• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Need 1 for arena. Juices, I summon you.

lol stick with arena you scrubs

Also, pretty much full used to the MLG controller already. Besides the weird feeling of the rubber in the back. I feel like sometimes it's going to slip out but it's really not even moving. Absolutely loving it though. Smooth as fuck.

Kuroyume

Banned
How did you get it? I am curious if there will be a xbla beta. How are you finding the game?

There was a sign up a few months ago. Not sure if it still works or not: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464157

Should note that I took the survey back then and only got the invite recently so it may take a while.

Haven't heard anything about an xbla beta.

Well, my experience with CS is pretty limited. I've only played the XBOX port and that was back in the day. So, it's difficult for me to go into detail regarding how it compares with the old stuff since I haven't played the original PC game or Source. It feels like CS to me. The only thing missing that I've noticed is the weapon purchase screen but that's probably in one of the other modes. Haven't played the beta much but I've enjoyed what little of it that I have. Nice to play a no respawn mp game. Also nice to play de_dust and cs_office again. Makes me nostalgic. I could see it have a nice following on XBLA if they include dedis or don't screw up the netcode.

There was a sign up a few months ago. Not sure if it still works or not: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464157

Should note that I took the survey back then and only got the invite recently so it may take a while.

Haven't heard anything about an xbla beta.

Well, my experience with CS is pretty limited. I've only played the XBOX port and that was back in the day. So, it's difficult for me to go into detail regarding how it compares with the old stuff since I haven't played the original PC game or Source. It feels like CS to me. The only thing missing that I've noticed is the weapon purchase screen but that's probably in one of the other modes. Haven't played the beta much but I've enjoyed what little of it that I have. Nice to play a no respawn mp game. Also nice to play de_dust and cs_office again. Makes me nostalgic. I could see it have a nice following on XBLA if they include dedis or don't screw up the netcode.

Yeah I'm pretty excited for the XBLA version. True competitive FPSs barely exist today so some CS on XBL will be sweet.

kittens singing 1 pound fish is the most wonderous and terrifying thing in matchmaking.

Also no one mention anything about Krows emblem, he'll snap your head off just for asking. :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
kittens singing 1 pound fish is the most wonderous and terrifying thing in matchmaking.

Also no one mention anything about Krows emblem, he'll snap your head off just for asking. :p

What?! I'm missing that? Lame...
If I can get done with my research paper soon, I may join you guys if you want.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What?! I'm missing that? Lame...
If I can get done with my research paper soon, I may join you guys if you want.
I'll be online off and on for the rest of the day, probably. Wait till you hear my singin' voice.

feel

Sunday afternoon achievement whoring, who's up for it? I only need one achievement but I can hang out for a few hours to help others.

edit- whoring is not the word I was going for but the correct one is escaping me right now

something like boosting

Tawpgun

Just got my 4000 ms points. Trials here I come!

Quick, someone think of how you could apply Tashi Ceiling to trials.

Sunday afternoon achievement whoring, who's up for it? I only need one achievement but I can hang out for a few hours to help others.

edit- whoring is not the word I was going for but the correct one is escaping me right now

something like boosting

What achievement?

I'm missing a ton as well.

feel

What achievement?

I'm missing a ton as well.
Infecting 3 players in a single round of zombies in an Anniversary map

I got like 10 achievements the last time there was a big boosting gaf party, sadly it got late and I had to leave before getting my final one

Tashi

Wow Trials is 1.23gb?! Damn that's big.

I can't believe MS had a 50mb limit on XBLA at one point lol

Gui_PT

something like boosting

I can hop on if you need some help

ZalinKrow

Haha damn you. I was mislead!

Also good games guys. Although that last BTB game was pretty rough heh :p

FyreWulff

I'm still trying to figure out how wwmonkey only made it to the bottom of the second hill in the no gas challenge. Did someone accidentally bail out?

Tawpgun

Infecting 3 players in a single round of zombies in an Anniversary map

I got like 10 achievements the last time there was a big boosting gaf party, sadly it got late and I had to leave before getting my final one

I'm down. GT: Tawpgun

Don't we need more people?

Haha damn you. I was mislead!

Also good games guys. Although that last BTB game was pretty rough heh :p

Me: Are you changing you emblem Krow? Hmmm, what is your emblem supposed to be shant—

Krow: OMF GOD, FUCK YOU ELZAR, FUCK YOU, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, FUCK YOU!

Me: I was talking to shanti at the end.

Krow: oh I'm sorry...FUCK YOU!

<3

Tashi

Are the controllers worth it? The right stick on my trusty black wireless is starting to drift, and I suppose I'm in the market for a new one. How durable are they?

Honestly it's going to be tough for me to give that kind of recommendation considering I got the controller for free. If this thing started to break down on me I would be disappointed but it wouldn't be the same as if I paid for it. Also, I just got it today so I really can't speak to its long term durability. So far so good though. It's really meeting my expectations on certain fronts and passing them on others.

edit: Also, just beat Tunavi in my first race. lol that kid sucks.

I want a hi-res version of The Thursday War's cover art. So nice. Can't friggin' wait. Hoping to hear more about the 3rd book in the Forerunner Trilogy at SDCC too...

Tawpgun

I want a hi-res version of The Thursday War's cover art. So nice. Can't friggin' wait. Hoping to hear more about the 3rd book in the Forerunner Trilogy at SDCC too...

Hope to hear its not as a grind of a read as the last one. Cryptum was slow to start but once it got rolling
after he gets off earth
it was so good. Could not put it down. Primordium was just boring, uneventful, and a harder read than the last one.

Tashi, go stream Trials. I wanna see you rage. :)

God yes

Me: Are you changing you emblem Krow? Hmmm, what is your emblem supposed to be shant&#8212;

<3

Are you talking about Krow's secret crush named Shantal? Cause else I don't know what you're talking about.

ZalinKrow

Me: Are you changing you emblem Krow? Hmmm, what is your emblem supposed to be shant—

<3

Yes, that's totally how the conversation went :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
I was playing BF3 earlier with my new headset. Really makes a difference in nearly every aspect of the game. Getting snuck up on becomes impossible, and it makes flanking much easier. It's like having radar, it's very nice. Even just a pair of headphones hooked up through the little R/W dongle is a huge step up from speakers.

Tawpgun

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/career/gamehistory?#!/?game=1008297442

248459-backpack_large.jpg

Havok

Got my wireless receiver in, so folks that want to play Halo 2 Vista shoot me a friend request (Havok CXVII), I'll be trying to find a decent lobby tonight. Everybody who still plays that game always makes their games Sword secondaries for some moronic reason, so maybe we can get a good game going.

I finally figured out a solution to the stuttering I was getting on certain maps (on a PC that could nearly max out The Witcher 2), so if anybody is getting problems on District, Turf, Backwash, or Burial Mounds, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

zap

Got my wireless receiver in, so folks that want to play Halo 2 Vista shoot me a friend request (Havok CXVII), I'll be trying to find a decent lobby tonight. Everybody who still plays that game always makes their games Sword secondaries for some moronic reason, so maybe we can get a good game going.

I finally figured out a solution to the stuttering I was getting on certain maps (on a PC that could nearly max out The Witcher 2), so if anybody is getting problems on District, Turf, Backwash, or Burial Mounds, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

I might be on, but I have to use a silver account as my Gold (family) doesn't work :| GT is EnchantedBoat05

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Who was the HaloGAFer who posted in the fitness thread a while back saying they did crossfit? I thought it was Tawpgun, but I was mistaken.

Top Bottom