• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Reposting from another thread,

Hey guys, May is Cystic Fibrosis awareness month, so if you could maybe take 3 minutes out of your day to watch this video, and see what my kid and many others go through every day it would mean a lot to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHHOJJYA0U

Man, seeing that boy on the machine is heartbreaking. Strong kids. I really hope they make the medical breakthroughs to make it easier on them and other sufferers.

Homeboyd

I'm amazed daily by my son's desire to do all of his meds and treatments with little to no fuss. He's only 2 and he's been holding his nebulizer treatment himself for close to 6-7 months now.

Kids a baller, man. We take a lot for granted and it takes seeing courage like your son has to make us realize how easy most of us have it.

(m)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm amazed daily by my son's desire to do all of his meds and treatments with little to no fuss. He's only 2 and he's been holding his nebulizer treatment himself for close to 6-7 months now.

Damn. Well I wish you and your family the best of luck bro.

Arnie

Just had perhaps the funniest and strangest experience in MLG matchmaking. From spawn a guy began shooting me constantly, I invited him to my party to ask why and he said it was because I was a Liverpool fan. Baffled I continued to verbally joust with the guy and he revealed a raft of both disturbing and increasingly hilarious things that he genuinely believes, I'll list them:

- Muslims and Polish people are all ill mannered, and they 'steal our jobs.'
- Call of Duty is a game designed by the US government to introduce children into the army from a younger age so sign up rates increase, which equals more money.
- If you look through Call of Duty's maps you'll see small triangles with eyes inside, obviously the illuminati.
- People become celebrities by selling their soul to the devil. To do this you must kill someone and write your name in their blood. He insisted he'd never kill anyone, which reassured me.
- He insisted that the illuminati believes some government was responsible for 911.
-When I asked him how he knew this, offering suggestions such as the 'illuminati Youtube channel', he responded with...
-The Illuminati Card Game, created in 1985 that predicted the twin towers disaster and also predicts a similar catastrophe for the upcoming olympic games.
- And finally, the piéce de résistance, the Illuminati card game is created by none other than
Peter Jackson, creator of King Kong and The Lord of the Rings.

At times I was in stunned disbelief, others me and my friends were crying (literally) with laughter. Especially that last part. I had to go and get a glass of water. Jesus.

There isn't a Halo/GoT twitter like I was hoping there would be, so I'll post this instead
tumblr_m1zilzIBgC1qk2t5co1_r1_1280.jpg

feel

Hey guys, May is Cystic Fibrosis awareness month, so if you could maybe take 3 minutes out of your day to watch this video, and see what my kid and many others go through every day it would mean a lot to me.

Got tears in my eyes. The way these kids, your kid and others deal with this is immensely inspirational. A heartfelt hug to you and yours from this internet friend. <3

Going from Reach Super Slayer (whatever it's called) then back to H3 Team Slayer is like a night and day difference.

Get here fast, Halo 4.

I've messed around a bit in Halo 3 lately. I forgot how much better the maps in that game were. I mean, Reach maps aren't terrible, they just aren't as good as 3's in my opinion.

I was also amazed at my apparent ability to seamlessly switch between Default in Reach, to Bumper Jumper in Halo 3.

Gonna go play some Firefight... gotta get that Field Marshall.

Going from Reach Super Slayer (whatever it's called) then back to H3 Team Slayer is like a night and day difference.

Get here fast, Halo 4.

Was going to hop on here to "share some impressions" of Super Slayer and to ask if the Halo 4 release could be nudged up a bit, if only for GAFGold members, but you beat me to it.

I have not been enjoying my time with Reach for the last several days. If Squad Slayer still existed I would be able to bounce between Anniversary and that to get my fix, but I'm getting very burned out on Anniversary and Super Slayer is too Armor Locky and Gray. Normally I'd chalk it up to being burnt out on the game, but even now I feel like playing some Halo...I just feel like I don't have a Halo to play.

I think I may try play Reach...
Well that was "alright". Didn't find it as frustrating as I remember finding it, probably just to me being more patient, and doing pretty well for someone who doesn't play the game any more.

Also, oh Elite Slayer, you silly thing. I still have a soft spot for you in my heart.

Those kids are amazing..
Kids (like yours) and parents (like you) have the strength I hope I can build some day.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

That was kinda tough to watch but also moving. I am sorry your son has to go through that but going by your other post he sounds very strong. I'm sure he'll grow up to be like the kids in the video and I'm sure the CF foundation will discover better treatments.

Woah woah woah... What's with no NEP in Score Attack? :(

Wow... well you and your son are absolute troopers. Before that video, I was completely ignorant to what Cystic Fibrosis even was.

Yea I should have looked at headphones a bit more. I like the Astros but the whole "Wireless" is deceiving because its NOT wireless. No matter what you still have to carry around the wireless mixamp piece and a wire goes from that to the headphones.

If you want to talk you have to add an additional wire.

I know the talking part is on Microsoft.

But cmon its 2012...

I just want a Wireless controller AND Wireless headphones without ANY Cords.

Ramirez

Watching that makes me reflect on my life. Those kids are tough.

Those kids are really tough. It's crazy how many diseases there are that I've never heard of.

Watched. Man, that sucks.

Man, seeing that boy on the machine is heartbreaking. Strong kids. I really hope they make the medical breakthroughs to make it easier on them and other sufferers.

Kids a baller, man. We take a lot for granted and it takes seeing courage like your son has to make us realize how easy most of us have it.

(m)

Damn. Well I wish you and your family the best of luck bro.

Got tears in my eyes. The way these kids, your kid and others deal with this is immensely inspirational. A heartfelt hug to you and yours from this internet friend. <3

Great vid. Sounds like your kid has that same courage. Props to him. (And to you.)

Also, oh Elite Slayer, you silly thing. I still have a soft spot for you in my heart.

Those kids are amazing..
Kids (like yours) and parents (like you) have the strength I hope I can build some day.

That was kinda tough to watch but also moving. I am sorry your son has to go through that but going by your other post he sounds very strong. I'm sure he'll grow up to be like the kids in the video and I'm sure the CF foundation will discover better treatments.

Wow... well you and your son are absolute troopers. Before that video, I was completely ignorant to what Cystic Fibrosis even was.

Thanks guys, I know I'm rarely ever serious in here, but the fact that you guys took the time out to watch it and maybe educate yourself a little about the disease means more to me than you could ever imagine.

Thanks guys, I know I'm rarely ever serious in here, but the fact that you guys took the time out to watch it and maybe educate yourself a little about the disease means more to me than you could ever imagine.

Wish I was half as brave as those kids. Good luck to you and your little man.

Gui_PT

Well I was interested when they said it was future, but this trailer is "meh".

2025... meh... I suppose it's not surprising that I'll be playing Halo 4 in November.

If someone says something nice about the graphics, especially what some people said in the Halo 4 thread, I will punch myself in the chin

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Trailer did nothing for me, and I really enjoyed the mw2 and bo ones.

horses. shitty mechs.

i actually wonder if blops 2 will turn off the casual market that loves CoD for its "realism"

If someone says something nice about the graphics, especially what some people said in the Halo 4 thread, I will punch myself in the chin

I'm just hoping 343i don't come out with a trailer that says, "Actually, the future is grey"...

It'll be nice to see people praising Halo for it's graphics for once.

Top Bottom