unprecedented for a newly formed developer to take over a franchise and do well. Heck, it happened this past year. The newest Forza game (Horizon) was made by a new developer and ranks just about as well as Halo 4 does in respect to prior games. Not saying it's not hard. But I just thought I'd point out that someone else did it too.
Its a very different game though, with some Forza features removed (60fps > 30fps), upgrades but no tuning. Superficial damage.

Amazing game though, and one hell of a debut for Playground.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yeah I mean I feel like every weekly bulletin is the same.

Very proud of the team, we did a lot with a little... no. Every business is hard as shit to build, every product is hard as shit to launch, the difference is most businesses aren't a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft. There are no cafes in most businesses. There are no lounges with plasma TVs. There are no trips to NYC to hang out with celebrities. I've never seen a group of people congratulate themselves more on doing their job than 343. I completely understand being proud of the team and what people have accomplished, but don't try to frame it as though the struggle excuses some of the faults.

There are approximately zero people reading this:

that were disappointed with Halo 4, but will now return to the game because of that statement. It means nothing to anyone but the people who already know you made mistakes.

who then feel better about playing a Halo game with the worst frame-rate drops in the series.

Then I read this

is it the community's fault that we're missing features from Halo 3? Frankie talks about how by all objective measures Halo 4 was a success. Missing core components of your predeccessors is a pretty damn objective failure.

and I read this

What was influenced by the community? Any examples? Was FUD or TTL asking for Complex? If the community is such a direct and democratic extension of the team, which part of the community asked for the first map pack to be big brown maps? Was that ReadyUpLive or r/Halo's fault? Could you guys have democratically put up a vote with the major communities asking if recreating Seattle during crunch time was a good idea? I just find it hilarious that after a year of Trust Us, Feels Like Halo, now suddenly the community is apparently a direct extension of the team and there are just too many gosh darn voices to be heard to make people happy. To extend this makeshift olive branch while simultaneously refusing to outline the next title update is hysterical to me. To this day, we still have no idea who, why, or how 343 makes any of their matchmaking decisions. We open up the weekly bulletin every week and hope there's something interesting. That is literally the only involvement we get with matchmaking updates.

No end user gives a rat's ass about the development process of anything. You don't think about the thousands of man-hours that go into the labeling of every single product in a grocery store, you just buy it. Give us some actual hard definable timelines for when we'll be getting fileshare, when we're getting a ranking system, when we're getting video uploading. Where are these features? Everything is always one or two weeks away. We'll have more details to share in a bit! As someone who hasn't played Halo in over a month, all I took from that update is that video game development is hard and that we'll be getting minor playlist updates in 3 or 4 weeks. Well, no shit. Sometime in the future we'll get missing features added and a title update. Oh and we have more outsourced table-scrap maps to look forward to that we'll have to pay for. Halo 4 is hitting all time low daily peak populations right now, there are 200 people in the playlist of their new DLC pack, and a 4 year old download-only PC game is ahead of it in activity, but who cares, the team is working hard! Puhleaze. I'm sure Frankie will respond to this by calling me a troll and that I hate Halo and hate everything and am moving the goalposts and should leave GAF as I have been told by him before, which is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that all the 9.8's and long hours in the world can't stop this game from falling further on its face if they keep heading down this same path.
0LcgX.gif

Gaf mobile would not post earlier this morning, I tried everything technical and recommended to get it to work so I could post a reply to Kyle in a timely fashion.

GAF Site stinks.

The database admins and site developers must now detail their bug and development life cycle to me and take all my individual feedback to redevelop the whole site. /sarcasm

@kylej

To go with your example just about any other product from most industries gives you little to nothing about who designs, develops, markets, distributes, decisions or any of that. You choose to buy or not, consumerism 101. You do not get any company involvement beyond press release, purchase, refund or complaints department. There are vastly far worse companies magnitudes worse than 343 the world over.

Sure I'd like more info about some feature issues or upcoming features or tweaks but at the end of the day games and code are infinitely more complex than just buying a box of juice or a pack of cigs from the supermarket. Despite some issues I still enjoy Halo 4 and it being a different game than previous iterations. It was the same with Reach or Halo 3 or Halo 2 or Zelda or Deus Ex and many other games for me.

