• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I am thinking of picking up halo reach reach or halo3.
Which have the better MP at the moment?
Thanks.

Halo Reach has a superior population and netcode, while Halo 3 has the better gameplay in my opinion. I'd still advise you to by Reach. There are more gamemodes in Reach so there is a bigger chance you'll find something you'll like.

Have you played any other Halo games before?

GhaleonEB

I am thinking of picking up halo reach reach or halo3.
Which have the better MP at the moment?
Thanks.

When Halo 3 had a good population, I found it much more enjoyable than Reach; better maps and gameplay. Reach improved upon it in areas such as net code and weapon feedback, but also added a lot of flaws that can make the game quite frustrating. At this point however, given the state of the playlists and populations in Halo 3, I'd recommend Reach over it.

I bought that magazine online, it is an interview with the always entertaining Frankie O'Connor.

The only tidbits of info that I haven't heard before are their descriptions of Wraparound and Warhouse.

On Warhouse, outside of that mech manufacturing area is a large battleground.
Wraparound apparently has lots of verticality and long sight lines. Sounds a lot like narrows.

Oh and they confirmed AR starts.
trollface.jpg

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Is it worth buying the map packs or is the rotation bad?

It's worth buying the anniversary map pack the very least IMO, there is usually sales on reach map packs, so you could pick up noble and defiant at a later time perhaps?

Frankie, can you please bring back Mister Chief for the Weekly Bulletins?
I was looking through the old Bungie ones and I overflowed with nostalgia.

It would make my banana stand.

Also here is all the info from the magazine that stuck out to me:

You fight the covenant, although they are not the main enemy.
Master Chief character is fleshed out through actions rather than words.
There is lens flare. They really want you to feel as if you are in the suit. (compared to Battlefield 3)
Players are going to have custom load outs.
Outside of Warhouse is a large battleground.
Wraparound has lots of verticality and long sight lines.
It is very important to them that the multiplayer is wrapped into the fiction.

I wonder if the shadows in the game dynamic or static?

Am I the only one who would recommend to buy none of these two and instead picking up Halo: CE: Anniversary? If 3 had a vivid population, I'd say go with 3. But it doesn't. Reach's MP is populated, but the rest is kinda meh. Anniversary costs $30-$40, and you get 1) an awesome campaign, b) awesome Terminals video, c) a part of Reach's multiplayer. Yeah the biggest complain is that Anniversary doesn't have Reach's map or you can't get access to the DLC maps.(Which I don't really understand because Microsoft/343i could give everyone the DLC codes of the Defiant and Noble Mappack and the "disc storage" wouldn't have been a problem).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
On Warhouse, outside of that mech manufacturing area is a large battleground.
Huh, really? Can the player go out there? Or is it purely visible, like the vehicles behind the fence on The Pit?

Striker

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Is it worth buying the map packs or is the rotation bad?
I'd get Reach. Anny packs are good, there's still decent playlist rotations going out. There's bad ones in 3 right now also. AR starts plaguing everything in social, and even in Ranked TS.

Frankie, can you please bring back Mister Chief for the Weekly Bulletins?
I was looking through the old Bungie ones and I overflowed with nostalgia.

It would make my banana stand.

Also here is all the info from the magazine that stuck out to me:

You fight the covenant, although they are not the main enemy.
Master Chief character is fleshed out through actions rather than words.
There is lens flare. They really want you to feel as if you are in the suit. (compared to Battlefield 3)
Players are going to have custom load outs.
Outside of Warhouse is a large battleground.
Wraparound has lots of verticality and long sight lines.
It is very important to them that the multiplayer is wrapped into the fiction.
So no new information.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I played The Ark yesterday on Legendary and while I found it was much easier then when I first played it back in 07' it was also a lot funner than any Reach Campaign mission.

And thanks to bungie.net's stat tracking feature I can see how much I've improved since my very first Campaign run which was also on Legendary.

2007:

Zc0hI.png

2012:

MafSE.png

dat death reduction

Finally, the lighting and skyboxes of H3 > Reach.

Lens flare and map descriptions were new to me.
Battlefield 3 was able to cover up really low res textures with their lighting and shadows, going to be interesting to see all of that with HD resolution
The only new thing for me was the large battleground outside of Warhouse.

It's what players want nowadays, for better or for worse.

And it is possible to have really competitive games with custom load outs.
Look at Rainbox Six Vegas, Ghost Recon, etc.
Just has to be balanced out really well with limited customization... Or else you get COD.

Shadders

Hey guys, there was a map and gametype doing the rounds about 6 months ago that I'm trying to track down.

It was a massive slanted tunnel with teleporters at the bottom, one team goes down the tunnel in Warthogs, the other stands in the tunnel with hammers and has to whack the 'Hogs before they get splattered.

What was it called?

Hey guys, there was a map and gametype doing the rounds about 6 months ago that I'm trying to track down.

It was a massive slanted tunnel with teleporters at the bottom, one team goes down the tunnel in Warthogs, the other stands in the tunnel with hammers and has to whack the 'Hogs before they get splattered.

What was it called?

Speed on Nascar Pro
Or vice versa.. Fun game!

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Huh, really? Can the player go out there? Or is it purely visible, like the vehicles behind the fence on The Pit?

The outside area is a key component to War House. Best to think of the map as a circle within a circle within a circle. The sky box on that particular level is one of my favorite of all time.

Overdoziz

Banned
It's what players want nowadays, for better or for worse.

And it is possible to have really competitive games with custom load outs.
Look at Rainbox Six Vegas, Ghost Recon, etc.
Just has to be balanced out really well with limited customization... Or else you get COD.
Halo is about beginning on an even playing field. Reach already ruined this and if 343 doesn't understand that...
smh

The outside area is a key component to War House. Best to think of the map as a circle within a circle within a circle. The sky box on that particular level is one of my favorite of all time.

A circle within a circle within a circle.. Sounds like powerhouse. :/

Halo is about beginning on an even playing field. Reach already ruined this and if 343 doesn't understand that...
smh

I think that is because reach offered too much variety.
You can't balance out armor lock, sprint, camo, hologram, drop shield, and Jetpack.
They are all completely different, so the even playing field is broken.

If h4 is more streamlined I think it could work out.

Feel it. It’s circular. It’s like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse. It goes up and down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music. The flow… all good things.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

like condemned then?

Regardless of your feelings on Powerhouse, that is not an apt comparison.

It does seem like that center area is a lot more enclosed than powerhouse's wide open design.
My apologies, I shall reserve judgement :D

I noticed there was a gravity lift shaft in one of the walls, Im interested to know where that leads

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Man cannons! Oh how I have missed you!
It looked like there were mancannons on wraparound too, in one of the clips it seemed like a spartan jumped extraordinarily high. Plus the trajectory was weird.

Yep, they're a shortcut from the lower outer ring to top middle aka the murder pad.

Top Bottom