• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Madness

You're joking, right?
Nope... Only once Bungie announced the removal of skill ranks and the inclusion of that explains progression did the griefing in Halo 3 increase. You very rarely saw it in team slayer, team doubles etc. Especially once you went above 35.

In reach I probably had the most griefing happen to me. Because it didn't matter. They got their lols and we're booted and joined another game. But if they were rank 40 and griefing me or getting booted meant a loss to rank 39, they wouldn't have done it.

So you must be kidding me if you think griefing and betraying isn't higher in a non ranked game vs ranked.

blamite

Ok I thought this was pretty damn funny (no, I don't care about CSR):

Waypoint Poster: [W]hy are the CSR rankings "starting fresh" in April instead of representing our cumulative efforts since November 6th?
BSAngel: We want to start every player fresh so they can experience the journey.

So presumably this means Trueskill will be reset across the board, otherwise starting from CSR 1 is meaningless as everyone will have a different base t work from.

:lol.

I sucked so bad at Halo 3. But still, can see why they decided not to show ranks in-game.

I guess, it just seems like a really wimpy, no-teeth response that makes Halo kiddier than it needs to be. What happened to having balls and attempting to better oneself?

No, in life people will just give you stuff! no matter what you do or how hard you work!

The game ended fun-fun heres a participation trophy.

I guess, it just seems like a really wimpy, no-teeth response that makes Halo kiddier than it needs to be. What happened to having balls and attempting to better oneself?

No, in life people will just give you stuff! no matter what you do or how hard you work!

The game ended fun-fun heres a participation trophy.

YOU POSTED! +10

Nebula

I hoped, man! Forge playlist gave me a bit of confidence. Then this and the Infinity scourge permeating objective playlists took it away. Confirmation of no campaign/SpOps theatre was just the icing on the "crush fracas's dreams" cake.

I think it gave a lot of people hope to be honest. The initial excitement of new maps hid the fact that it was still Halo 4. The moment that went away was the moment I stopped enjoying myself. It's great that 343i are trying but as usual it's not enough, and took way to long to do.

On to the theater news. Luckily for me I have a PVR so this news means nothing to me... However, it has been a huge and vital part of many speedrunning circles and numerous campaign glitching circles. I can see how bad this news would be for anyone who doesn't have a capture card. Chances are this will cripple those circles.

This TU needs to be huge. Here is what I would like, despite me knowing this isn't going to happen.

DMR - Make kill times longer than the BR, bring it more into the long range role it should be filling while moving it away from the short range role where it easily dominates.

BoltShot - No more 1 hit kill, shield stripper at most. I would like to exclude it from loadouts.

Active Camo - Removal from Loadouts. Placed in Ordinance drop system instead where applicable. On maps in playlist not using Infinity rules.

Slayer - Yeah no classic name. We will just call it Slayer. No ordinance, no instant respawn, weapons/AAs/equipment on map and fixed weapon spawns. BR starts with AR secondary. Will have a mix of both Halo 4 maps and Forged classics.

Forge objects - As some of you know some pieces have issues such as the lockout BR tower piece. Also some pieces just need altering to make them more versatile like the brace large. Some of the pieces gained pointless aesthetics that just get in the way and make them a lot harder to use.

Doubt we will see these happen over the course of Halo 4 let alone in this TU.

Ghazi

Who issues his paycheck, this community or 343/MSFT? Which relationships do you think he values more, the ones he shares with his coworkers or the ones he shares with us?

Kate Upton article on CNN.com DISTRACTION +10

Certain Affinity issues his paycheck. I think he genuinely cares about the community, it's just that Microsoft's putting the muzzle on him.

Any answer you get from Frankie is going to be almost identical to the PR answer. He's not going to act counter to his studio.
The man can defend himself so I hope I'm not coming off as doing just that, but Frank's posts are quite departed from the regurgitated script I just witnessed from Hawty Mcbloggy. She posts like she's talking to children. It's patronizing.

The Triforce has reunited:

bWLeUKR.png

The Halo Gods have had their fill for the next several months.

Ghazi

And?

I totally understand where he's coming from. As someone who got to Colonel grade 2 in that game, I got a hell of a lot of abuse. Quite frankly, I grew tired of it fast. People took ranks far too seriously.

I could semi-agree with you there, but not even having one playlist with competitive play and in-game CSR in mind makes the game totally (feel like it's) geared towards casual play. I still think that they should have separated ranked and social playlists. I understand that not everyone plays video-games competitively but Halo has always been considered more of a competitive game compared to other games. Having CSR in-game means that the players have something to work on/toward before and after they've hit the max rank. If they care about it, they'll take the game seriously and try harder, if they don't then they can just play whatever they want and ignore it. 343 is trying to cater to 2 different crowds and they're alienating both.

Omni

343 should take notes from Bungie. Literally have fixed everything people have disliked about the beta within the first 2 weeks of it. Thus why I love them.

I remember a few things being fixed in the old Waypoint beta forums like that. (obviously no one asked for a dark theme or anything, but the rolled updates just the same IIRC)

If 343 is so involved with its community, how come we never see them offer to sit down with prominent community members and actually show everyone else how that conversation goes down? A sit down between some devs and people from different backgrounds in the Halo fanbase would be kinda cool.

Truthfully, I just want to read the body language and facial expressions of the developers when criticisms of their game are brought up. They seem to blatantly ignore us on all but the most minor of issues.

I mean, really, a TU is supposed to fix this game and the only thing we can really count on is that they'll nerf the boltshot? Are you for real?

And the file share... are you fucking kidding me?

Help us, Obi-Wan Frankobi. You're our only hope.

heckfu

Banned
For any juniors who are here just to talk to Frankie (all of you), there's a Godzilla-like way to summon him from the depths of whatever he is doing. Just use this gif!

tumblr_m1povkSEjU1r7922zo1_400.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
For any juniors who are here just to talk to Frankie (all of you), there's a Godzilla-like way to summon him from the depths of whatever he is doing. Just use this gif!

tumblr_m1povkSEjU1r7922zo1_400.gif

Quoted for truth.

Gamertag RUMHAM still hasn't accepted my FR.

willow ve

135 Snickers bars

I would have accepted 7 bags of Doritos, two cases of Gamer Fuel, or two, two toppings large pizzas from Pizza Hut.

Another intesting article from Paul Tassi. Also odd reading video game news from Forbes.

In reality, competitive Halo just isn’t what it used to be.

Recently, Halo games have become increasingly less viable as a competitive title at the highest levels. Starting with Reach, the inclusion of armor abilities like jetpack and armor lock changed the game in fundamental ways that were too big to ignore.

Halo 4 went a step further....

Enfinit

Yea, it is as simple as that.

And I don't have to prove anything.

I'm not saying you're wrong, however I'm certainly not inclined to take your word without any evidence. I'm under the impression inserting visible 1-50 ranks is more trouble to 343i than it's worth, hence why they aren't in the game. You just essentially said "Yea, you're wrong. It's actually really easy however I'm not going to prove that to you because I don't have to prove anything." Just saying.

CyReN

Does MLG Black Ops 2 remove loadouts, killstreaks and perks? I'm going to guess so, although the article doesn't say, which seems a strange omission.

They ban certain things in their game, but competitive BO2 is trying to start close to vanilla as possible.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Does MLG Black Ops 2 remove loadouts, killstreaks and perks? I'm going to guess so, although the article doesn't say, which seems a strange omission.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the part where it asks why CoD is considered competitive.

Point is that's not why Halo 4 isn't in MLG in the first place.

Omni

How are you supposed to kill every Elite on Keyes in Halo CEA? I swear I've been through the level several times and still haven't to the achievement. I'm trying to 100% it, but egh (that and the final countdown run on The Maw is driving me nuts. Always miss out by like ~2 seconds.......)

How are you supposed to kill every Elite on Keyes in Halo CEA? I swear I've been through the level several times and still haven't to the achievement. I'm trying to 100% it, but egh (that and the final countdown run on The Maw is driving me nuts. Always miss out by like ~2 seconds.......)
Some of the achievements in that game are just irritating. Thank god you can have skulls on while going for them (bandanna), otherwise I would have gone insane trying to beat the Library on heroic without dying.

Top Bottom