• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

I'm seriously thinking about switching to pc and pc only if the xbox rumors are true. I'm gonna build a pc soon but I want to wait and see the next xbox reveal before I determine how much money I sink into it

I just put 1200 into a PC, and I should be set for 5-7 years.

Just dont try play bf3 on pc with an xbox controller.

Also anyone know who I should try and contact about the prizes for the FFA Forge competition?

Booshka

Jesus what do you need all that RAM for? I'm rocking 4gb lol

I'm starting to work with a friend on a game he and his friends have been working on, so my PC can be used as a Server to run the game. Also for video rendering and capturing footage of the game when I am doing QA for it.

And cuz why the fuck not, shit's cheap.

Rev3rb

I'll probably upgrade it in a few years, and go from 16 gigs of RAM to 32. My MOBO and Processor are good for 5+ years

Nice, my 560ti is still dealing with everything fine.

The graphics card might not last 5-7 years (if you want to keep everything super pretty), but the tech in the processors being made right is so ahead of the games being made, it will last.

32g RAM?!

heh it's cheap, why not :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm starting to work with a friend on a game he and his friends have been working on, so my PC can be used as a Server to run the game. Also for video rendering and capturing footage of the game when I am doing QA for it.

Ahh ok. Gotcha

Ryaaan14

Banned
If Destiny doesn't get a late PC announcement it'll be PS4 only for me next gen. It would take a fucking megaton for me to swing back to Xbox again, whenever they decide to get their shit together and announce the thing.

Halo five ?

Madness

What video cards are recommended? AMD or Nvidia? I'd build a new PC myself but I'm waiting on the new Intel processors.

Omni

If Destiny doesn't get a late PC announcement it'll be PS4 only for me next gen. It would take a fucking megaton for me to swing back to Xbox again, whenever they decide to get their shit together and announce the thing.

It's been what, a month? Were people this salty when the 360 was announced and had to wait until E3 for the PS3?

I have one base of Archangel complete! If anyone wants to hop on this weekend to help out/provide suggestions feel free. Zoolader and I just had the stupidest match ever :lol

Rev3rb

I have one base of Archangel complete! If anyone wants to hop on this weekend to help out/provide suggestions feel free. Zoolader and I just had the stupidest match ever :lol

Sorry I couldn't jump on and help.

Studying for a Chem. Test I have tomorrow...

Zoolader

Ya that was something else, fun burning time though! It was interesting that after dropping 3,000 feet from the sky in a mongoose it somehow managed to bounce beyond into the sunset. Sorry I couldn't use the mic, what is you map designed for anyways, is the zero gravity going to stay?

Ya that was something else, fun burning time though! It was interesting that after dropping 3,000 feet from the sky in a mongoose it somehow managed to bounce beyond into the sunset. Sorry I couldn't use the mic, what is you map designed for anyways, is the zero gravity going to stay?

Hopefully 8v8.

The super low gravity is just a Basic Editing trait, the actual map will support regular settings.

Fotos

I could play a few games if you want. Send me a friend request. GT: Foxtrot H4

Nebula

It's like things are happening to emphasise this always online rumour. My internet is down and we rung up my IP and they said there is a problem in the area that will be fixed in about 3-4 hours.

Whenever my Internet drops for long periods, I normally crack open the backlog or try to do harder achievements on a game. I will no longer be able to do this with always online. That's going to suck. I really hope these rumours are false.

Being honest, I was a bit surprised how quick everyone on the HaloGAF podcast were "Nextbox" as their choice immediately, given how we only knew positive things about the PS4 and knew nothing about the Nextbox.

Any form of decision on my part is months, if not a year away.

Will probably build a €700 PC. Would do it now, but need to think about money for PAX Prime so I finally meet more of you nutters.

Being honest, I was a bit surprised how quick everyone on the HaloGAF podcast were "Nextbox" as their choice immediately, given how we only knew positive things about the PS4 and knew nothing about the Nextbox.

Any form of decision on my part is months, if not a year away.

Will probably build a €700 PC. Would do it now, but need to think about money for PAX Prime so I finally meet more of you nutters.
Couldn't have been any of the episodes I was on, though I'll most likely end up owning all the consoles again anyways.

Purplemage

Neo Member
It's like things are happening to emphasise this always online rumour. My internet is down and we rung up my IP and they said there is a problem in the area that will be fixed in about 3-4 hours.

Whenever my Internet drops for long periods, I normally crack open the backlog or try to do harder achievements on a game. I will no longer be able to do this with always online. That's going to suck. I really hope these rumours are false.

Agreed, comcast definitely doesn't provide the best service considering how much I pay those jackass's. What's gonna be the justification to those lone gamers that don't play multi and only play campaigns? Seems like they're killing off a good chunk of sales right out the gate.

Edit: also after reading on reddit this would be awful for any military men or women who wanna play abroad.

I believe it was. The last one. If not everyone, it was practically everyone.
Well dang.

1336297872159.jpg

Omni

No because the PS2 had legs and we weren't coming off of an 8 year generation. It's absurd to compare it to that.

Oh I bet.

Just finished ME3. Dat ending.
Almost shed a man tear when Anderson died.
Interesting to see where they take the series from here.

I've beaten the game but you really oughta spoiler tag this shit or take it to the Mass Effect 3 OT.
Oh shit, haha. Usually I remember to do so, just forgot this time. Sorry!

PS+ is really awesome. All those free games. LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, Just Cause 2, Spec Ops the Line, Vanquish, the Cave etc etc. so much awesome.

Free games on PS+ is awesome allright, but you won't be able to play them when your PS+ sub expires. They have a PS+ requirement to download, and to play.

While the nextbox rumours aren't great, I'd still be waiting for quite some time before buying. I certainly won't be calling it so early.

Pop

third gen console going down again

---

Photoshopbros

<---can you make my avatar transparent, get rid of that white background

Omni

Photoshopbros

<---can you make my avatar transparent, get rid of that white background

I tried... but for some reason it was locked in photoshop. First time that's happened and I have no idea how to unlock it. I can't even duplicate the layer

edit. is there a reason why it's a .gif?

Shadders

I feel like Microsoft must have some really awesome functionality that necessitates the always online in order to sell it to people, otherwise it's just a dick move.

I'm sure I'll still get one, but only for the exclusives, I'd get all the multiplatform games on PS4, which is a complete turnaround from this gen.

Played Halo for the first time in weeks last night. Got stomped on. Not really looking forward to CSR if I can't turn my form around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom