• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

I swear I've played through these campaign dozens of times over the years, but every time something new happens that geniunely shocks or surprises me.

God bless you, Halo 3 encounter design

Well there's one for defiant zombies and one for anniversary. Kind of dumb if they have to be on those maps, they never come up and I'm not even sure what playlist for anniversary would have zombies.

i dont even remember getting the achievement, you may be able to get it on any map, but im not sure. haha sorry

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You could try the anniversary FFA playlist. Zombies shows up there pretty regularly.

Just got it there. I was the last man standing but no achievement. That one must be defiant. What playlist is good for infection on defiant?

The anniversary one must be 3 infections in one round, which is hard with 8 players and 3 starting as zombies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just got it there. I was the last man standing but no achievement. That one must be defiant. What playlist is good for infection on defiant?

The anniversary one must be 3 infections in one round, which is hard with 8 players and 3 starting as zombies.

Get a group going, and boost for it lol. Or at least that's what I'd do.

The best way for both the defiant and the anniversary achievement is getting a party to boost them. Trying to get the defiant maps in the regular zombie playlist is near to impossible and as you said, getting 3 infections in one round isn't easy either.

I think there are more people here who still need those achievement so maybe you can arrange something with them.

I had to do that one twice. The first time was before the achievements were live, so it got erased. But it's definitely doable in Anniversary FFA.

The Last Man Standing on Defiant is ridiculous, firstly because it's basically just LMS on Condemned (the other maps in the DMP are Unearthed, which is Firefight only, and Highlands, which has no Infection pairing in matchmaking). Secondly, to get Condemned to even show up in Living Dead, all 11 players with whom you are matched must have the DMP. And thirdly, even if all 12 players have the DMP, Condemned doesn't have a high weighting, so it might not show up, even after a veto.

Or it's finally saying you're consistently good. As for that player, his snipe headshot rate is insane(70.95%), and higher than anyone in HaloGAF*(highest is Krispy; 70.80%). What really gets me is his Sniper Spree retention rate. He has an 18% chance of keeping a Sharpshooter from a Sniper Spree; a 22% chance of keeping a Be the Bullet from a Sharpshooter; and a 4% chance of a Be the Bullet from getting a Sniper Spree. This is 10 times higher than anyone in HaloGAF*.

*with my non-complete stats up to Nutter

I'll be honest, I definitely feel like I've been getting better teammates and harder opponents. Maybe they tightened trueskill up in Snipes? My right thumb is twitching sporadically and it feels taut like early arthritis. Somethings telling me to give up Halo...

Also, appreciate these figures you're compiling, gonna make for fascinating reading for our statistical titilation.

Avalanche had AR starts with pistol secondary for a while in one playlist, I can't remember which. Those were interesting games.

I also remember a gametype in the Legendary mappack playlist where your team would have red arrows on their heads if they took the lead. Avalanche still ended up in the keyhole.

There are some easy fixes for map flow. Sword Base is actually my favorite map, next to Powerhouse. Call me crazy.

Screenshot.ashx

Screenshot.ashx

Screenshot.ashx

More here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Screenshots.aspx?player=Water Jaguar

That looks a real improvement, I find it staggering that Bungie/343 had/have the Forge tool at their disposal and a community willing to do the amendments and testing yet we see no obvious improvements to base maps and the like. Waste of the Forge.

Boardwalk is a solid map and tied for my favourite Snipes map with Uncaged (Yea I said it!).

Or it's finally saying you're consistently good. As for that player, his snipe headshot rate is insane(70.95%), and higher than anyone in HaloGAF*(highest is Krispy; 70.80%). What really gets me is his Sniper Spree retention rate. He has an 18% chance of keeping a Sharpshooter from a Sniper Spree; a 22% chance of keeping a Be the Bullet from a Sharpshooter; and a 4% chance of a Be the Bullet from getting a Sniper Spree. This is 10 times higher than anyone in HaloGAF*.

*with my non-complete stats up to Nutter

Which Halo game are you tracking, H3, Reach or both?

Can't until tomorrow. Strip clubbin tonight.

Say hi to Elzars mom for me!

EDIT: As for Zombies achievement I would personally just boost it, its a silly achievment, and hopefully isnt indicative of what 343 think will make for good Halo 4 cheevo's.

Please don't lump me in with the rest of you HaloGAFGoldkids. Thank you.

IMG_0091.png
Ewwwww. Sprint.

I'm not embarassed to admit that a few perfectly executed parts in games have gotten an emotional reaction out of me (just watery eyes).
MGS3 ending, HL2ep2 ending, Mass effect 2 prologue, an urban sequence near the end of Flower, etc etc. Feels good to get confirmation that I'm not completely dead inside, yet.

