• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

kylej

Banned
You should have cleared that slightly derogatory post towards Waypoint with me first. Don't want any of the care bears that make up HaloGAF getting offended by that type of thing.

TheOddOne

The GI article mentions that the Covenant you meet in the first level are rogue. This would explain alot why they looks so weird.
As the last enemy drops, Cortana directs the chief to open up the deck's blast shield. "The Good news is that these Covenant aren't outfitted like standard military. It's possible we just came across a rogue salvage ship."

GhaleonEB

343 posts more on GAF because GAF's forums actually work. To post on Waypoint, the forum software does a 2d20 roll against your Microsoft Passport stat.

Shit, I even got the "Restricted Area" error the first time I clicked that.

Links to Waypoint never work the first time for me. I have to click, get the Restricted Area message, close it, then click the same link again. Then it goes through.

Most of the time.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Links to Waypoint never work the first time for me. I have to click, get the Restricted Area message, close it, then click the same link again. Then it goes through.

Most of the time.

Passport/Live ID - it's an ordering thing, passport wants to sign you in before allowing a hotlink. We will get it solved, but it's not as simple as you'd think.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I do admire the direct attack on Call of Duty this year, but I still have doubts that it's going to put a dent in Activision's numbers. Although if they keep this up with Halo 5/6
ODST 2/Reach 2
, then I can see Halo coming back on top of the FPS genre.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I do what I want.

image.php

image.php

image.php

Geez that's creepy to look at.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Someone needs to quadruple post.
Although I'm pretty sure NeoGAF would implode like a dying star.
(inb4 tashi ceiling joke)

what in god's name is stinkles

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
nope

use the + on the user tiles to multiquote

I was using mobile. Haven't figured it out yet. Also, Chris Kohler is a GOD. Gaf on mobile feels like polished software, not a browser. It's SIGNIFICANTLY better than the web based one in almost every way, except search.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Except it's like fighting fire with fire.

You know even if Halo copies CoD's formula exactly, it'll still be miles ahead of it.
IMO Call of Duty's multiplayer, with the exception of 4 and Blops is nearing the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality. At least with Halo 4, I'm not going to have to worry about spawning into an explosion from a killstreak once or twice a match.

FyreWulff

Wait, how many HaloGAFfers actually buy Call of Duty?

I bought Gears 3 AND Skyward Sword AND Anniversary last year. New.

I think I've played Gears 3 for like, 40 minutes. Total. All in campaign. It's not that the game is bad, I just didn't have the time. Same with Skyward Sword, got to the second dungeon, just ran out of time to get around to it. I've yet to finish Anniversary. First time that's ever happened to me. Not doing that again.

I bought Saints Row 3 for my brother for Christmas and I STILL haven't gotten around to playing it. It's sitting on my desk right now.

I guess I got a little excited that I had UBERMONEY from my new contract. Little did I know that my previous poorness helped me actually finish games.

feel

I was using mobile. Haven't figured it out yet. Also, Chris Kohler is a GOD. Gaf on mobile feels like polished software, not a browser. It's SIGNIFICANTLY better than the web based one in almost every way, except search.
We're spoiled, it's so good. I now only use "gaf prime" when I need to post a gif I just made on the laptop or something like that.

wwm0nkey

The marketing war will be fucking amazing. Having two big titles duke it out wit marketing budget will be great to see.

Halo 4 better have a better budget than Reach or CEA had.

FyreWulff

The marketing war will be fucking amazing. Having two big titles duke it out wit marketing budget will be great to see.

Halo 4 better have a better budget than Reach or CEA had.

If the world was perfect we'd have the green Game Fuel for CoD and the orange Game Fuel for Halo at the same time.

The world would end in a diabetic coma.

CyReN

Going to be interesting, talking to my friends that play casual they stopped playing MW3 after a few weeks and went back to Halo Reach (Arena) of all things, which they haven't done in awhile. Could be Halo time to shine and take back their place for the 360, just hope people appreciate a true sequel instead of a rehash of the same. I'll admit I've picked up a CoD game every year since MW2, no point this year. I have MW3 right now and it just isn't doing it for me anymore.

