• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Ramirez

Anyone who truly believes Madden is nothing but a roster update every year is no smarter than the person who equated Bungie to Tiburon. Tiburon has its many shortcomings, but the game has got progressively better every year.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
2rmyY.gif

Anyone who truly believes Madden is nothing but a roster update every year is no smarter than the person who equated Bungie to Tiburon. Tiburon has its many shortcomings, but the game has got progressively better every year.

Well obviously, but you just know a CoD version of that comic would get a shitload of use and become a go-to image for lovers, haters and trolls alike.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Well that's the other extreme. I think Tiburon are great devs and have a lot of pressure on them every single year but they're so different.

Fuchsdh

Any sports video game is never going to be that great as long as it follows a one-a-year dev cycle. It doesn't matter if the developer is doing a good job, you just can't effect that much change.

Best case scenario, we'd see installments with roster updates each year as DLC, while every three years or so comes a more substantial difference. But that's not likely to happen.

ElRenoRaven

I always make a bet with myself on how many posts before Scofield shows up.

I wouldn't know when he does. He's one of like 3 people on all of Gaf on my ignore list. He's nothing but a blatant hater of all things Bungie and Halo. You'd think that they had killed his family.

Yea, Halo 3 had more jaggies and I don't think the animations were quite up to par. I do like the colors and style more though. Its funny, I remember people asking for more gritty after 3, then Reach came out and people wanted bright and shiny again.

Ramirez

Scofield actually participated in the Halo 3 thread in a civil manner and even played with us some, I'm not sure what triggered his eternal troll mode on Bungie.

Fuchsdh

Yea, Halo 3 had more jaggies and I don't think the animations were quite up to par. I do like the colors and style more though. Its funny, I remember people asking for gritty, then Reach came out and people wanted bright and shiny again.

I was always for bright and shiny. Every time a developer, director, etc. says "dark" or "gritty" I want to kick a puppy.

I think the redesign of weapons and enemies in Reach was not up to par, either.

Booshka

HigherLevel said:
That thread is killing me now. Everyone on Gaf talks like it's the most knowledgeable gaming forum there is but then you read threads like that and it makes you wonder if the people posting have ever even played the game they are discussing.
The amount of times that you had to mention "on console" in your OP and then people still mention how Halo/Bungie fans ignore PC innovation is sad. You should go back into your OP and bold all the "on console" parts.

That thread is fecal.

ElRenoRaven

I was always for bright and shiny. Every time a developer, director, etc. says "dark" or "gritty" I want to kick a puppy.

I think the redesign of weapons and enemies in Reach was not up to par, either.

I agree. The only complaints I have when it comes to Halo 3's graphics are the jaggies and the faces. Other then that it's an amazing looking game. I actually like it's graphics over Reach on solely on aesthetics. Reach could compete if it weren't for the grittiness to the graphics. I actually saw shots once with the filter off and with fog off and the game is amazing looking underneath all that stuff.

Can't find the filter one but here is a vid with fog off on the MP maps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiQPh9WbMY

Fucking magnificent Plywood.

I'll add one.

91.jpg

One thing I loved about Halo 3 was the sheer scale of some of the environments. You'd see destroyed parts of the space elevator in the distance and not exactly get a feel for the size, but then you'd have parts of Tsavo Highway where you drive through the wreckage and it turns out the rings are gigantic. ODST did this pretty well too.

I agree. The only complaints I have when it comes to Halo 3's graphics are the jaggies and the faces. Other then that it's an amazing looking game. I actually like it's graphics over Reach on solely on aesthetics. Reach could compete if it weren't for the grittiness to the graphics. I actually saw shots once with the filter off and with fog off and the game is amazing looking underneath all that stuff.

Jeeze, this must have been for performance reasons? Sometimes I just don't get how things like that get passed. I guess there's always some bureaucratic b.s. going on...if its anything like the software company I work for things often get changed (or don't get changed for that matter) for the most awful reasons.

Karl2177

The skies actually look like they are being invaded. smh Bungie...

Just thought of something: what if Glasslands 2: Didactic Boogaloo comes out just like a day or two before Halo 4 and part of it tells the story of Chief's encounters in Halo 4 like the Flood did, but with a more subdued narrative and basically explains some of his actions due to field reports or something rather than his Duke Nukem personality in The Flood?

I would have preferred:

Halo: Glasslands 2: The Glass is Gleener - Karen Traviss

(And for those wondering, the term "Thursday War" is slang for the naval war games and scenarios used to test a ship's operational readiness.)

Perhaps the Infinity is ready for combat drills?

GhaleonEB

Well, nuts. You guys got me rummaging through my hosted Halo 3 pics. You have no one but yourselves to blame.

J4.jpg

WTF2-TheRevenge.jpg

53873990-Full.jpg

Remember picture stories? Clips are great but sometimes the pictures are more entertaining. I still remember this one. I think we were racing to bag the winning cap.

f10.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f13.jpg

f14.jpg

f15.jpg

So one of your smart ass. What do I have to do in this ESPN group? Can someone explain it to me? (via pm) In Germany we do pay the players to win bets, I think that isn't the case here. Or am I too late? I don't want that Karl is angry at me again.

CyReN

So one of your smart ass. What do I have to do in this ESPN group? Can someone explain it to me? (via pm) In Germany we do pay the players to win bets, I think that isn't the case here. Or am I too late? I don't want that Karl is angry at me again.

Pretty sure it's too late.

Top Bottom