• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Glad everyone likes it. :)

Also, Duncan: Are you still going to upload all of the clips without transitions and stuff? If it isn't too much, I'd love to see what everyone submitted.
Still planning on doing that, I'll get on that tomorrow. It's Saturday night here and after spending 12 of the last 24 hours editing the montage I'm going to take a break. :p
Heh - that was my problem, too. :) I saw a bunch of clips in there and thought "man, I could have submitted something - I have clips that look like this!" - but when I'm playing I NEVER remember to clip cool moments.

Well the biggest joke is that
I don't have any clips in the montage.
So don't feel bad. ;)

Glad everyone likes it. :)

Still planning on doing that, I'll get on that tomorrow. It's Saturday night here and after spending 12 of the last 24 hours editing the montage I'm going to take a break. :p

Well the biggest joke is that
I don't have any clips in the montage.
So don't feel bad. ;)
Try fixing mine, I think the clip starts a bit late so the first assasination isn't actually shown.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Awesome job, left some comments in the gaming side thread.

Just to tell a little back story, the clips I had submitted for the montage were garbage. They were me missing shots like a 3 year old and getting destroyed. That was going to be my joke. Duncan said, "you gotta give me an overkill so I can show the triple and then have it cut away after that" And that overkill was the clip I gave him. Shit was amazing. Favorite clips were Juices, Tawpguns, Sikamoanasdfjiasnaejfasjo (however your name is spelled lol) and then all the clips where we were doing stupid shit. OMG trying to get that flag in warthog had me in fucking tears!

GhaleonEB

Montage thoughts as I watch:

Opening is just as amazing as I remember from the preview. So good.

You chose a better camera angle for mine that I did, nice job.

I love that Havok's clip is a physics glitch. :lol

Squidhands, ROFL

The choices of music and the cuts are pretty much perfect.

The sped up Griffball clip was hilarious.

kylej: 0_o

Epic flag pickup coordination failure. I love the way these little vignettes are sprinkled in.

I remember that Letters sniper finish, holy shit. Still amazing.

Tawpgun assassination spree. Wow.

Tashi finish!

Amazing job, Duncan. :D

Fuchsdh

Awesome clips, GAF, and awesome work compiling, Duncan.

In the future, if you need any motion graphics, I'm available (it would have been nice for the player names to be tagged to each player and follow them around, just because I was confused who was who in some of the more complicated sequences.)

Great job.

blamite

Wow, great montage guys. So many cool clips, and funny ones. My clip was easily the lamest of the bunch, but it feels really cool to be a part of this. Thanks!

Awesome montage dunc.

Couldn't believe Tashi and I had the only Zealot clips.

No damny clips besides Cyrens forge version :(

Tawpguns clip was so good.

Tashi ending was hilarious.

Havok

Great job with the montage. It did exactly what the best Halo montages do: make me want to play Halo immediately. Impressive mix of montage bread-and-butter stuff with wacky shenanigans. That Warthog flag failure was incredible.

It had to come when I'm 300 miles from my Xbox, of course.

senador

Banned
Holy shit that montage is of epic porpotions! Starts off amazing, ends amazing, and never lets up. Lots of laughs and moments of awe.

3/5, would watch again.

Great job with the montage. It did exactly what the best Halo montages do: make me want to play Halo immediately. Impressive mix of montage bread-and-butter stuff with wacky shenanigans. That Warthog flag failure was incredible.

Yep, the montage made me play Reach for the first time in a few days today. I think even monsterfracas is gonna play tonight, haha

Ok, that montage was amazing, I really wish I had submitted my one clip now, haha.

Seriously had a blast watching that thing, all the funny clips really made it, and the intro with EazyB flight helmet caught me off guard in such a good way.

GhaleonEB

Ok, that montage was amazing, I really wish I had submitted my one clip now, haha.

Seriously had a blast watching that thing, all the funny clips really made it, and the intro with EazyB flight helmet caught me off guard in such a good way.

The part of the intro that really gets me is the medium shot of the planet, when it's all orange. For some reason zooming in on the NeoGAF logo/planet and zeroing in on the big orange patch just cracks me up.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The part of the intro that really gets me is the medium shot of the planet, when it's all orange. For some reason zooming in on the NeoGAF logo/planet and zeroing in on the big orange patch just cracks me up.

The beginning was great! Your clip was one of the highlights imo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Awesome montage, glad you got my clip in!

I had 3 more awesome clips since the montage started, but couldn't upload them anymore obviously. :)

Great work.

Fracas

#fuckonami
multikill-o.gif

My first gif!
it really sucks

Someone should put "Taboo Thread Topic" in the middle right, and then add little text boxes that say "banned" by each body in the air.

I laughed, I cried, I changed my pants.

Great montage Duncan.

Also laughed my ass at the part you're all fucking around with the vehicle and flag and I just bailed to go continue Slayer Unlimited.

And Henerees uncaged clip wins most blaintastic clip of the montage.

Back to Diablo3. Who wants to co-op? Juices #1991

http://gifsoup.com/view6/3737107/multikill-o.gif[IMG]

My first gif!
[spoiler]it really sucks[/spoiler]

Someone should put "Taboo Thread Topic" in the middle right, and then add little text boxes that say "banned" by each body in the air.[/QUOTE]

No, the sticky grenade should say "Bait thread"
edit: Actually, the sticky grenade should just be replaced with a "New Thread" button

Also, I regret not using the Amazon credit I had last week to buy Diablo 3

GhaleonEB

I realize this is low on the list of things HaloGAF cares about, but I broke a personal Tashi ceiling just now. My high water mark on Firefight Doubles has been ~90,000 since the playlist was made. Tonight, partly thanks to the NEP and partly thanks to a partner good at cleanup duty, I just landed a 111,527 point game. Got to the bonus round with 3 seconds on the game clock. Mopping up 24 invisible Elites on Beachhead with ~30 seconds on the clock was crazy nerve-wracking.

I have no idea how to link to the game, but it was great.

zap

Great montage, I really wish that I had saved some of my better clips.

Also, I just finished listening to the second HaloGAF podcast and I would like to repeat my constructive criticism/suggestion to Tashi...

I think the "What have you played" section is probably the part that fewer people care about, so it should go last in my opinion. I think it should go News>Community>OT.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I realize this is low on the list of things HaloGAF cares about, but I broke a personal Tashi ceiling just now. My high water mark on Firefight Doubles has been ~90,000 since the playlist was made. Tonight, partly thanks to the NEP and partly thanks to a partner good at cleanup duty, I just landed a 111,527 point game. Got to the bonus round with 3 seconds on the game clock. Mopping up 24 invisible Elites on Beachhead with ~30 seconds on the clock was crazy nerve-wracking.

I have no idea how to link to the game, but it was great.
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/HaloReach/GameHistory?gamerTag=GhaleonEB#/?game=1019575706&section=Unknown

It is known.

Great montage, I really wish that I had saved some of my better clips.

Also, I just finished listening to the second HaloGAF podcast and I would like to repeat my constructive criticism/suggestion to Tashi...

I think the "What have you played" section is probably the part that fewer people care about, so it should go last in my opinion. I think it should go News>Community>OT.
Ha, oddly enough that's my favorite part. Although I guess it's not too surprising since I generally talk about games other than Halo in this thread.

Damn Duncan, that was amazing. Loved the intro, the music, the blaintastic clips, the goofy shit, it was just perfect. So sad that I didn't submit a clip. Any chance of a revised version down the road? :p

Great job on the Montage Duncan.

And I'm not sure if I'm late to the party but, there was no new info in the new OXM about H4.
Our store got it this morning and I work the overnight on saturdays and skimmed it, nothing new, just review about what we know from GI.

Also, 15 days until Spike's E3 Total Access :D (aka HALO 4 INFOSSSSSS)

(Also my reasoning for mentioning that instead of E3 as a whole is, I dont believe the actual E3 starts that day, just press conferences)

I know Anniversary was primarily done by Sabre, but I hope Halo 4's menu isn't as sensitive as Anniversary's.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this. Even compared to the original the menu was crazy sensitive. A mix between the updated forerunner UI of CEA and the concept art stravaganzagasm of Reach's UI would be perfect for Halo 4 though.

I was browsing the Halo 3 thread at the time of the game's release (that's how I found Ghal's post), and I stumbled upon this great interview done by Max and HBO.

What's the percentage of leaderless grunts that go kamikaze, as opposed to fleeing?

Max: When we break, we tell each grunt that they are allowed to kamikaze. Each grunt will then check the conditions are ok (far enough away, not too close, etc), and then (importantly) check that not too many people are already kamikazing. We actually limit how many kamikazes are allowed per difficulty level; on normal I think you'll only get one, while on legendary I think you'll get three.

Here.

Top Bottom