• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Shadders

Do people actually like downloading their games as opposed to going to the store and buying it? Or if you don't like it, why not just order it online from places like amazon and ship to mailbox?

Almost 90% of the time, games are cheaper to buy physically by the time they are on the marketplace for download.

I still have a worry that all these xbla games I have will be wasted once the new Xbox comes out and you can't transfer over purchases or those games won't be supported.

People like not having to put the disc in the tray. I know a few on here have digital versions of all the Halos (except Halo 2, obv) for ease of access.

Speaking of Halo 2, do Microsoft properly hate it or something? No digital version, all forms of online multiplayer squished. Are they trying to eradicate it?

BWFsC9S.png

Sony Pls

Nebula

Almost 90% of the time, games are cheaper to buy physically by the time they are on the marketplace for download.

I've always been able to find games online or in stores that are cheaper than the On Demand counterpart. I guess some people just like knowing they can't break or scratch it at all, and if they ever want to play it again like a year or two later, they can just load it up, or redownload it.

Also got this and this on a Mongoose.

Wish I had a computer that could handle recording. Working with this 6 year old thing is hard, but it can still get pictures for me.

Madness

I never understood why the Dreamcast flopped. It was awesome at the time. Must have played sonic adventures and Sega Rally 1000 times.

Also can anyone tell me whether this video has any issues. Recorded on my 6 year old laptop.

Sega made a lot of mistakes. Released quite a few new consoles and cut support for them. So many 32x, Sega-CD, Saturn users got shafted. Why would they buy Dreamcast?

Then you had a lack of third party support, especially EA which went full steam with support for the ps2.

Plus the PS2 was more powerful and came with a DVD drive, it really helped drive sales so much that people just abandoned the Dreamcast in droves. Let's face it, most Nintendo fans were still waiting for gamecube as well.

That is actually true...huh. The best Halo games came out while Bush was president.

I did ask one slightly political question.

Came out in his first term. Technically an add on....

Clearly this means that all Halo games will get worse and worse until a Republican is elected.

Only the Ghost of Reagan can bring Halo back to its former glory.

The Ghost of Reagan would probably be as worthless as his livelier self.

Tawpgun

Only the Ghost of Reagan can bring Halo back to its former glory.

The Ghost of Reagan would probably be as worthless as his livelier self.

The republican belief of not catering toward the casuals would bring Halo back to its former glory.

It was Obama's "spreading the skill" that ruined Halo

Fuchsdh

Just for my own curiosity, what makes you think Reagan was worthless?
Forget "worthless", I just don't understand how Reagan went from being pretty unpopular with his own party at the time to be deified now.

Hell, Reagan had stricter fun control measures as higher taxes than now.

Duji

The republican belief of not catering toward the casuals would bring Halo back to its former glory.

It was Obama's "spreading the skill" that ruined Halo

The casuals would allow us to be catered to if they only knew what was best for them. Thanks, Obama.

Do people actually like downloading their games as opposed to going to the store and buying it? Or if you don't like it, why not just order it online from places like amazon and ship to mailbox?

I still have a worry that all these xbla games I have will be wasted once the new Xbox comes out and you can't transfer over purchases or those games won't be supported.
The option to store and play games directly from the HDD is a nice convenience. I just wish that all of the Halo games were available as digital downloads (we're still missing Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary). It's especially nice if you move your system often to not have to carry discs. They can't be stolen, nor damaged. They can be played simultaneously on two consoles, and even stored on and played from USB-compatible devices.

Booties

Banned
Guys, my cousin is really close to this girl whose dad works for Nintendo and he said Nintendo power is coming back this fall

Madness

Guys, my cousin is really close to this girl whose dad works for Nintendo and he said Nintendo power is coming back this fall

I was waiting for somebody to try and make a smartass comment. I'd gladly post her dad's linkedin for you, show you their home address since she lives close to my cousin were it not for the fact Frankie and David and who knows who else from MS searches this forum.

The Xbox division at MS has been on heavy lock down.

But tell me what I said was so outlandish? I said my cousin is good friends with a girl who's father is a 'manager' at Xbox for Microsoft. I said I'd shoot him an email and see if he's still in contact with her because she told him about the slim well before any sites even had leaks of it. And I wrote manager purposely because if I was to give his exact position, he could be outed because I don't know how many positions of his there are.

Because the Xbox division is locked down so much, not even my brother in law who is a senior program manager at Microsoft and did work on Windows 8 knows much about what's happening with the nextbox.