Try looking at another industry in Google search intellectual property for example, it is so closed off we have to rely on Matt Cutt's blog and trial/error for rank/SEO work for millions of web companies and hundreds of millions/billions of competing search results. You can't even ring Google for support or exacting advice. What of how they developed Google+? Same closed off process.

Hmm, look at car manufacturing, same closed systems. Look at magazines, some more input there but most feedback is never published or acknowledged. Look at utensil product development, hmm same closed environment and consumerism. Look at any new product under NDA for IP rights, hmm same closed systems, you get the point.

Have you ever coded anything? I think your post already answers that for me. Brilliant post? Not in my opinion, go ahead and piss away any developer interaction you may have, once again.

When my children jump up and down they don't get what they want either.

Relax everything has updates in technology these days from iOS to your mobile to your windows PC to the firmware in your LED TV. Things require time and iteration, you don't like that we get more information than usual in the latest update fine, I get you don't like aspects of the game. If you don't play it any more and your friends don't play it any more why keep posting?

Fact is you love Halo and just want to play it your way. I've had the same processes and issues with objective for years, very similar to what you feel you are going through now. The game I wanted to play wasn't what the larger community wanted to play and the developers have tried many iterations/setting and redevelopments over the years/games to keep objective alive. I keep posting what I like so it gets heard and maybe rally the community behind some sort of consensus that I like too. Asking anything more than that is entitled nonsense, in any industry or product.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah I mean I feel like every weekly bulletin is the same.

Very proud of the team, we did a lot with a little... no. Every business is hard as shit to build, every product is hard as shit to launch, the difference is most businesses aren't a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft. There are no cafes in most businesses. There are no lounges with plasma TVs. There are no trips to NYC to hang out with celebrities. I've never seen a group of people congratulate themselves more on doing their job than 343. I completely understand being proud of the team and what people have accomplished, but don't try to frame it as though the struggle excuses some of the faults.

that were disappointed with Halo 4, but will now return to the game because of that statement. It means nothing to anyone but the people who already know you made mistakes.

who then feel better about playing a Halo game with the worst frame-rate drops in the series.

Then I read this

is it the community's fault that we're missing features from Halo 3? Frankie talks about how by all objective measures Halo 4 was a success. Missing core components of your predeccessors is a pretty damn objective failure.

and I read this

What was influenced by the community? Any examples? Was FUD or TTL asking for Complex? If the community is such a direct and democratic extension of the team, which part of the community asked for the first map pack to be big brown maps? Was that ReadyUpLive or r/Halo's fault? Could you guys have democratically put up a vote with the major communities asking if recreating Seattle during crunch time was a good idea? I just find it hilarious that after a year of Trust Us, Feels Like Halo, now suddenly the community is apparently a direct extension of the team and there are just too many gosh darn voices to be heard to make people happy. To extend this makeshift olive branch while simultaneously refusing to outline the next title update is hysterical to me. To this day, we still have no idea who, why, or how 343 makes any of their matchmaking decisions. We open up the weekly bulletin every week and hope there's something interesting. That is literally the only involvement we get with matchmaking updates.

No end user gives a rat's ass about the development process of anything. You don't think about the thousands of man-hours that go into the labeling of every single product in a grocery store, you just buy it. Give us some actual hard definable timelines for when we'll be getting fileshare, when we're getting a ranking system, when we're getting video uploading. Where are these features? Everything is always one or two weeks away. We'll have more details to share in a bit! As someone who hasn't played Halo in over a month, all I took from that update is that video game development is hard and that we'll be getting minor playlist updates in 3 or 4 weeks. Well, no shit. Sometime in the future we'll get missing features added and a title update. Oh and we have more outsourced table-scrap maps to look forward to that we'll have to pay for. Halo 4 is hitting all time low daily peak populations right now, there are 200 people in the playlist of their new DLC pack, and a 4 year old download-only PC game is ahead of it in activity, but who cares, the team is working hard! Puhleaze. I'm sure Frankie will respond to this by calling me a troll and that I hate Halo and hate everything and am moving the goalposts and should leave GAF as I have been told by him before, which is fine, but it doesn't change the fact that all the 9.8's and long hours in the world can't stop this game from falling further on its face if they keep heading down this same path.
Gvxl5.gif

Rev3rb

They were there for the first day or two, then got removed, then after the first post-launch TU they were added back for a say or two, then taken away again. :/ And when there are no final killcams, there's no Last Strike medal awarded.

