• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Of course? It's uncomfortable to hold it any other way.
Being able to press triggers and bumpers at the same time >
It's how I've always held controllers, even on the old Xbox controller without bumpers I used my middle fingers for the trigger.

ElRenoRaven

I remember someone here posted a custom steam icon for Halo 2. Could someone link to that? Also did anyone ever create one for Halo?

There's Green Thumb. Here are some recommended changes (that is, my preferred Green Thumb layout). I'm definitely disliking that crouch is on B. Biggest complaints are zoom and active reload. Reload/action is easier on RB.

LB (or B) - sprint
LB (or B) - zoom
RS - melee
RB - action/reload
X - AA
LS - crouch
Y - switch weapon
RT - Fire weapon
LT - throw grenades
A - jump
up on dpad - switch grenades

343, zoom on RB DOES NOT WORK. It's very, very hard to fire my weapon and zoom in a firefight when I have to use both for the same finger.
I'd prefer crouch on B rather than Zoom, but I guess sprint could go on B. I'd be fine with LB Zoom.
Update on E3 Voting: Halo 4 down 20 for Game of The Show

I think we are running out of Halo-GAF members to vote. :p

Haha, oh well.
Voted

Vire

Are you asking me to adapt, good sir? I don't think you understand the gravity of that request.

Plus I don't like hand cramps.

I'm with Dax. I've been playing this way for ten plus years in Halo, ONE FINGER FOR LIFE.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I really hope now that they're adding join in progress, that they also set up a system to kick out players who AFK throughout the whole game.

I made this post after getting a match where one guy quit after 3 deaths, one guy was gone the whole match and the other only was able to get 2 kills.

Next match I get, two people quit seconds into the game. So the rest of the game we're getting killed seconds after spawning since they all have the powers weapons. There's also that asshole who t-bags after each kill even though it's 2 against fucking four.

Why can't it be November already? I'm so tired of this shit after 2, 3, and Reach.

Ken

Yeah really, they just make it annoying to watch the footage.

PV here, PV there, PV when getting shot, PV when red dot on radar, PV when spotting someone infront of you.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I can't wait for Halo 4 montages.

Trickster

That's not a Promethean.

Anyway, more on Steitzer: In the build at E3, he gives out a lot of superfluous information that isn't cool to hear. "Enemy team nearing victory!" Thank you, Steitzer, I think I can figure that out myself.

Fuck...I'm stupid...

Blueblur1

That's not a Promethean.

Anyway, more on Steitzer: In the build at E3, he gives out a lot of superfluous information that isn't cool to hear. "Enemy team nearing victory!" Thank you, Steitzer, I think I can see that.
Yeah, that sounds like it will get annoying after a few matches. It reminds me of "Close Call" from the Reach MP Beta. Super fucking annoying.

Karl2177

Prometheus: Decent movie
Prothean: Mass Effect species
Protean: Grenade in Borderlands
Promethean: Enemy in Halo 4

Yeah, that sounds like it will get annoying after a few matches. It reminds me of "Close Call" from the Reach MP Beta. Super fucking annoying.

fuck youuuuuuuu I loved the way he said that.

That's not a Promethean.

Anyway, more on Steitzer: In the build at E3, he gives out a lot of superfluous information that isn't cool to hear. "Enemy team nearing victory!" Thank you, Steitzer, I think I can see that.
H4's UI seems to be all about that.

ElRenoRaven

Well just ignore what I asked early about the Steam cons. Found a thread sharing them. Anyway for anyone interested there was a halo 1 icon posted too but didn't see any for some other Bungie games so I made a couple with what lack of skill I had. Thought I'd post em here too for anyone that might want them.

m2cBS.jpg

0ndjp.jpg

u3nEj.jpg

DHVrC.jpg

fOInn.jpg

NwYYv.png

Crucio

That's not a Promethean.

I'm thinking those type of things could be left to a commander's voice like in Reach's Firefight. Steitzer is awesome but maybe its better for him to not be over used.

PNut

Banned
I think of Lockout, Midship, Narrows, and Construct. Maps that revolve around layout and playability first, rather than worry about whether a mech in the middle of the map looks believable, or if the skybox conveys the proper amount of canonical importance.

Yup pretty much. The other map looks fun though.

Has there been any gameplay footage on the snowy map yet?

I love the One Minute Remaining music.

Also, Ellis is looking fit in that Spartan Ops video. Congrats, man. (I need to start working out. This desk job business is making me out of shape.)

That's not a Promethean.

In Halo Reach beta he announced "Close Call" and "Headcase" iirc...

TheOddOne

I think of Lockout, Midship, Narrows, and Construct. Maps that revolve around layout and playability first, rather than worry about whether a mech in the middle of the map looks believable, or if the skybox conveys the proper amount of canonical importance.
From the match played on Adrift, there was a good map flow to be honest. A lot of areas to move and no one area that interrupted the game – not even the room with the Mecha in it. The look of the map however is decent, nothing too spectacular but the base design of it looks good.

Holiday

Banned
Is there any new footage or information on the Light Rifle, e.g. shots to kill? Against my better judgment, I'm pinning a decent amount of expectation on this gun to rise above the mediocrity of the BR and DMR.

I finally got to watch the halo 4 campaign demo properly and I'm so hyped for that campaign, I know it's been discussed to death but just the tone of it was so good. The way they transitioned from live action to gameplay was inspired, I hope that creativity maps to te gameplay.

I finally got to watch the halo 4 campaign demo properly and I'm so hyped for that campaign, I know it's been discussed to death but just the tone of it was so good. The way they transitioned from live action to gameplay was inspired, I hope that creativity maps to te gameplay.

Agreed.

I'll be on after work, how the new Xbox? Sexy eh?

Gui_PT

You deserve no happiness because of that 50 you lied about!

Agreed.

I'll be on after work, how the new Xbox? Sexy eh?

Im loving the thing, built in wifi is going to be so useful, especially if I have to move around with work and its so much quieter than than the old model. Thanks for the game suggestions btw, im going to register my lovefilm trial as soon as I get a VGA cable I reckon, otherwise im limited to the front room :/ probably pick one up Monday.

I was surprised they didn't provide a HDMI cable, luckily I have my old one, and I was disgusted that the adverts that came with the thing where all for Gears and CoD, the welcome pack booklet thing didnt even mention Halo, which I felt was weird, surely it hasnt dropped down so low that even MS doesn't advertise it lol.

You deserve no happiness because of that 50 you lied about!

Now that I have a new Xbox I can play Halo 3 whenever! We can get you two 50's!
I probably suck too much these days, but Snipes might be a good shot at getting a 50 if your actually interested?

senador

Banned
Anyone know if there is a LT to zoom controls scheme?

Despite that it'll raise more CoD comparisons and flaming, I think there should be a CoD control scheme with a silly name or something. When I played MW2 I was pleased to find the 'Spartan' control scheme that was nearly the same as Halo. Made playing it much easier for me, so it could be good for players used to such a scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom