• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

FyreWulff

Important message:

I need films of Skyline badspawns in team games in matchmaking.

In order of priority of wanted films

Spawning on top of enemy flag
Spawning next to enemy flag (ie within your radar range)
Spawning right behind an enemy
Spawning and then being assassinated by an enemy that just spawned in your spot

If you're on GAF, send me a PM with your gamertag and the film clip name. Start the clip about 10 seconds before the incident and leave it going for 10 seconds afterwards if you please.

Lurkers, send an email to cartographers@bungie.org with subject "Skyline spawn film" and your gamertag and the film clip name.

I'm going to put a bounty up for this. The first three people to supply me with a matchmaking Skyline film of being spawned on the enemy flag will win a month of Live Gold.

Akai__

Watch Dogs is coming to PAX East Confirmed!

Hype for Shaky Cam Quality Gameplay!

Edit: Your Turn 343. Reveal Halo 2: Anniversary.

I'm pretty sure, that Watch Dogs will be one of the best games this year. Can't wait to play it on next gen Xbox and/or PC. Will there be a Watch Dogs panel, by any chance?

Can't wait for the scripted demo that is made to not look scripted. "Trust us, when you change the signal on a traffic light, cars always appear out of no where and speed up and then hit gas stations. It happens all the time."

SMH...

Karl2177

For those heckfew of you that wanted more Intercession, I made a giant post about it. You can read up on it on my new ranting zone, named after the ship in Sandtrap. Here's a brief snippet of what is in it.

I had older designs where I used two bases divided by a bridge that was offset by 45°. The design process for the current version began over Thanksgiving break in 2012, while I was in North Carolina visiting family. One night I began doodling the two base design, but in my poor drawing, I accidentally made a rectangle instead of a square. This meant that when I went to connect the corners, they just went parallel. In an attempt to fix it, I simply guessed where the middle was and drew a set of lines connecting them. Sadly, this piece of paper was left in North Carolina and is most likely recycled by now. After I drew up the basic design, I started working on it(still while on vacation) in SketchUp. I came up with a rough version that used a lot of edges, and shortly thereafter I cleaned it up quite a bit. In the SketchUp version the bridges shifted from 45° to 35°. This would allow more dance floor in the center.

The man cannons were an idea after the drawing phase, and the little ledges that they would appear on are shown in the SketchUp version. The man cannons provide an alternative way into the base structure. It also allowed me to have a base structure that wasn’t easily camp-able. By landing at the highest point of the base, it gives the attacker an advantage on anyone camping. By having the bases be multi-tiered, it meant that the defenders weren’t completely defenseless. It also gave a great way for flag captures. A player could man cannon into the base, grab the flag, jump onto the center structure, and cannon back to base. This route is incredibly wide open, and therefore much more dangerous.

Welp, time to reinstall steam.

625452_409372439158066_1786323657_n.jpg

Looks like the Jawa's Ships, So much Star wars feels they even made some tusken in the concept art.

The Master Chief returns to fight the Covenant and his new foes,
the Prometheans, in his next epic quest.
Created in collaboration with DK Publishing, we are proud to announce Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, a companion to the world of Halo 4.

Featuring detailed, annotated artwork, Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide fleshes out this broad universe with a vast collection of facts from the first installment of Halo’s Reclaimer Saga. Fiction fans will love immersing themselves in the perilous world of Halo 4 with detailed sections about the characters, factions, weapons, vehicles, equipment, armor, ships and locations.

Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide engrosses readers in the rich lore with in-depth profiles focusing on the roles and significance of the many things which inhabit the vast, mysterious and dangerous Halo Universe.

Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide will be available to purchase on 9/24/2013 for $16.99.
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headl...-4-The-Essential-Visual-Guide-is-coming!.aspx

First Visual guide was neat. Not sure if I pick this up...

wwm0nkey

Thanks for all the happy birthday wishes guys, it was technically yesterday but I was late to posting about it, still though thanks :)

But now that I am 21 I can now play Halo drunk! At least more often than I was able to before lol

wwm0nkey

Since I saw some AOE II HD talk, if you guys didn't also know Angry Birds Space was confirmed for Steam today...the relevance of this is that it was one of the other things that was put up along side Halo 1-3.

With how MS is treating AOE II HD and if they do the same support for Halo PC (if it comes out) Halo could actually be decently popular on PC :)

Since I saw some AOE II HD talk, if you guys didn't also know Angry Birds Space was confirmed for Steam today...the relevance of this is that it was one of the other things that was put up along side Halo 1-3.

With how MS is treating AOE II HD and if they do the same support for Halo PC (if it comes out) Halo could actually be decently popular on PC :)

Imagine Halo 1-3 with steamworks and workshop support. No, it'd be just too awesome to exist.

iUmfO3OcA3gXX.gif

AOE II HD seems like a specialty case to me, a passion project by Matt Pritchard and him reaching out to get it done.

I still have my doubts about Halo on Steam, and even if they do come around, I expect them to be 1:1 with the current ports. I guess disappointment and Halo are synonymous with me after 2009 so I know not to get my hopes up.

Ghazi

that seems pretty not shitty considering integrated graphics and unoptimized port
I get less on Halo 1 for some reason, that's why I didn't mention it. It's also annoying how online is unplayable because of it. One day I'll build that computer I've always wanted.

orznge

Banned
I get less on Halo 1 for some reason, that's why I didn't mention it. It's also annoying how online is unplayable because of it. One day I'll build that computer I've always wanted.

iirc Halo PC was pretty notorious for getting lower-than-expected FPS on beefy systems when it come out

I am. Loss of custom options for Forgers aside, Flood is a far better mode than Infection.

If you mean the default Flood is better than default Infection, I guess. Maybe. I disagree, but I understand opinions differ. I don't understand how it's far better, though. Would you mind explaining?

How about this. Both Infection and Flood in matchmaking aren't fun. In order for those games to be enjoyable, they have to be 20 minutes of the survivors hiding, scrambling, forming teams in corners, and then watching it all fall apart. That's what makes it so great. That will never be in matchmaking.

Flood/Infection is only fun in customs. It's dubbed down in matchmaking for time, which destroys the point of the gametype.

Top Bottom