• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Omni

Depending on what Sony shows off for the PS4, I might switch to their platform. Halo's lost my interest, only thing keeping me on Xbox is the sheer number of people I know that are also on it. Durango requiring constant internet connection and no used games would tip me over the edge as well.

If MS actually goes the always online, no used games route, it's pretty much a given that Sony will too.

But if MS drops the ball with the next box, I think I'm just going to fully commit to a gaming computer. I have no real interest in Sony.

Depending on what Sony shows off for the PS4, I might switch to their platform. Halo's lost my interest, only thing keeping me on Xbox is the sheer number of people I know that are also on it. Durango requiring constant internet connection and no used games would tip me over the edge as well.

It's far too early for me to say what I'll be getting. Isn't just about every thing related to Durango highly speculative and largely rumours at this point?

Neogaf requires constant internet connection too you know? :p

What if I told you... is also rumored that the PS4 will not allow used games.

But don't worry Pachter said that retailers won't stock consoles that doesn't allow used games.

lol Pachter

It's supposed to be a joke. Or a confirmation that the opposite will happen. Like during the last VGA, he said during the pre-show that the Walking Dead wouldn't win GOTY due to the industry not being ready for an arcade game to win instead of another AAA game. I knowed in that moment that the Walking Dead would win, and it won.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just had an Infinity BTB game end in a 1000 / 1000 tie.

And yeah, I'm voluntarily playing Infinity BTB, shut up.

Halo Anniversary graphics are great. Wow, tremendous effort Saber and Bungie.

Yeah man. I love the colour and lighting balance in the game. Beautiful. Shame it doesn't run at the best framerate. I really hope there is a focus on high fps games next gen, but I'm doubtful. :/

Yeah man. I love the colour and lighting balance in the game. Beautiful. Shame it doesn't run at the best framerate. I really hope there is a focus on high fps games next gen, but I'm doubtful. :/

Some quick maths assuming 100% peak rate and also assuming 0 usage by other parts of the system. So pretty much ideal numbers which will never be reached.

For a game running at 30FPS they can move 873.81MB/Frame.
For a game running at 60FPS they can move 436.90MB/Frame.

From Gaming Side. (VGLeaks: Durango's Move Engines)

I don't know much of that stuff, but the amount of MB that they could be able to move in 30 FPS looks really tempting, that they may sacrifice frame rate....
The good news, we can be (almost) sure that games will(at least) be locked at 30 FPS.

Madness

60FPS is surely ideal, but I'd even be happy with an absolutely strict locked 30FPS.

I'd prefer locked 30 fps even if 4 players are split screening. 60 fps halo 5 would be amazing, but I hope they wouldn't cut anything too focus on that.

What I mean is, if they can only do 30 fps, make sure it never drops below, on any maps, using any weapons, any part of the campaign, even if 4 players are split screening.

CyReN

u4iX is commentating the VirginGaming NHL Tourney in Vegas. Show your support if you can:)

Alison from 343 is also there.

BCuDrFuCYAAqR6h.jpg

Recarpo

Haven't been in this thread for a good month so sorry if this has been asked a lot, but is anybody else having problems with halo 2 pc? Logging in using GFWL just isn't working at all. It looks like a widespread problem, from a couple of searches, and wanted to see if anybody in here had the issue and had any luck fixing it.

Madness

I really wanted top of the line headphones as well, but can't justify proprietary tech for the Xbox 360 anymore. I'd need something that was pc/future console proof.

I managed to find some rule 34 for Sarah Palmer getting banged by elites.

And crawlers.

Weird, I didn't find anything when I was looking for material for one of my gifs.

It's the one with Palmer, stoned Thorne nodding, then Gek pops up and kills his boner. Can't link it because I'm on my phone right now.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Weird, I didn't find anything when I was looking for material for one of my gifs.

It's the one with Palmer, stoned Thorne nodding, then Gek pops up and kills his boner. Can't link it because I'm on my phone right now.

It wasn't that hard to find. Maybe it was made recently. Try looking it up again.

What is fucked up is the CEA terminals where supposed to lead into the story of Halo 4 but they match nothing in Halo 4. 343 guilty spark was the main character in the CEA terminals but you don't see him at all in Halo 4. I don't get it.
I'd guess developmental hell caused the campaign to change.
They based the CEA terminals off their plan for the Halo 4 campaign, then the game had to change.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Just played doubles pro for the first time, with a close friend too.

First time I ever said "feels like Halo" while playing Halo 4.

I'm ready for more of this.

Top Bottom