• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

I heard on twitch that 343i is not showing people's names yet because they don't want an FFA to happen.

FTFY.

It's fucking stupid. Part of the strategy of an FFA is to search out people in front of you so they don't gain on you. This whole thing is a joke so far.

wZrlDe8.png

Shots fired.

Mix

Zoojoo and I are currently baking a podcast cake that might release sometime in the future. Mancannon radio will return!

Mix

those hairlines

Hey man, I really appreciate you making the intro for me, but can I ask you to do me another favor? I was wondering if you'd be able to make me an intro that is more general as far as gaming goes. I am not only covering Destiny, as I have done a Halo video and, now, a Kingdom Hearts video. Thanks in advance man!
Also, I like the logo enough that I want to keep it, just don't want people to come to my channel thinking I'm only Destiny content.

Nebula

Hey man, I really appreciate you making the intro for me, but can I ask you to do me another favor? I was wondering if you'd be able to make me an intro that is more general as far as gaming goes. I am not only covering Destiny, as I have done a Halo video and, now, a Kingdom Hearts video. Thanks in advance man!
Also, I like the logo enough that I want to keep it, just don't want people to come to my channel thinking I'm only Destiny content.

#HireWahrer

Nebula

lol, I posted my Halo Xbox One video over at HBO and no one watched it all the way through because the intro was misleading.

Just tell them in your post that you only have that intro for now.

You might just want one intro for all videos. Makes it much easier for a viewer to recognize you as a YouTuber.

Fuchsdh

I'll play it once it's free. Pretty excited about it, actually.

You can play it if you don't have the DLC, you just can't do matchmaking (should be in next week though). Been fun in some customs thus far.

Finished playing a night of Customs with some awesome Infection modes. And Gun Game is as good as I hoped. Really hope 343i notices and makes it a real gametype for Action Sack in the future.

Nebula

TitanFall bringing that double jumping. That's what Jet Pack should have been from the start.

Complex and Settler need removing. Trying to emulate classic Halo map control by making one point on the map the only power position is a very bad move to make. Every game ends up a crappy pingfest.

belushy

Banned
Anyone else see this tweet?

popcorn.png

edit: and one of the Sudd's mentioned the talked with Josh (guessing Menke?) and are excited for the new matchmaking in Halo 5.

edit 2: oh what the hell, I'm a normal Member already? Yay I guess

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
TitanFall bringing that double jumping. That's what Jet Pack should have been from the start.
I really want to see Halo experiment with mobility stuff like Titanfall. It could be so awesome. I've evangelized this a ton already, but Barrow Roll's idea of replacing sprint with something akin to the thruster pack would be great. Make it a little more powerful than the Halo 4 thruster pack, with a quicker cool down time. And increase the base movement speed on top of it.

I'm wary of things like double jumping. But I guess if it's an inherent ability, and maps are built around it, it could be cool. It strays too far away from the Halo I know and love, though, hah. But whatever happens, new mobility abilities need to be inherent, and not tied to loadout options or power ups. And maps need to built around them.

Nebula

Competitive Halo needs more AR starts.

Feels like Halo.

I really want to see Halo experiment with mobility stuff like Titanfall. It could be so awesome. I've evangelized this a ton already, but Barrow Roll's idea of replacing sprint with something akin to the thruster pack would be great. Make it a little more powerful than the Halo 4 thruster pack, with a quicker cool down time. And increase the base movement speed on top of it.

I'm wary of things like double jumping. But I guess if it's an inherent ability, and maps are built around it, it could be cool. It strays too far away from the Halo I know and love, though, hah. But whatever happens, new mobility abilities need to be inherent, and not tied to loadout options or power ups. And maps need to built around them.

I think a double jump would be a lot more controllable and less impacting than the Jet Pack currently is. Taking the Thruster Pack idea a bit further. You could have it as you said, but also extend that to a vertical axis. Have a boost upwards, but make it so that it takes longer to recharge if it is used to travel vertically (scientific reasoning being that it fought gravity a lot more than it would travelling horizontally) and I like the idea of it replacing sprint.

Sprint has ruined many good maps, and made maps a lot bigger than they should have been simply to accommodate it. It doesn't need to be in Halo and it worked perfectly fine without it. A short speed boost from thruster pack can be used to speed up travelling across the map, but that player would potentially be sacrificing the use of it if they come into combat unlike sprint.

Of course, I'd want to test this all out first. Either way, I'd like to see Jet Pack and Sprint gone.

belushy

Banned

I'm wary of things like double jumping. But I guess if it's an inherent ability, and maps are built around it, it could be cool. Strays too far away from the Halo I know and love, though, hah. But whatever happens, new mobility abilities need to be inherent, and not ties to loadout options or power ups. And maps need to built around them.

I think double jumping would be cool. Just don't know about sliding or the wall running stuff. I also personally wouldn't want to see "ledge pull up" stuff in Halo. Not sure why lol

Mix

What ever happened to that? I remember seeing some shit about that a long time ago, did that ever become something?

Holy shit, that kid was annoying, but DAT callout

In regards to the podcast, we trashed it, the audio was garbage.
Zoojoo is a cool guy once you get to know him, he just talks a little too much.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think a double jump would be a lot more controllable and less impacting than the Jet Pack currently is. Taking the Thruster Pack idea a bit further. You could have it as you said, but also extend that to a vertical axis. Have a boost upwards, but make it so that it takes longer to recharge if it is used to travel vertically (scientific reasoning being that it fought gravity a lot more than it would travelling horizontally) and I like the idea of it replacing sprint.
Sounds good to me.

Holy shit, that kid was annoying, but DAT callout
"Infinity Slayer kid" is truly the most scathing of insults.

"Infinity Slayer kid" is truly the most scathing of insults.
I just think it was kind of funny, because i got the impression that zoojoo guy was a bit of a causal, but whatev.

That interview sounds interesting, i certainly hope they'll tease what we can expect from multiplayer in the next game, however unlikely that may be.

Top Bottom