• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Akai__

People weren't kidding, when they said, that Halo 3 is flooded with mexican/columbian host. Had to find it out the hard way. :lol

ElRenoRaven

After another try and wasting double XP I just turned off my XBOX. Same thing, he's stuck literally in the door with his gun and sword sticking out (which are not part of his hitbox I'll note).

There are plenty of bugs only in the 1st chapter, but besides them, the chapter was beautiful and it was a very good mission.

And holy shit at the CGI.
Halsey overriding the AI Roland. This was quite funny.

Bugs, I had:

- objectives not being displayed
- shield doors not opening, when destroying the "generator"
- shield doors opening, without destroying the "generator"
- Crawlers running against walls or against each other
- Jackal's running into walls
- Elite with Sword disapearing in front of me

Wow. It's so weird none of that happened to me either. The only thing remotely happening to me was a delay when I cleared out a hallway. I was like well maybe I have to go the other way and half way down the hall finally a waypoint poped up where I was. So I turned around and headed back.

A new Bioshock Infinite trailer.

Oh boy, that curiosity, can't wait till it's out!

Also looking forward to SPOPS7 today. Hopefully impressions line up with expectations.

Oh damn. I so can't wait for that game.

Was anyone else hoping that a promethean knight was going to decapitate Sarah Palmer or was it just me?

I really was. I was like yes she's gonna die but then it was like she turned into Ms Badass and took him out. I was like goddamn it. Now I'm a little conflicted. She's still annoying but the way she was taking out the knight and other Prometheans was bad ass.

TCKaos

Shit. Does Auburn have a game today? I ask because three or four people have come up to me on campus so far talking about college football and asking for high-fives and shit while I'm wearing my Goku hoodie. I have no idea that the fuck is happening.

Also yeah this episode was probably the best one so far despite the Infinity being reused so much. The map is large enough and the missions diverse enough to where it didn't feel terribly too samey. Looking forward to playing through it again to grind for some Halo Funbucks.

Alchemical

Neo Member
It's embarrassing that pro is now synonymous with fair and equal gameplay

So true. :/ Apart from Slayer Pro in Reach, which should more accurately have been called Slayer Throw, due to the ridiculous amount of plasma 'nade trolling that goes on in that gametype.

Has 343 or Bungie ever commented on framerate issue in Halo games? Be it on Forge maps, developer maps, in campaign, splitscreen, whatever. I don't recall any instance at which either company has acknowledged any of the issues. Maybe my memory is hazy.

Have never seen it officially acknowledged, even on the more informal posts by Jeremiah et al. over on Optimatch etc. The issue itself was one of the indirect factors behind my (unsuccessful) drive to get some high quality 2v2 forge maps into the Doubles playlist in Reach. Performance limitations were easier to circumnavigate in 2v2 scenarios, allowing for more decorative and outlandish designs. I'm assuming such issues still plague many 4v4 designs in H4 forge. Especially when it comes to split screen.

willow ve

I don't normally pimp my own stuff on here, but I've conducted interviews with some of the top players in the Infinity Challenge and got their views on the event. It's a pretty good read!

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2013/01/confessions-of-infinity-challenge-winner.html

Interesting interviews.

From the Article said:
Must Be A Noob: The first day it started I had to wake up at 5am GMT and I played a total of 16 hours that day then slept for 8 hours. When the leaderboards updated and I saw I was sitting in first place it gave me motivation to try and keep first place throughout the whole tournament. I also had two friends playing in tier 2 who were in the top 10, so every time I got on I would always have someone to talk to while playing Halo 4 because the longer you played the more boring and repetitive the game got.

I can't imagine playing any game for 16 hours straight. Even at the most addictive peak of Halo 3 LAN parties I think the longest I ever played straight through was 8-10 hours. Maybe 12 hours tops. I can't imagine doing 16 hours back to back, day after day.

And then this

From the Article said:
ZXS: If this tournament was done again I would suggest to make it so the qualifier and finals would be shorter. I took two weeks off work for this. This was definitely a once in a life time thing for me. Shoutouts to my my awesome teammates Lethulspanish, cajunsuperjeff, aweelillad, tittledhalo, jerkstolemyname.

Overdoziz

Banned

Rev3rb

I can't imagine playing any game for 16 hours straight. Even at the most addictive peak of Halo 3 LAN parties I think the longest I ever played straight through was 8-10 hours. Maybe 12 hours tops. I can't imagine doing 16 hours back to back, day after day.

Do any of them go to school or have jobs?

This is ridiculous...

Akai__

Wow. It's so weird none of that happened to me either. The only thing remotely happening to me was a delay when I cleared out a hallway. I was like well maybe I have to go the other way and half way down the hall finally a waypoint poped up where I was. So I turned around and headed back.

I swear to god, I was walking arround 15 minutes in the first room, which was block with the shield doors. Shooting at those generator things didn't help either.

When I restarted the mission, it worked. If only my capture card wasn't at my friends house.

i562kmBPObfDz.gif
Amazing.

A new Bioshock Infinite trailer.

Oh boy, that curiosity, can't wait till it's out!

Also looking forward to SPOPS7 today. Hopefully impressions line up with expectations.

That game looks so good.

Must Be A Noob said:
I started to play Halo 4 a lot different than I used to play it so I could maximise my score every game. I would always rush the other team, making sure I get a lot of kills before I would die so I would get a higher score and faster game times.

Jesus Christ, their parents must think Freddy Krueger's haunting them or something. :lol

So Gears of War Judgment Early Demo will be a preorder exclusive and ........