I guess I got a little excited that I had UBERMONEY from my new contract. Little did I know that my previous poorness helped me actually finish games.
Did something similar when about 2 years ago, and still haven't cleared that backlog.
I still haven't installed most of the stuff I bought in the Steam Sale at the time...

I learned my lesson well though, and am better prepared for when I finish college and return to work soon*.

*pending announcement of good news as soon as I get the contract in the post

Going to be interesting, talking to my friends that play casual they stopped playing MW3 after a few weeks and went back to Halo Reach (Arena) of all things, which they haven't done in awhile. Could be Halo time to shine and take back their place for the 360, just hope people appreciate a true sequel instead of a rehash of the same. I'll admit I've picked up a CoD game every year since MW2, no point this year. I have MW3 right now and it just isn't doing it for me anymore.
True, but you don't know anything about BLOPS 2? Surely they could announce some features/functionality that would have you excited?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I bought Gears 3 AND Skyward Sword AND Anniversary last year. New.

I think I've played Gears 3 for like, 40 minutes. Total. All in campaign. It's not that the game is bad, I just didn't have the time. Same with Skyward Sword, got to the second dungeon, just ran out of time to get around to it. I've yet to finish Anniversary. First time that's ever happened to me. Not doing that again.

I bought Saints Row 3 for my brother for Christmas and I STILL haven't gotten around to playing it. It's sitting on my desk right now.

Oh man, get on that shit right now. Play it with a friend, it's so good. The amount of insanity that happens in that game is mindboggling. It's like playing GTAIV with cheats, but it's for a whole game. My favorite thing I did in SR3 (tagged for spoilers, nothing too major though):

I fought zombies with Burt Reynolds using a giant purple dildo. Where else are you going to get that

Overall, it was a nice change of pace from the overly seriousness of most modern games.
I'm dead serious, I wouldn't think CoD's marketing is that intense. Who doesn't know about Call of Duty? Lol there's no need for marketing, every little dudebro in town's on that game day one.

CyReN

True, but you don't know anything about BLOPS 2? Surely they could announce some features/functionality that would have you excited?

With respects to CoD what major differences have happened in the last 5 years besides Theater and Zombies? CoD seems to be the go to "hey my friend has it, I don't want to be loner game." I really like the Treyarch guys too (did a lot for competitive players), I think Activision grasp is too much that they can't do much and will go stale quickly.

OT: Krow and I bought the first season of Game of Thrones on DVD today. €35 for 5 discs. each with bonus features, as well as a cool family tree for each house ad a map of the land. Some really awesome pictures in it too.

Fuchsdh

The marketing for Halo 4 better be spectacular. Microsoft (and Activision) have placed their titles right in the middle of the most expensive advertising period outside of the Super Bowl. Only the big guns are going to be able to advertise right before election day, especially in battleground states.

12835292154291.jpg

I'm down for Halo 3 Advertising Part II: Start Another Fight.

With respects to CoD what major differences have happened in the last 5 years besides Theater and Zombies? CoD seems to be the go to "hey my friend has it, I don't want to be loner game." I really like the Treyarch guys too (did a lot of competitive players), I think Activision grasp is too much that they can't do much and will go stale quickly.
Oh, I don't know. I just wouldn't be too quick to write them off, as people have being saying that every year since WaW.

I have a softspot for Treyarch, but that's mainly due to the Demonware connection.
OT: Krow and I bought the first season of Game of Thrones on DVD today. €35 for 5 discs. each with bonus features, as well as a cool family tree for each house ad a map of the land. Some really awesome pictures in it too.
Respect.

Fracas

#fuckonami
They had a Game Fuel with double EXP codes in them, at least.

Haha, the months those codes were active were nice. Sold a handful of codes, and I borrowed a copy of MW3 to play through campaign. Played 2 hours of multiplayer with double XP, unlocked the Type 95. People said it was broken and overpowered. They were right. I suck at twitchy shooters (why I'm decent at Halo, more methodical and slower), but I did quite well with that gun.

More off-topic goodness, those of you that play BF3, have you seen the new "broken gun" the patch brought? EA's been messing up a lot lately in terms of patches.

Top Bottom