• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just cried for the first time with a game.

WrikaWrek

Banned
And I'm not even ashamed. I was playing Skyrim, and I saw some pictures in the PC screenshot thread, and this game seemed to look great with the ENB mod. I thought to myself it looked great, so I went searching and found out this sweet looking mod, ENB hollywood. Installed it, like my games to look like movies so, I even added the letterbox.

I was not ready for it. Started walking around thinking to myself that it looked great, but few ft ahead I reached this beautiful place with two big mammoths and they are shaking the ground, and the orchestral music is kicking my heart's ass and the it looks so beautiful and the sun light...

Couldn't help it. I was in awe, grown man tears coming down my face.

What about you? Have you ever had a moment like that?

soultron

Banned
350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

Only time I came close.

JWong

Banned
I cried on Skyrim too.

When I ran into a game breaking bug that made me lose 3 hours of gaming.

Marco1

Fez made me nearly cry when I was thinking about it after playing it for a few hours on Friday. I honestly don't know why but it did.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I shed tears on Mother 3.

Mass Effect 3,
Mordins Death
and Shepards chat with Garrus
about how if Shepard dies and Garrus doesn't, Shepard will watch over him.

Danny 117

Ending of MGS3 + The part in MGS4 where snake (ending spoilers)
"shoots himself" and the screen fades to black.

Esura

Banned
I cried on Tales of Graces f in the future arc when Sophie
was telling everyone she wanted to be human.
Even the in game characters cried.

BHK3

Banned
MGS4

When I thought Raiden died, got real sad.

Ending.

I look back on it with regret though, I cried again when I realized the gameplay is boring enough to not warrant a 2nd playthrough and the story was in shambles

Anteater

Nier:

I cried reading the
Kaine's back story in scenario B

Edit: I also cried when
Fyra dies
, fuck
I liked her and the king
a lot.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I can understand crying about a game's story, or a beloved character dying, but weeping because a game looks really good? Can't say that I have experienced that at all.

I don't cry, but I get lumps in my throat way too often. MGS3 ending is the biggest one.
And a part of me dies every time someone mentions Aerith death as emotional in any way whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure 96% of the people who say stuff like this quote here just read a summary of the scene (There's this girl and then she dies) and didn't actually play the game without knowing that it's coming.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I cried 11/17/97

I thought this was going to be the guy that recently saw the end of Deadly Premonition.
; P

Actually, I thought it was going to be Silent Hill 2.

Top Bottom