As an added bonus, multiplayer experience points (XP) earned will carry over to the final game for players who purchase and play “Judgment” in the first week following its U.S. release, allowing them to get a jump on the competition and begin unlocking special rewards, like new weapon skins, medals and achievements.

LosDaddie

Banned
Anybody want to tackle the new SpOps episode tonight? I think I should be free around 9:30pm EST.

GT is the same as on GAF.

I wish I could just take off two weeks of work and school and just play Halo for 16 hours a day without bodily damages.

Bro, you need to be enjoying the Tally-life to the fullest.

Not that I'm a GoW player, but at least it's purely cosmetic stuff, right? Or am I picking that up wrong?

As a level 29 in Halo 4, I don't like that I'm getting matched up with 60 - 100 level players, who have access to Perks I don't.

Shit. Does Auburn have a game today? I ask because three or four people have come up to me on campus so far talking about college football and asking for high-fives and shit while I'm wearing my Goku hoodie. I have no idea that the fuck is happening.

Also yeah this episode was probably the best one so far despite the Infinity being reused so much. The map is large enough and the missions diverse enough to where it didn't feel terribly too samey. Looking forward to playing through it again to grind for some Halo Funbucks.

They're high fiving because of that Goku hoodie ;]

my recent break-up

Bros before dil..sex toys. You should tell us how it played out after the last time you talked about it :B

ElRenoRaven

I swear to god, I was walking arround 15 minutes in the first room, which was block with the shield doors. Shooting at those generator things didn't help either.

When I restarted the mission, it worked. If only my capture card wasn't at my friends house.

Oh I believe you guys. I just find it so weird how it can be so buggy for some and not others.

Omni

OT: Just saw Looper for the first time. Ending was... unexpected. Enjoyed it though... even if I'm left questioning some aspects.

so does anyone here actually play match making?

and are any good?

Hit up Ryaaaaaaaaan.

OT: Just saw Looper for the first time. Ending was... unexpected. Enjoyed it though... even if I'm left questioning some aspects.

It was entertaining for the most part, but there is no logic to the story whatsoever.

EDIT: To be fair, the movie has self-referential slight comments about how it's nonsensical.

m23

I have yet to pre-order, gotta check out the other retailers. I also heard that everyone who buys Judgement during the launch will get a download code for Gears 1. Its great news for me as my disc doesn't work anymore.

You did something right, if you get messages like this, over XBL:

45? Seriously? That's like nothing 3 months after a game drops.

People are so ridiculous. I work full time and am required to have continuing education for my job, play a few nights a week most of the time and am in the 120's. GET ON MY LEVEL!

Fuckin' A Croatia. You must be some special kind of douchebag.

lol.

Like Spartan Ops :)

ZING!

EDIT: Top of page. And I just noticed the other guy's gamertag...

Fuchsdh

Just watched the Ops cutscene... Man, I think Ops has definitely shown that people who were complaining that 343i was destroying Halsey as a character were way wrong. Sure, she's not exactly on the UNSC's side, but considering what the UNSC is up to that's not always a bad thing. She's certainly portrayed as one of the most nuanced characters, alongside Jul M'dama.

Akai__

45? Seriously? That's like nothing 3 months after a game drops.

People are so ridiculous. I work full time and am required to have continuing education for my job, play a few nights a week most of the time and am in the 120's. GET ON MY LEVEL!

Fuckin' A Croatia. You must be some special kind of douchebag.

lol.

EDIT: Top of page. And I just noticed the other guy's gamertag...

Actually, this is a 45 in Halo 3. He is just mad, because he is a 37.
I'm only 58 in Halo 4, btw.

Now, that he has nothing else to say, he is picking on my grammar and I think, I'm going to cry.

I am probably late to the party but I just read Shadders latest article:

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.co...f-infinity-challenge-winner.html?spref=tw&m=1

Reading that is exactly why I don't like things like the virgin tournament, one guy took two weeks off work, another was made redundant anyway and they literally spent every waking moment in spartan ops. To the point were they complain about long term damage and crippling boredom.

Time based tournaments suck, skill based tournements would be better

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I am probably late to the party but I just read Shadders latest article:

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.co...f-infinity-challenge-winner.html?spref=tw&m=1

Reading that is exactly why I don't like things like the virgin tournament, one guy took two weeks off work, another was made redundant anyway and they literally spent every waking moment in spartan ops. To the point were they complain about long term damage and crippling boredom.

Time based tournaments suck, skill based tournements would be better

But having no job, no life and doing real harm to yourself for a video game means they should be rewarded. Frankie should personally thank everybody that did harm to themselves for this Halo tournament.

Hopefully Microsoft and Virgin can expand this type of tournament. Instead of low amounts of hurt over a long period of time, how about high amount of pain in a short period of time?

Maybe a razor slash will get you about a week's worth of playtime/ a few hundred games.

A broken bone has got to be worth atleast two weeks worth of back to back gaming.

They could even allow clans in to let people hurt others if they too wimpy to hurt themselves too. Endless possibilities. And media will go nuts over it. It will bring more promotion than Mountain Dew ever did.

The above is sarcastic.

I can't believe I'm going out of my to explicitly state this, but I am.

That was intense haha

I really don't get the reasoning behind this Virgin tornament. Did it net Halo 4 a lot press or players? Seems like it has been a cluster from the conception.

Actually, this is a 45 in Halo 3. He is just mad, because he is a 37.
I'm only 58 in Halo 4, btw.

Now, that he has nothing else to say, he is picking on my grammar and I think, I'm going to cry.

Ah. Just a scrub I see. Bitching at people when a game is 5 years old is childish. 5 star in H3 btw.

Also, don't cry over that. Guy's got issues. Grammar is important though. This is the interwebs after all.

Top Bottom