• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

feel

If you can imagine a podcast that gets the fanbase 100% on board with anything, then please send me the ingredients.
I dunno, say what you need to say. But there's a huuuge box of Savoy chocolates in it for you guys if the game ends up constantly fair and fun.

Just press B once!

Nice shot

Ya, it's the HaloGAF Podcast that's coming out this week!
Wanted to get my name on the gif lol

Can't wait for your podcast.

I wonder... Are we gonna have to make one of these? (From the BF thread)

a5pmN.png

688331_o.gif

That's what will become of my xbox if this is the case.

If you can imagine a podcast that gets the fanbase 100% on board with anything, then please send me the ingredients.

Two parts Ranks.
One part fair and consistent gameplay.
One part competitive and social playlists.
One part all that other gimmicky garbage in customs and joke playlists. =D
And finally, a dash of Jeff Steitzer and the Chief.

Can't wait for the podcast.

Doubt it, though I am expecting more weapons than past games. I suspect the guns will be much more predictable than games like BF and CoD.

I hope you're right. I mean, it wouldn't be a tragedy, but I still would rather everything to have a simple, razor-like focus.

Two parts Ranks.
One part fair and consistent gameplay.
One part competitive and social playlists.
One part all that other gimmicky garbage in customs and joke playlists. =D
And finally, a dash of Jeff Steitzer and the Chief.

I don't expect any discussion about ranks, playlists, or gimmicky garbage. Probably more clarification on what we've read in the Game Informer article. Perhaps an elaboration on modifications? That's the real bit for me, everything else I can adjust to, and I don't think will really affects gameplay all that much.

Spartan Ops, guys.

I hope you're right. I mean, it wouldn't be a tragedy, but I still would rather everything to have a simple, razor-like focus.

Im sure guns like the DMR and BR will have their differences, but yeah, not like that. But hey, who knows..

All I know is right now I still want to know what the Assault Carbine is. =P

Im sure guns like the DMR and BR will have their differences, but yeah, not like that. But hey, who knows..

All I know is right now I still want to know what the Assault Carbine is. =P

BR and burst fire mode is a micro-DLC skin for the DMR! Unlock all weapons and modifications for 800 MSP! (or $10 if they're gone by then)

-Discuss ranks
-Spectator Mode
-Aim Acceleration toggle
-Beta (I can dream)

That's it for the competitive crowd at least.

You guys REALLY want this spectator mode... Are there any games that have one on the Xbox? I don't play a whole lot of multiplayer outside of Halo, and some co-op games.

-Playable take-home demo disc at PAX (remember those?)

Computron

Your about to get a lot of replies.

You realize you're talking to a community of people who all (most) believe they have this recipe? (And their all different recipes?)

CyReN

BR and burst fire mode is a micro-DLC skin for the DMR! Unlock all weapons and modifications for 800 MSP! (or $10 if they're gone by then)

You guys REALLY want this spectator mode... Are there any games that have one on the Xbox? I don't play a whole lot of multiplayer outside of Halo, and some co-op games.

Gears of War 3
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Call Of Duty

Besides Xbox every PC game. I know competitive players are in the minority but the feature could work so well with the rise of streams, youtube content etc. Here's a video on it.

If Frankie doesn't talk about the water I'm going to think there's no water in this game.

Oh yeah! I nearly forgot about that! A piece like this, but in podcast form, with a very, very slight Scottish accent: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=12545

Excitement level is through the roof.

SPOILERS!!1111!

It is the plot of the game, the new enemy IS water. Or the lack of it.

He DID say not to expect the Flood. Maybe he meant the lack of an ACTUAL flood - no water confirmed.

comparing new DMR to Reach DMR visually.

Reach DMR wins.

(New DMR doesn't look awful though, just the Reach one looks better IMO)

Im tired. And failing at writing a paper. =/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
SPOILERS!!1111!

It is the plot of the game, the new enemy IS water. Or the lack of it.
Some kind of really otherwordly enemy lifeforms would be really cool. Maybe not Abyss-style water lifeforms, but something really coo coo. I guess the Engineers are pretty freaky.

Edit : I think I'm the one person who really likes the new DMR. The scope looks cool, though it's too big.

Some kind of really otherwordly enemy lifeforms would be really cool. Maybe not Abyss-style water lifeforms, but something really coo coo. I guess the Engineers are pretty freaky.

Edit : I think I'm the one person who really likes the new DMR. The scope looks cool, though it's too big.

Engineers are awesome, I hope Halo 4 has em. Also, I don't mind the new DMR, I just think the old one looks better, and not just stylistically. It seems more simple in design compared to reach, which had a lot of detail both in modeling and texture. It does look more sci fi-y in Halo 4 though, so it wins points there, but I would have rather it stayed closer to its look in Reach.

I like the Reach DMR better too. I'm not a fan of the new BR design either.

Eh, I do like the new BR, but it is different so I understand.

Its invaluable for the competitive crowd.

Make an extra charge for it and

tumblr_m1wvyad1np1rrallbo2_500.jpg

I've been waiting to see/hear/read about Halo 4's water for a while now. I would love a ViDoc dedicated to Halo 4's water.

Frankie, make it happen.

If it's anything like the lighting on Wraparound (really? that's the map's name?), then expect the water to be all up in your face, everywhere.
What about a BTS video about all the environmental effects?

Reach AR looks much better than the Halo 4 AR as well.

But I'll never use it, so who cares? :p

no wai man, classic look, classic feel.

I can't wait to see the frustrated posts after the Sparkast. <343. To be honest I'm freaking hyped and want to play the singleplayer. Give the first mission to me.

I bet I can predict the podcast, They will say instant respawns and weapon drops are not in every playlist, then they will say that you cannot spawn with power weapons, then they will top it all off with the fact that it still feels like Halo, probably in a more sincere fashion.

Who knows they might even decide to rip that last band-aid off and tell us what the modifications are all about.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hate when kids make their armor look like Iron Man. So obnoxious in FFA.

Ramirez

Heavy Rain was amazing, like I said last time it was brought up, the industry needs more games like it, and less trying to copy CoD's success!

Top Bottom