• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, extra swag for you guys. Not sure how this is going to work out though.
I1oEC.jpg

EDIT: How about this. International have dibs on codes and domestic have dibs on lanyards. How you fight it out between yourselves...TBD

dos lanyardz

Still haven't glimpsed that assault carbine yet, eh?

Would love to, unfortunately I sold that poopy game the other week. :p Anticipated using the credit for some Nintendo stuff but now I think I'll save it... ._<

I was under the impression that the assault carbine had been changed to the storm rifle.

Also, I'm gonna probably pre-order from wal-mart. dat skin.

GhaleonEB

There is no way that the trilogy contains or ends with Chief killing Cortana. Just won't happen.

If they find a way to extend Cortana's natural life indefinitely, it will be disappointing. I think part of the reason 343 set the game so many years after Halo 3 was to have the Cortana going rampant be a major plot point.

If they back away from that over the course of this trilogy, it will be the Halo 3 tease all over again: oh no I'm going crazy oh hai, how's it going? I'm fine now. We've been down that road. Cortana has a natural life span, and she's up against it. There's enormous potential for some powerful story telling to come from her state and her relationship with the Chief as she falters. It would be...cowardly of 343 to back off from it, having deliberately chosen this point in her life cycle to tell their story. A rampant AI is a dangerous thing, especially one that has soaked up so much Forerunner knowledge. I think the Chief would know what to do.

I don't think 343 will back down. I certainly hope they don't.

feel

I1oEC.jpg

EDIT: How about this. International have dibs on codes and domestic have dibs on lanyards. How you fight it out between yourselves...TBD
Put my name in the hat for a virtual doll code.

GhaleonEB

Very glad to see Halo 4 lanyards about. I still use my Halo 3 lanyard - from the Halo 3 launch party - for my badge at work. I've been hoping I could retire it for the new hotness.

Hopefully I can snag one at PAX.

ZalinKrow

People are unsure about Cortana's future? But it's obvious! She discovers Linkin Park, and she's just going through a phase, and she realises that no one ¨gets her¨ so she screams at everyone until Chief moves on and finds a hotter, younger AI.

Obviously!

CyReN

ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS?

JESUS H BILLINGSWORTH

When the Halo Reach controllers came out the banshee from it sold that high, then like a week later it was on the dashboard. Funny stuff.

New THC video is uploading btw for those that care, more impressions.

When the Halo Reach controllers came out the banshee from it sold that high, then like a week later it was on the dashboard. Funny stuff.

New THC video is uploading btw for those that care, more impressions.

the more impressions the better

also im pretty sure I got the banshee prop for free because websites were giving away hundreds of codes.

There is some snow and it played like Halo.

Honestly though. THe map layout is like a bow. I guess a reoccurring theme at E3 this year. starting bases on either side with a main structure in the middle and a smaller base opposite the main structure. It is a medium to large map. I noticed that the weapons drops were the same every time that I played (not talking about personal ordinance).

which halo

;)

Kuroyume

Banned
From what I played there are still grenade pickups, you just can't seem to pick up other players grenades that they dropped.

Nope. Only with a combat upgrade. Unless they're on the map already.

Pretty good idea if you ask me. Grenades are the worst when they're all over the map being spammed.

Edit: Beaten

Wow... That is so fucking brilliant. Would prefer there wasn't a combat upgrade or whatever to skip that rule but this is a step in the right direction.

All 343 needs to do now to make me happy is:

- Confirm flag juggling
- Confirm lock on rockets for both land and air vehicles
- Confirm H2 bombing mechanic
- Confirm removal of fuel rod from Banshee
- Confirm removal of stun from vehicle hijacking

There are some other stuff (like the return of the Needle Rifle) but those are the most important of the bunch.

daedalius

Its just he wants to truncate the opinions and discussion of this thread so that people only post their optimistic opinion. Thats not what this place is for. Its for discussion and debate, and shitting on ideas, and praising good ideas (like 60fps) :)

Not true, nor have I ever said that.

I want substantive discussion, not trolling or hyperbole, one way or the other.

I1oEC.jpg

I would love a lanyard... :) Except part of that feels unfair as I'm still technically a Junior and just now getting into the Halo OTs.

ZalinKrow

I can't wait to see Forerunner vehicles. My gawd.

Definitely! Something I'm super excited about. I wonder what vehicle role it will fill. If it's anything like the other new additions in previous games like the Spectre, Prowler or Revenant, it might serve a role like that. Or it could be like the Chopper ‹3

The vehicles will assemble themselves as you begin to board them.

Haha this would be insane on so many levels.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely! Something I'm super excited about. I wonder what vehicle role it will fill. If it's anything like the other new additions in previous games like the Spectre, Prowler or Revenant, it might serve a role like that. Or it could be like the Chopper ‹3
I imagine Promethean vehicles being like the Banshee, except instead of stepping through a hatch, they wrap around you. Prometheans could just merge seamlessly with the vehicles, but humans would have to be enveloped by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom