• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

heckfu

Banned
I hope the Spartan Ops missions contain some sort of crossover from the H4 campaign.
I would love to see MC running along a platform above me that I crossed for real or was part of a cutscene.
PRETTY SURE THAT'S THE JOKE

did I do it right?

TheOddOne

Pretty sure that's the joke².
Inception-leo-simple8-8-10.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Linear? I would not say that CE and 3 are linear. Especially since you can attack the encounters differently the whole time. If Halo 4 has big open areas but a linear mission structure like Halo CE and Halo 3 had, I'm totally okay with it. And the concept arts emphasize big areas. Hell even the in-corridor art shows a big hall.
It's true that specific encounters have had multiple approaches, but the mission structure and plot progression has been entirely (?) linear. I'm wondering if that might change, and if so, whether we'll see more experimentation in Campaign or Spartan Ops.

Clearly it is a gun from COD. You unlock it with your spartan points at level 27 but you have to wait another 4 ranks to buy the red dot sight.

Tawpgun

What if there was a spartan op, where all your electronics and shields get fucked. So you need to aim down sights and you die in a few hits.

CoD in Space as a mission in Spartan Ops.

Havok

What if there was a spartan op, where all your electronics and shields get fucked. So you need to aim down sights and you die in a few hits.

CoD in Space as a mission in Spartan Ops.
Then people will demand it have its own playlist in proper MP and it'll become the new Infection.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
who, where, what?

looks like a prophet.
I'm guessing it's the Didact. Looks too fancy to be a normal baddie. But it also looks unfinished, in a way. Like a 70% done character model.

I've barely kept up with the Forerunner Trilogy, so I don't really know.

Then people will demand it have it's own playlist in proper MP and it'll become the new Infection.
Blech, damn, you're probably right. :-(

I had that thought as well. I think the latest Game Informer interview video had the Spartan Ops designer mention they wanted to use the mode to show off parts of the ship; I think there was even concept art of a Spartan inside the ship, possibly between mission locations.
I wonder what the story is in showing off the ship. Normally one doesn't get to explore an area in Halo unless there are some bad things to kill or objects to find. Very excited to hear details about this.

Muhahahahaha.
I apologise for nothing! : )
Would expect nothing less from you.

m23

Tried the Ghost Recon beta for a bit, actually pretty fun. It requires actual teamwork, and has a large focus on objectives rather than just getting kills. I did run into a few glitches, and the game froze at one point.

Has anyone else been able to try it?

Tried the Ghost Recon beta for a bit, actually pretty fun. It requires actual teamwork, and has a large focus on objectives rather than just getting kills. I did run into a few glitches, and the game froze at one point.

Tried it, it's okay, stupid ass COD players ruin it, the ones that stay at the back of the map and camo and snipe exclusively.

I appreciate why they put the objectives in the game, but when no one on the other team tries for them, it gets boring.

Also found out you can 'yoink' people.

GhaleonEB

A hub, before starting/choosing missions for spartan ops? Or even the armory for Halo 4's customisation? Both would be awesome.

I was thinking more of a hub structure. Since the simulations are virtual I don't think there's a need for a literal armory.
It's not actually going to called L3G3ND4RY though is it? Looks a bit tacky.

He said it was an internal team thing, not something to be used in-game or elsewhere.

FyreWulff

Got an early code for it, spent 2 hours downloading it, no Legacy. Oh well.

Top Bottom