• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could PM a mod but people used to have to wait a hell of a lot longer than 3 months to get approved here. Some a year or longer. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore... some people getting approved in days or a week or 2.

Oh damn.. Thanks for the heads up. With his luck it'll probably take the longest anyone has ever had to wait on neogaf lol

RoKKeR

Vol. 2 of the soundtrack is absolutely amazing, I'm loving it. Hearing the Halo theme at the end of "Atonement" sent chills down my spine. Nostalgia overload.

Tunavi

Banned
3tue51.jpg
GAF > Internet > GAF

RoKKeR

"This Armour" is the concept art trailer music. I was disappointed this didn't make it into the OST, but I'm glad I have it now.

I was so hyped back then, funny to see how things turned out.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
ODST would be perfect if they just patched 2 things:

1) Get rid of the damn low health beeping.

2) Modify black eye skull to be slow shields recharge. Having to melee for shield breaks the game too much, especially against buggers.

Make it happen Frankie!

ODST would be perfect if they just patched 2 things:

1) Get rid of the damn low health beeping.

2) Modify black eye skull to be slow shields recharge. Having to melee for shield breaks the game too much, especially against buggers.

Make it happen Frankie!

I'd love to see more stealth and enemies in the street, and it'd be nice to have an improved netcode.

Had to stop due to lateness, but damn A3LG can dance when he wants to. Dodgin' that fuel rod

It was fun, thanks for the invite! The button lag made it a bit more difficult than I'm used to. but it was still pretty intense. We should get an endure run going sometime. I'm always up for ODST.

blamite

So I popped in my anniversary disc, and I noticed a few things immediately that made me really appreciate Bungie:

- The menus load and there's no lag or flicker
- No annoying ambiance in the lobbies
- I can navigate them with ease. Everything is where it ought to be
- Everything I need to see is accessible at a glance, and I can change menus without backing out of the current screen

If there's anything Reach did right, it was the UI. And boy, was it fucking good.

The one problem I have with Reach's UI is that the File Share isn't as nice as Halo 3's. The file browser for searching tags and stuff is fine but the actual experience of looking through someone's fie share just isn't as nice as the grid view in H3.

What do you guys think is the best track in the Reach Soundtrack?

Casting my vote towards Tip Of The Spear. First 3 minutes of that is god tier.

My favorites in no particular order are:

Minimum Safe Distance (it bothers me that this wasn't loud enough in game)
The Sabre Program
The beginning of New Alexandria
Too Close to the Sun (perfect piece for coming down that hill)
The beta menu, specifically when the guitar comes in
Beginning of Exodus (another perfect piece for the cutscene)

I also like that part of Tip of the Spear (forgot the name). Man, I really miss the Campaign.

The one problem I have with Reach's UI is that the File Share isn't as nice as Halo 3's. The file browser for searching tags and stuff is fine but the actual experience of looking through someone's fie share just isn't as nice as the grid view in H3.

Yea I definitely see what you're saying.

My favorites in no particular order are:

The beginning of New Alexandria

I also like that part of Tip of the Spear (forgot the name). Man, I really miss the Campaign.

Yea I definitely see what you're saying.

Oh my god the beginning of New Alexandria was incredible.

The song that plays at the beginning of Lone Wolf is just beautiful as well. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8eAIkwl2kZ0#t=0s

Seriously, makes me emotional everytime I hear it.

We Remember was pretty amazing as well.

On second thought, I don't remember why I ever said Halo:Reach had a bad soundtrack compared to Halo CE/Halo2/Halo3/ODST. Reach's soundtrack was pretty damn good.

I don't even remember why I spent 2 years complaining about Reach. Yea it had issues, and yea it wasn't the greatest.

But looking back, any game that can hold my attention that long has to be worth something.

I don't even remember why I spent 2 years complaining about Reach. Yea it had issues, and yea it wasn't the greatest.

But looking back, any game that can hold my attention that long has to be worth something.

lol I've been having the same thoughts as you recently XD

https://twitter.com/SpeedyBlueDude/status/322227301083398144

I think I stated the same thing in HaloGAF the last few weeks. Seriously... Reach really was an amazing game, Bungie did do an amazing job with Reach. Wasn't the Halo game I wanted, but that didn't make it a bad game. It was fun and I did enjoy it, even if all my ******** and complaining made it seem otherwise.

IHaveIce

Banned
Overdoziz a 25 in throwdown already? Wow you have to have a team for it right?

Also the weapon balancing part somehow doesn't please me right now we don't need that all precision weapons are even(that won't happen) we just need to ensure not one of the rifles is unfair.

Automatic rifles are ok but with sprint sometimes a little too deadly.

Hope they also address some power weapons.

And active camo and jetpack...

Fuck both of it

For me is the best OST of all Halos because of the sadness feels it gives. kinda followed by ODST.

ODST still hasn't been topped yet for me. ODST was just fantastic. Deference For Darkness and Asphalt and Ablution+Finale are so amazing. I sometimes fall asleep to ODST's music. One time during a car ride in the pitch dark (10 hour car ride), it was raining really hard and you could hear and see thunder/Lighting+Rain drops, and the whole time I was listening to ODST's soundtrack and it was just incredible. :)

EDIT: Random/Silly question.

If you could get a guaranteed job at either 343 or Bungie, which would you pick?

Save Halo? Launch a brand new universe?

Team Bungie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom