• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Kuroyume

Banned
fascinating.

tumblr_m33gxyjJZA1rugsdvo5_500.png

Fuchsdh

Even with the increased movement speed in Anniversary lists, I still kind of miss sprint, if not anything else.

I'd especially like powerups to be back, but maybe they wouldn't work in the loadout system in Halo 4 either.</shrug>

Gui_PT

Mass Effect 3 ending discussion.

Their responsibility? ;) None of what you have said however contradicts the evidence presented throughout the game and especially during the end sequence that it WAS a dream. All things considered, it is the possibility that makes the most sense given the universe breaking behavior exhibited in this section. Yes, it does mean that we didn't get the "real" ending, at least not yet. I'd rather accept that than that they messed it up forever.

Problem is, there is no evidence presented. That's just some desperate fans trying to hold on to anything they can.

As I said that "evidence" (which is not presented) can be explained by bad writing and planning. Both can be found all throughout the game.

Edit: Over is trying to bring Squad Slayer back. Gotta love his commitment!

Again going to give 343 the benefit of the doubt in the case of releasing any substantial information. From my perspective it feels that they are deliberately keeping everything vague till E3, from then on the marketing will hopefully ramp up.

Most of the videos and information that has been released, except the Conan announcement, has been clearly focused on the gamer who visits message boards etc. E3 is seen all over the world and reaching a very broad audience, which means they will pack more in then the tidbits of footage we have seen. Seems pretty logical, also they slap at the end the mini-series that is coming and from then on keep giving out more juicy details.

I really hope my theory is right, I really hope so.

Yup, I agree, but I still think a few things could have been handled a bit better, particularly getting nothing in the latter half of 2011 (or at least more transparency that it would have been the case), but we are so close to e3 that it is all irrelevant at this point. I like that they are keeping their cards close to their chest, but I also do like getting a little more substance than this.

fascinating.

You enjoy this too much. :lol

Problem is, there is no evidence presented. That's just some desperate fans trying to hold on to anything they can.

As I said that "evidence" (which is not presented) can be explained by bad writing and planning. Both can be found all throughout the game.

More ME3 spoilers.

I can admit that it could just be bad writing and planning - even if it was, however, everything lines up nice and neatly for the IT, so if it was the case, Bioware should endorse it.

Havok

343 puts Flag in the first voting slot in TO, it's only 3-flag and flag slayer.
I'm late to this post, but I ran into this last night. It's ridiculous. Put the fringe stuff in the third slot with all the other fringe gametypes. 3 Flag I'm okay with, 200-point-Slayer-lol-Flags I am not.

senador

Banned
More ME3 spoilers.

I can admit that it could just be bad writing and planning - even if it was, however, everything lines up nice and neatly for the IT, so if it was the case, Bioware should endorse it.

It is bad writing. Read more. Get the Final Hours app. IT wasn't planned. Stuff does line up neatly so I'd be OK with the DLC going with it and expanding on it, but I don't expect it or think we'll get it.

Anyway, this should be moved to ME3 thread for sure.

Gui_PT

More ME3 spoilers.

If they do that, I swear to god I'll break my mass effect disc.

Edit: Yeah not the subject for this thread :lol

This is kind of odd, but it seems the Bungie Aerospace trademark might have been abandoned.

"On Monday, April 30, 2012, status on the BUNGIE AEROSPACE trademark changed to ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED.

CAUTION: Although federal registration for this particular filing is inactive, the mark may still enjoy common law rights, or may have been applied for again in a separate application. Further research may be warranted to determine where this mark is truly abandoned in commerce."

So there's a chance it's just an oversight or the result of a gap in the application process. Just seems weird, considering all of the other Bungie-held trademarks are in good standing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What's so different about it? Just the weight?

Almost everything is different. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLdXqS_Jhk

That video has a good summary.

The MLG one?

Ya

Is that controller still $100? And what config are you using?

Yea it's still 100$ I'm using it as it was out of the box. It's set up just like the 360 controller. Right now I'm using the glossy faceplate but I might switch to matte to see how it is.

Shame you didn't have it last night... maybe I don't break the Tashi Ceiling on your FACE...

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrn

How does it feel without weights? I like my controller very light... I'm used to playing with wired controllers that have no rumble packs.

lolz. I'm still mad at you for getting that overkill hahaha

It is still heavy without the weights. Much heavier than a normal wired controller. If you take the rumble packs out of your controllers it's going to feel extremely heavy to you.

I'm still getting used to the rubberized grip of the back of the controller. As far as how ergonomics are concerned and how it feels when you're playing it, I would say it's just a little less great than the first party 360 controller. For example, if the first party 360 controller is a 10, this is a 9-9.5. The sticks feel great, the buttons are more flat. The sticks are insanely smooth. The bumpers are very clicky and the triggers are shorter.

I've only played 1 game with it so far but I really liked it. I didn't even adjust my sensitivity which I thought was weird because everyone was telling me that they lowered their sensitivity when they got their controller. I'm definitely going to get some extensive play time today and I will do a comparison video, in game, between this controller and my old one.

Quick impressions though are extremely positive. I love that it comes with a travel case as well. Very nice touch. Packaging is top notch and damn the product itself feels like it's worth the money. You know how you buy cell phones sometimes and they don't feel very sturdy? They almost feel cheep? Total opposite with this controller. Feels like a tank!.

senador

Banned
This is kind of odd, but it seems the Bungie Aerospace trademark might have been abandoned.

So there's a chance it's just an oversight or the result of a gap in the application process. Just seems weird, considering all of the other Bungie-held trademarks are in good standing.

We haven't heard anything of Aerospace since Crimson Stream Pirates launched right? Perhaps it didn't end up being something they wanted to continue and so they dropped it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
not really related, but speaking of aerospace, have there been any rumors that we'll be seeing bungie's latest IP at e3 this year?

Ryaaan14

Banned
not really related, but speaking of aerospace, have there been any rumors that we'll be seeing bungie's latest IP at e3 this year?

No rumors other than it being a fairly obvious time to make the announcement. Unless they need another year in hybernation.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well yes, but aim acceleration smooths out the input, so even if someone is really bad at aiming, it helps them.

Basically if you aren't terrible, you probably don't need it.

Brain... hurting...

It's just something I don't understand, that's all. I was under the impression that analog sticks inherently work on acceleration.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, holy crap I got the achievement and they literally got right next to the flag....close enough to hold RB and take it.

Top Bottom