• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

There really should be a ranked and social playlist. If want to play with my GF she gets owned because my rank. I don't want to play try hards every game. Halo 3 had it right 343 should take notes.

Yup even all the "cheating" that takes place still creates a better environment than this free for all, good players stat whore while bad players have a miserable experience no home for each kind of player bullshit they've created.

Even within ranked playlists bad kids could play around in level 45 n below kiddy pool land, while the good kids battled up above.

Theres no motivation to do anything in this game though besides crap on kids. I've won 82% of my games played. Yet I feel nothing, in fact I was just pissed I lost those few games because I felt like I was better than them and had no idea how to look at their info and see if they were good players or got lucky. I had no feedback of what kind of level I was at cause I didn't know the level of my opponents.

Theres no reason to play the game.

Nowise10

After two weeks, I finally get my 360 hooked up to my monitor, and then Xbox Live goes down. Beautiful.

I dont think its down. I got kicked offline, and when I tried to sign in it said there was an error. Shut off my xbox, tried to sign in again, and it worked.

Yup even all the "cheating" that takes place still creates a better environment than this free for all, good players stat whore while bad players have a miserable experience no home for each kind of player bullshit they've created.

Even within ranked playlists bad kids could play around in level 45 n below kiddy pool land, while the good kids battled up above.

Theres no motivation to do anything in this game though besides crap on kids. I've won 82% of my games played. Yet I feel nothing, in fact I was just pissed I lost those few games because I felt like I was better than them and had no idea how to look at their info and see if they were good players or got lucky. I had no feedback of what kind of level I was at cause I didn't know the level of my opponents.

Theres no reason to play the game.

but...but...no more boosters!

I dont think its down. I got kicked offline, and when I tried to sign in it said there was an error. Shut off my xbox, tried to sign in again, and it worked.

Ah, cool, will do the same

I think they were having a bug with purchasing points earlier, they are probably trying to fix that now. They need people to buy that new COD map pack.

I honestly don't mind paying. Have a PS3, I would pay $60/year for their service to match Live as well.

Really? I let my XBL expire because I don't see a point in paying anymore.

I used my 2 week trial that came with H4 to try the new spops/forge test/grifball but I really don't think it's worth the 60 bucks anymore especially since I've pretty much stopped playing Halo.

One of my friends pays for PSN (or whatever the paid service is called) and loves getting free games every month as well as the service. Plus if you dont want to pay you can still play online for free.

Really? I let my XBL expire because I don't see a point in paying anymore.

I used my 2 week trial that came with H4 to try the new spops/forge test/grifball but I really don't think it's worth the 60 bucks anymore especially since I've pretty much stopped playing Halo.

One of my friends pays for PSN (or whatever the paid service is called) and loves getting free games every month as well as the service. Plus if you dont want to pay you can still play online for free.

Party chat. I have friends that I'm not able to talk too and Live is the only time we can. It works perfectly (better than group chat on Skype that drops my bandwidth to shit) and we get to play games. Can also tell the gf that I'm playing Halo just to talk to old buddies. It's a win-win.

The free games on PSN are awesome, but I already bought the ones I want to play, so haven't used it. I like it a lot though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Where are you guys getting your Xbox Live codes? Subscriptions are on sale practically year round. Maybe $25 a year, 30 at most. IMO it's worth it.

You guys are nuts. I get all my cards for free at getxblpointslive.com. It's totally free, totally real, totally radical! Come by today! BRING MONEY

Party chat. I have friends that I'm not able to talk too and Live is the only time we can. It works perfectly (better than group chat on Skype that drops my bandwidth to shit) and we get to play games. Can also tell the gf that I'm playing Halo just to talk to old buddies. It's a win-win.

The free games on PSN are awesome, but I already bought the ones I want to play, so haven't used it. I like it a lot though.

eh I don't think party chat is worth it, but I do understand your point.

Where are you guys getting your Xbox Live codes? Subscriptions are on sale practically year round. Maybe $25 a year, 30 at most. IMO it's worth it.

25 a year? where?

I got one for 45 a while back I'm just waiting for a reason to renew (destiny) since I'm pretty much just playing single player games atm.

I agree that the gun took skill in CE, but the autoaim dramatically went up in H2 and it's stayed the same since (if not stronger). I just definitely see Bungie's and 343's reasoning for not re-introducing it since Halo went online.

True, and that's why you see people advocate for significantly reduced autoaim, aim assist, magnetism, hitboxes, increased strafe, etc.

That's true, but that's what makes the boltshot that much worse. They would have to reduce the reticule magnetism for the CE pistol to get it to work in any recent Halo game

Halo 2's auto aim was far more than any other game in the series, went down in H3, up in Reach and what feels like a little less in H4.

Their reasoning for not re-introducing the H1 Pistol (even as a Rifle equivalent) is what exactly? Has there ever been a definitive reason other than "Pistol too strong and OP" or some other false-truth? It being too powerful as a reason to cut it is just malarkey..

I honestly don't mind paying. Have a PS3, I would pay $60/year for their service to match Live as well.

I can't wait to see PSN's evoltuion with the PS4. It's definitely stepping up.

-EDIT-

XBL is on the Fritz. When do i get my free undertow download?

That game owns lol

Fracas

#fuckonami

25 a year? where?

I got one for 45 a while back I'm just waiting for a reason to renew (destiny) since I'm pretty much just playing single player games atm.
Ebay, Buy/Sell/Trade thread, and various sales. Amazon and Best Buy were (this may still be going on, not sure) offering a year for $35, which isn't too bad. A few weeks ago, Best Buy offered 3 months plus 800 ms points for $13. Sell points, end up with 3 months gold for $4-5.
Theres a party chat limit?

Yep, 8 people.

25 a year? where?

Ebay, Buy/Sell/Trade thread, and various sales. Amazon and Best Buy were (this may still be going on, not sure) offering a year for $35, which isn't too bad. A few weeks ago, Best Buy offered 3 months plus 800 ms points for $13. Sell points, end up with 3 months gold for $4-5.

Yep, 8 people.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46984637&postcount=8543

lmfao You just like linking and talking about yourself don't you? And here I was thinking you were joking this whole time, but I think you're actually obsessed with yourself :eek:

Join the club.

Na. Just too lazy to click more times than I had to.

Took you this long to notice?

kROZr.gif

Redford

aka Cabbie
just downloaded a regicide gametype where you spawn with target locator and if you're king you're a giant flood with binary rifle and incineration cannon. it's one of the most download gametypes

pretty cool stuff

Do you mean the sticky det? lol I call it that all the time.

Top Bottom