It makes sense that if movies, books, music, and TV shows can cause people to have an emotional reaction then games can as well. I cry every time people vote for High Noon for instance.

Karl2177

Which Halo game are you tracking, H3, Reach or both?

Just Reach Competitive. Using my stats as an example, I'm collecting everything from these 3 pages.
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/default.aspx?&vc=3
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/weapons.aspx?player=Karl2177&vc=3
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/medals.aspx?player=Karl2177&vc=3

I would love to get more like Campaign, Firefight, Arena, Invasion, and Halo 3; but the API has been broken for me, and my screen scraping skills are lacking. Then to add to things, the weapons page is different for everyone(which is why it takes so long to collect data).

Big E33

Neo Member
I think the original cage map is the bottom of the food chain for halo maps

I would rather play backwash than most every reach map

Don't get it for the 360, unless you want to play the most frustrating stealth missions imaginable. It's pretty decent on the PC though, and can be awfully pretty.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Okay. Someone confirm this to me: Did the OP shed tears over an environment?

That's what the fuck I said! lol and someone jumped all over me for trying to be an internet tough or badass. lolwut. Apparently there's no in between. You either cry over stupid fuckin shit or you're the toughest guy around! lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's what the fuck I said! lol and someone jumped all over me for trying to be an internet tough or badass. lolwut. Apparently there's no in between. You either cry over stupid fuckin shit or you're the toughest guy around! lol
I was wondering when the INTERNET TOUGHGUYS were going to start shitting up this thread. Every fucking time someone starts a thread, these assholes have to pop in and remind everyone how much of a badass they are and how pathetic everyone else is.

Anyways, I read about what happens to Aerith in FF7 from the strategy guide I purchased, but when it happened when I finally played the game it still hit me hard. I didn't exactly cry, but it really struck my heartstrings. The music in FF7 was so great, and really added so much more to the moment.
Oh he mad.
Crying over the vidya? If any of you admit to crying over Halo, even if Chief dies, I will fucking laugh I'm sorry.
I cried when I played Reach, I was all "WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU!? WHAT DID THEY DO!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo"

Crying over the vidya? If any of you admit to crying over Halo, even if Chief dies, I will fucking laugh I'm sorry.
I cried. I cried because of grenades. I got a phobia. Am I not allowed to cry? ARE YOU FORBIDDEN ME TO CRY IF I SEE THOUSAND OF GRENADES APPROACHING TO MY SPARTAN?!

Karl2177

Hey now, the economy is still in a tough place. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Also, games today were okay, the hatemail I got was weak.

I guess the conversations were as usual bizarre, talking about the 'lady parts' of birds. Interesting.

Shoot. I missed this and I still have to win 6 more games before tonight.

In other news, fuck you Comp Sci homework.

Crying over bad game design?

Yeah you get to opt out of my laughter. Ain't nothing more depressing than a game series going to shit.
I'm just trying to be funny. :( Now I am crying because I noticed that I am not funny and realized that everyone laughed about my jokes because of sympathy.

Tashi

I didn't even cry when I got knocked out of Orlando! And I spent hundreds of dollars on that trip! lolol

Also, Karl:

System.out.println("Suck it up");

Shoot. I missed this and I still have to win 6 more games before tonight.

In other news, fuck you Comp Sci homework.

The conversation was paused because of it's absurdity, however we will be willing to renew it. Do some research on duck vaginas and we will be set next time you're on.

Tashi

Fuck I've been temporarily banned from matchmaking. I've been quitting too much lol. I have such a low tolerance sometimes....and this is one of those times lol

The sad thing about the thread where the guy cried isn't the fact that he cried, its the fact that he cried over graphics, that's why video games are screwed, he didn't cry over an emotional plot point, he didn't cry over gameplay. He cried because the game merely looked good.

I have a friend who would refuse to play Halo and stuck to CoD because of graphics, playing CoD now the graphics look awful. In a few years time graphics will be outdated. I guess I agree with that image someone posted gameplay is something that will make me play a game in 10 years time. Graphics wont.

Karl2177

I didn't even cry when I got knocked out of Orlando! And I spent hundreds of dollars on that trip! lolol

Also, Karl:

System.out.println("Suck it up");
System.out.println("fuck you");

The conversation was paused because of it's absurdity, however we will be willing to renew it. Do some research on duck vaginas and we will be set next time you're on.

Aren't they spirals to prevent duck rape?

Top Bottom