• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Eh, whatever about the specifics, I see no problem in having an emotional reaction due to some piece of art, visual, musical, literature or otherwise.

Trey

I'm not embarassed to admit that a few perfectly executed parts in games have gotten an emotional reaction out of me (just watery eyes).
MGS3 ending, HL2ep2 ending, Mass effect 2 prologue, an urban sequence near the end of Flower, etc etc. Feels good to get confirmation that I'm not completely dead inside, yet.

Yes.

We were talking about ODST in here? Let's get back to that.

I too agree that Elites should have been in ODST. They're a better enemy than the Brutes in every single way.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I played a game against this guy yesterday... http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/Ha...an%20Rulz%2013

95 days playing Reach.

That's 22 more days than HiredN00bs, Gaf's resident inheritor.

He's averaging 28 hours a week playing Halo... or 4 hours a day for over a year and a half.
kOKHD.jpg

I don't think I've cried with a video game before. MGS3 ending being the closet, since it had, ya know, actual three-dimensional characters and a plot that built to an emotionally powerful climax. Like an actual narrative!

I cry all the time watching movies though. I'm a real BITCH watching Pixar movies, man
KuGsj.gif

feel

Man, poor Tajeen, he's working his ass off trying to make people cry and Halogaf's all like "nope, lol". Shame on you, shame on you.

Tashi's an internet tough guy now?

Someone has played Reach more than Noobs?

Letters is defending someone?

I step away from the internet for 2 hours and it all goes to hell.

H4 could illicit emotion but it'll just be tears of joy from the all eye candy and incredible music.
Not according to Ram, Dax & Bobs, but much like the art itself, it's subjective, so eh.

I wouldn't say I've cried, but I've certainly gotten teary and felt strong emotions playing a video game. One such example is
Nanako's death
in Persona 4, which you can watch here.
Yeah, without context it ye can probably discard and might be able to anyway, but I was pretty choked up watching that kid die.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Heavy Rain is the most emotional I've ever gotten over a game. Damn near cried at so many points. My favorite story in any game.

Fuchsdh

Have you seen my BR? I can't find it anywhere!

oh, there it is down there:

Dang, now I want to go play with my chrome lancer in GOW3.

Nice :)

The only thing I loved about Army of Two 2 was that you could pimp out each and every one of your weapons. Nothing like mowing down horrible enemies with highlights coming off your gold-plated everything.

I'm furious..

Just played an arena game where I went 25-0 and got betrayed for picking up the sniper.. so i went 25-1 with no deaths from other team -___________-

Now went 32-1, one away from untouchable. This is pathetic... dat trueskill.

Looking at that picture of the Crysis nanosuit makes me wish Halo's multiplayer spartan models were more shiny, looked more metallic. Even in Halo 4 they seem to look more plastic than metal (at least what I have seen so far). The early beta and pre-beta Halo 3 armor managed to nail the shiny metallic look.

Top Bottom