Thanks ...I completely forgot that the Last Strike medal was in the game ..wow

u4iX

Pretty much.

When a lot of the community has been pointing out these pitfalls since Halo 3, options become exhausted and players become frustrated. While it's certainly not the best course of action, I've watched similar debates happen for almost 6 years with no willingness from the developer to listen.

Then, 343 comes in and fixes Reach for a large part of the community with the Title Update, but then seemingly abandoned that mentality come Halo 4.

Havok

The new bnet somehow managed to improve my favorite aspect of their site before: the XBL Friends list. No more popout window, just a simple dropdown that loads instantly. Compare that to Waypoint's friends list, where it takes forever to load, sometimes doesn't load at all and leaves a big black box on my screen, and only gives rich presence data for people that are actually playing Halo 4 (if you're going to have a section titled "ONLINE" and show friends who aren't on Halo, why not tell me what they're doing?). Achronos and the team, if you're seeing this, bravo.

I just wish they could say if the TU is going to be more glitch fixing, or is it gonna be feature adding, and sandbox balancing.
I would hazard to guess that feature additions like Campaign and SpOps scoring/theater are lower on the priority list. Glitch fixing has already been rolled out to some degree, so to me it's obviously the main and relatively quick priority. I would also guess that sandbox re-balancing has already been in the works for a while, since it takes a so long for those tweaks to be certified for release.

I'm more than ready to hear that Personal Ordnance has been scaled back to give a player more modest upgrades, so I don't have to completely avoid so many playlists. That and the removal of instant spawning outside of Infinity would be just fabulous.

Pretty much.

Halo needs someone to jump up and down and slap them and get them to shake out of their stupor.

Ozzy fails to look at the facts that the numbers are going down, theres statistical evidence what 343 doing is bad.

People defending that does no service to anyone, especially Halo fans.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Gaf mobile would not post earlier this morning, I tried everything technical and recommended to get it to work so I could post a reply to Kyle in a timely fashion.

GAF Site stinks.

The database admins and site developers must now detail their bug and development life cycle to me and take all my individual feedback to redevelop the whole site. /sarcasm

@kylej

To go with your example just about any other product from most industries gives you little to nothing about who designs, develops, markets, distributes, decisions or any of that. You choose to buy or not, consumerism 101. You do not get any company involvement beyond press release, purchase, refund or complaints department. There are vastly far worse companies magnitudes worse than 343 the world over.

Sure I'd like more info about some feature issues or upcoming features or tweaks but at the end of the day games and code are infinitely more complex than just buying a box of juice or a pack of cigs from the supermarket. Despite some issues I still enjoy Halo 4 and it being a different game than previous iterations. It was the same with Reach or Halo 3 or Halo 2 or Zelda or Deus Ex and many other games for me.

Try looking at another industry in Google search intellectual property for example, it is so closed off we have to rely on Matt Cutt's blog and trial/error for rank/SEO work for millions of web companies and hundreds of millions/billions of competing search results. You can't even ring Google for support or exacting advice. What of how they developed Google+? Same closed off process.

Hmm, look at car manufacturing, same closed systems. Look at magazines, some more input there but most feedback is never published or acknowledged. Look at utensil product development, hmm same closed environment and consumerism. Look at any new product under NDA for IP rights, hmm same closed systems, you get the point.

Have you ever coded anything? I think your post already answers that for me. Brilliant post? Not in my opinion, go ahead and piss away any developer interaction you may have, once again.

When my children jump up and down they don't get what they want either.

Relax everything has updates in technology these days from iOS to your mobile to your windows PC to the firmware in your LED TV. Things require time and iteration, you don't like that we get more information than usual in the latest update fine, I get you don't like aspects of the game. If you don't play it any more and your friends don't play it any more why keep posting?