Booties

Banned
I was waiting for somebody to try and make a smartass comment. I'd gladly post her dad's linkedin for you, show you their home address since she lives close to my cousin were it not for the fact Frankie and David and who knows who else from MS searches this forum.

But tell me what I said was so outlandish? I said my cousin is good friends with a girl who's father is a 'manager' at Xbox for Microsoft. I said I'd shoot him an email and see if he's still in contact with her because she told him about the slim well before any sites even had leaks of it. And I wrote manager purposely because if I was to give his exact position, he could be outed because I don't know how many positions of his there are.

Because the Xbox division is locked down so much, not even my brother in law who is a senior program manager at Microsoft and did work on Windows 8 knows much about what's happening with the nextbox.

So you had this super defensive post lined up and waiting basically. Good for you.

I was waiting for somebody to try and make a smartass comment.
To be fair, it's like one of the oldest tropes on internet videogame forums. I wouldn't present that type of information in that manner, even if it were credible (because almost all of the time, it's not).

LosDaddie

Banned
Yeah, XBL kicked me off a couple times before I quit last night, but I still got in a few good games of H4 last night. It's fun. :) The new Forge playlist is solid. I'm going to be playing it a good amount this weekend.

Xbox Live is worth it because that is where my friends are. Party chat is hardly worth $60 (valued price.)

All the other "premiuim" features are free elsewhere.

Being on GAF, I always snag 1 or 2 of those $30-$35 XBL deals when they're posted. That deal along with the XBL game sales/discounts that happen throughout the year, means that XBL costs maybe $10-$15/year for me. That's nothing. Sure, I'd like XBL to be free, but I'm an adult with a good career. I find the cost worth it.

GrizzNKev

Banned

K bro. I know one of the lead hardware designers on all 3 xboxes and I ain't gonna peep a damn thing. Chillllllllll.

u4iX

Let me author a quick tl;dr for this post.

"I don't even lift."

GrizzNKev

Banned
I've also touched Atvi CEO Bobbeh Co-Dick and been close enough to touch EA CEO John Ravioli for unrelated reasons. But I'm not going to act like they gave me mystical industry secrets.

Madness

So you had this super defensive post lined up and waiting basically. Good for you.

No, I was waiting for someone to make a mock joke of the post. I'd have no problem if you said you didn't believe me at all, but you made a dumb joke that didn't even have to do with anything I said.

All I said was, I was thinking of asking my cousin if he was still in contact with this girl who's dad is a huge higher up at Xbox and see if he could find anything of this new Xbox that was teased a few pages back. She was his friend and she had told him of the slim and how her dad had brought it home.

I just don't want the dad to be in trouble which is why I didn't say his exact position. I bet Frankie and the guys from 343i probably have met the guy.

I realize its one of the oldest tropes, but I didn't make any claims, I didn't say I played anything. What did I actually say that was deserving of mockery? I said I'll email my cousin and see if he can find out anything.

EDIT: wow even u4ix is clowning on me and I thought he was such a nice guy over twitter. Complemented his broadcasting abilities and nice voice meant for videos.

u4iX

No, I was waiting for someone to make a mock joke of the post. I'd have no problem if you said you didn't believe me at all, but you made a dumb joke that didn't even have to do with anything I said.

All I said was, I was thinking of asking my cousin if he was still in contact with this girl who's dad is a huge higher up at Xbox and see if he could find anything of this new Xbox that was teased a few pages back. She was his friend and she had told him of the slim and how her dad had brought it home.

I just don't want the dad to be in trouble which is why I didn't say his exact position. I bet Frankie and the guys from 343i probably have met the guy.

I realize its one of the oldest tropes, but I didn't make any claims, I didn't say I played anything. What did I actually say that was deserving of mockery? I said I'll email my cousin and see if he can find out anything.

Halo is dad.

EDIT: You gotta know I'm just playin' man.

If you want some unsolicited advice, I'd tell you to not take to defending yourself so seriously. If you know someone or something, that's cool, but never expect the internet to believe everything you say or especially to be appreciative of it. <3

Overdoziz

Banned

lol

GrizzNKev

Banned

For even more unlreated reasons I've been inside Bungie's enchanted walls, and for more reasons after that I'm going to be meeting some folks from ArenaNet, the people behind Guild Wars. And even then, I've been in 343's parking lot. My point is none of these things are particularly special, nor are they difficult to do. Live in the region, know a few of the right people, and that's that.

Unless you're about to reveal something nobody knows yet, nobody is going to care.

Top Bottom