• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

monome

Somebody noted on twitter, I can't seem to find the tweet again though, that Jason Behr has left 343? True or false?

Well, I wasn't very confident Halo would get open wordly, but it definitely won't.

Curious how two "directors" left during the developpement.
With the size of the team, movement is inevitable, but I would suppose these guys were the kind of required to stay until the game ships.

Krispy

Or it's finally saying you're consistently good. As for that player, his snipe headshot rate is insane(70.95%), and higher than anyone in HaloGAF*(highest is Krispy; 70.80%). What really gets me is his Sniper Spree retention rate. He has an 18% chance of keeping a Sharpshooter from a Sniper Spree; a 22% chance of keeping a Be the Bullet from a Sharpshooter; and a 4% chance of a Be the Bullet from getting a Sniper Spree. This is 10 times higher than anyone in HaloGAF*.

*with my non-complete stats up to Nutter

Whoa, whoa whoa...

ivfNE5QBYMdsu.gif

highest is Krispy; 70.80%

kUd1l.gif

Oh gosh.

iCqx8QW1L7TM4.gif

NCmKU.gif

Since you're talking about new stuff to Halo:

- In game content search and downloading
- Before 1.2, the abililty for the game to have new gametypes made for it without a title update (Megalo gametype engine). Technically the ability to have new gametypes added after launch at -all-. See: Chess, Hotshot, Haloball, etc
- Firefight Matchmaking and Campaign matchmaking
- freaking ACTIVE ROSTER which i sorely miss any time I boot up another game

Thanks. All worthy additions. I was having a brain fart. Sometimes past Halo features tend to blur across games in my mind.

Well, I wasn't very confident Halo would get open wordly, but it definitely won't.

With the size of the team, movement is inevitable, but I would suppose these guys were the kind of required to stay until the game ships.

I've never heard of him. What was he known for?

That's really great. I'm loving all of the music we've heard from Halo 4. I hope we'll see the gameplay that accompanies the music soon.

neoism

There is nothing civil about the discussions I have with numerous Halogaf members on XBL.

Calling each other names, talking over each other, each time becoming louder. Taking bets on Frankie's appearance on XBL. Bizzare discussions, last night was about politics and bird vaginas.

Laughing at each others misfortune, complimenting each other in the most absurd way you can, breaking out into song anytime possible, her name was Lola and the Canadian anthem are the popular go to choices at the moment.

Someone here giving us a Halo 4 news prediction every week, it never coming true.

<3 the people I play with.

This all happened last week.

Elzar what days you and Xand and everone play been tring to play with you guys somemore but I'm never on at the same time ?

Elzar what days you and Xand and everone play been tring to play with you guys somemore but I'm never on at the same time ?

I'm usually on most nights, between 7-11 my time.

I not sure how that affects you, like today, I'll be on in 4 hours (7pm BST).

Hope that helps!

Tunavi

Banned
Just ordered Astro Boy GBA and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. SO STOKED. Someone should play some online AW with me when I get it.
right here man
How about spelling Nazis? It's "grammar".
pretty sure thatsthejoke.jpg

also, I hope halo 4 has some new interesting weapons. after 10 years of the needler, it just isn't doin it for me anymore...

And don't nerf them all to shit, either.

GhaleonEB

Since you're talking about new stuff to Halo:

- In game content search and downloading
- Before 1.2, the abililty for the game to have new gametypes made for it without a title update (Megalo gametype engine). Technically the ability to have new gametypes added after launch at -all-. See: Chess, Hotshot, Haloball, etc
- Firefight Matchmaking and Campaign matchmaking
- freaking ACTIVE ROSTER which i sorely miss any time I boot up another game

To add:

-The new Forge, which despite its flaws is a massive improvement from Halo 3.
-Firefight custom options
-And a bunch of stuff that is very YMMV (Invasion, rebalanced Elites, etc.)

I really hope Active Roster comes back; it's so core to playing the game now.

FyreWulff

To add:

One thing I wish ODST had at least: A time limit option.

heckfu

Banned
To add:

And freaking clan support. I wonder why that was ever removed!

I've never heard of him. What was he known for?
He was the Lead Designer for Metroid Prime 1 and 2.

WTF. please stop.

FyreWulff

And freaking clan support. I wonder why that was ever removed!

Because Bungie was waiting for Microsoft to implement actual clan support on the 360.

There's also this:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=25650

Unique Players (not including guests): 6,603,900

Total Clans: 8,653,124
Clans with 8+ members: 68,868
Clans with 16+ members: 16,752

I wish MS would either add a system wide clan backend to the 360 already, or raise the damn friends list limit. And we know now that Bungie rolling their own clan backend probably would have probably ended up with the functionality being stopped once they had to hand off Halo to MS.

daedalius

Can't wait for podcast, even if Frank says its minor :p

but he is right about getting everyone on board, haha. Good luck ever doing that with anything.

Top Bottom