Fact is you love Halo and just want to play it your way. I've had the same processes and issues with objective for years, very similar to what you feel you are going through now. The game I wanted to play wasn't what the larger community wanted to play and the developers have tried many iterations/setting and redevelopments over the years/games to keep objective alive. I keep posting what I like so it gets heard and maybe rally the community behind some sort of consensus that I like too. Asking anything more than that is entitled nonsense, in any industry or product.

I don't get how using the google+ thing like it's some successful example of closed off thing that blew everyone away.

Why also did you compare apples and oranges like the video game industry doesn't all have instant-feedback?
Pretty much.

It makes it really easy to dismiss any sort of opposing/negative opinion when you just equate it to a childs temper tantrum.

Duji

343's post game support has been fucking atrocious though. This constant carrot on a string bullshit has reached absurd levels, it's almost a parody at this point. If I see "it's coming" one more time I may die from laughter. And like I said, when we eventually do see (if ANY) fixes it will be too little too late. "Oh but the game hasn't been out for too long and 343 have been on holidays", well maybe 343 shouldn't have released a fucking broken game in the first place.

For the record I don't actually own Halo 4 any more. Who would?

Reminds me of that video Cursed Lemon made describing 343: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yFrjkgP6JoA&t=29m35s

When a lot of the community has been pointing out these pitfalls since Halo 3, options become exhausted and players become frustrated. While it's certainly not the best course of action, I've watched similar debates happen for almost 6 years with no willingness from the developer to listen.

Then, 343 comes in and fixes Reach for a large part of the community with the Title Update, but then seemingly abandoned that mentality come Halo 4.

I can agree to a certain extent, I've posted similar thoughts on this. To me Anniversary maps and Reach TU was all about catering to the default hardcore and competitive players. It still had low populations and no consensus overall. They literally rebuilt most of the old maps and within budget reasons tweaked the engine back to 3SK etc.

I know it wasn't the perfect remake of CE but for the years past, the online factors, the engine factors and budget realistically if hardcore classic settings were ever going to return population en masse it should have happened with TU/Ann.

It did not. Slayer Pro did not. Team Hardcore did not. MLG Halo 3 did not.

Even now they continue to work on future Slayer Pro V2 or maybe Virgin/MLG playlist and a TU. To me they are listening and trying, just as Bungie did since CE released. It's just impossible to please 100% of players/settings. Perhaps 343i will hit that magic mark and cover 90% of players, to me Bungie have never quite been able to do that either since CE/2. It's just the mass appeal of the industry now. For good or bad they are trying.

I don't get how using the google+ thing like it's some successful example of closed off thing that blew everyone away.

Why also did you compare apples and oranges like the video game industry doesn't all have instant-feedback?

It makes it really easy to dismiss any sort of opposing/negative opinion when you just equate it to a childs temper tantrum.

I wasn't saying + was a success, just another example of how little the public actually input or get insight into development lifecycle/features. Take a look at how many iterations Google got wrong in the social race, it's not an exact science and neither is video game development.

Put your feedback in and get counted in the statistics. Don't like the outcome or iterations then don't buy it.

Kyle posted his supermarket example for a paragraph, it's an oversimplified example and I expanded on that in rebuttal.

Post like a child and I'll treat you like one.

343 needs to simply make a good Halo game that caters to the core fans without making it too difficult to play. The casuals will buy it because it says Halo on the box, and they will continue to play it as long as the game is good/fun. Stop trying to make games for casual fans who do not know what they like specifically, they just want something fun. Design it for the core fans, and if it is fun for them without being overly inaccessible, the casuals will stick around.

Conor 419

Banned
Campaign wise, its solid. Nothing spectacular.

The campaign itself has caused much disappointment though, the mishandling of the Covenant as well as the shoddy execution of the Didact's story. The new trilogy has already caused mass confusion and we're only one title in.

darthbob

I wasn't saying + was a success, just another example of how little the public actually input or get insight into development lifecycle/features. Put your feedback in and get counted in the statistics. Don't like the outcome or iterations then don't buy it.

Kyle posted his supermarket example for a paragraph, it's an oversimplified example and I expanded on that in rebuttal.

Okay, you're done.

Halo needs someone to jump up and down and slap them and get them to shake out of their stupor.

Ozzy fails to look at the facts that the numbers are going down, theres statistical evidence what 343 doing is bad.

People defending that does no service to anyone, especially Halo fans.

Bring me 24 hour statistics like Halo 3 or Reach directly comparable to Halo 4 and I'll listen. Statistics in Halo 4 are calculated quite differently to other xbox titles and previous Halo games. Halo 4 takes a real time count, within minutes I think.

343 needs to simply make a good Halo game that caters to the core fans without making it too difficult to play. The casuals will buy it because it says Halo on the box, and they will continue to play it as long as the game is good/fun. Stop trying to make games for casual fans who do not know what they like specifically, they just want something fun. Design it for the core fans, and if it is fun for them without being overly inaccessible, the casuals will stick around.

OMG FUCKING EXACTLY.

FyreWulff

You're right, I don't know what's with the mixed dates everywhere in articles? Regardless though, Bungie didn't properly support Reach when they said they will pre-lauch, because that's exactly what fans were worried about knowing it was Bungie's last Halo game. Bungie said there was nothing to worry about and that won't happen, when it was exactly that.

I'm not going to justify how Reach was supported because I never want to see it again in the series. I love how Bunige supported Halo 2 & 3, but Reach was lacking horribly and Bungie told us the opposite would happen.

Yeah, Bungie never supported Reach. Are you serious?

Am I the only one plays only BTB in Halo games? I feel as though BTB is what makes Halo so fun. I love the vehicle battles, but, a trend I noticed lately is vehicles are useless in 4. Anytime someone gets in a vehicle they get EMP'd and stuck to death. Get a banshee? 3 EMP blasts hit you and 2 stickies land on you. Tank? EMPed and hijacked. It's the same for everything.

Wouldn't be so bad if EMP didn't lock on. It's just annoying.

Dear 343 -

Thank you for bringing back the fill-bar score. I hated in Reach not always knowing what score is required to win, because the red and blue bars were solid throughout the match.

However, you took out the white arrow that points to the team you're on. I hate having to melee the air just to see what color my armor is.

u4iX

Yeah guys, quit posting like children. Everyone try to be a bit more mature in here and really take into consideration the utensil example.

If you post in a more adult manner, you can have thirty extra minutes of TV time after dinner and the respect of your peers.

I loved all the Halo games, but, 4 is odd, these instant loadouts are fucking stupid as all hell and the flood playlist is garbage. Seriously who the fuck made flood? They need to be fired. Oh I know lets make a zombies playlist, but, make the zombies super fast, and strong and not give you any decent weapons to fight them. Sounds like a fun time! No, it fucking is not.

Also, the DMR is getting really fucking old. I'm forced to use the DMR because any close range weapons are suicide because everyone has the DMR, and the second you get close they throw a plasma on you and it's game fucking over. I used to love in Reach to get up close with the AR's and kill people or not scope the BR's.

Duji

Why is this thought process seemingly nonexistent with 343?

Catering Halo to the casuals is completely nonsensical. This is Halo, not Kinect Adventures. League of Legends is the most popular multiplayer video game right now and it's built from the ground up to be a competitive, simple game without any random bs like instant respawns and random shit flying onto the map. Imagine LoL with instant respawns and a dragon that comes at random intervals and at random locations on the map. Fuck that game.

Karl2177

Yeah guys, quit posting like children. Everyone try to be a bit more mature in here and really take into consideration the utensil example.

If you post in a more adult manner, you can have thirty extra minutes of TV time after dinner and the respect of your peers.

lol

Excuse me while I take my grownup drink to the kiddie table.

I like the criticism and have enjoyed reading a good deal of it here. But then 343 posts an apology and road map bulletin after coming back from a break, and yeah, Kyle's response to that bulletin reads like a tantrum. If I worked at 343 his would be the very last voice I would look to, not for its criticism, but how that criticism is conveyed, and how and what is being demanded.

He calls it like he sees it, so do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom