• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Yeah, let's apply this to nitwits on a video game message board.

The only people entertained by ignorant sarcasm are the ignorant.

JonCha

Match today at 11PM GMT preferably. We only need 3 of 4 from each team. Recarpo has said he can do just before 12PM GMT. I don't know any dangerbyrnes and VivaciousJazzy, so let me know ASAP.

I've been posting from a phone most of the time so I've missed a lot of posts. Has anyone come up with a good explanation for the Promethean EMP/ Flood issue.

Woorloog

Banned
I've been posted from a phone most of the time so I've missed a lot of posts. Has anyone come up with a good explanation for the Promethean EMP/ Flood issue.

You weren't satisfied by my "EMP might affect the Flood's neural systems" idea?

EDIT there's no pun regarding my gamertag and that sentence.

Enfinit

I think things started to go downhill with the lack of Oddball Swordbase discussion. We need more Oddball Swordbase in our lives, that's the remedy to this situation.

Tawpgun

Was reading around the area I got approved in Reach OT3, and found this gem.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26061833&postcount=9299

Uncaged. How embarrassing :p

I have to say, that when I was lurking, Frankie's cat shitting itself from his laughter due to the double stack spartan gif is still a personal standout. I was in tears when it unfolded, and still find it funny today.

the explanation
cat poo diagram

<3

I think I actually got the idea from a montage in Halo 3 I saw. Told my friend to hop on my head. Couldn't believe it actually worked.

The catpoop reaction was ridiculous though

Vire

I'm allergic to cats so i don't really care.

But she's so cute:

s90eQ.jpg

My new kitty I adopted from the shelter this past week

My theory is the EMP prevents that the Flood cannot communicate with the Gravemind for a short time.
Flood have the ability to take control of any technology, ex. Human, Covenant, Forerunner Vehicles, Spacecraft, A.I., etc. A Promethean Knight equipped with an EMP can disable whatever they're using. It's the Logical explanation as in addition.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Was reading around the area I got approved in Reach OT3, and found this gem.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26061833&postcount=9299

Uncaged. How embarrassing :p

<3

I think I actually got the idea from a montage in Halo 3 I saw. Told my friend to hop on my head. Couldn't believe it actually worked.

The catpoop reaction was ridiculous though

:lol we played that shit yesterday and got crushed. I did tell everyone to vote for it though but that was because there was no radar. Big mistake, spawns are also shit lol.

FyreWulff

I don't see why it's being so stubborn for you. Have you tried some of the A/V forums on the webz? The only issues I ever have/had are the game sound going out on Xsplit occassionally, but apparently that's an issue with my sound card and it's easily remedied when it does happen.

AV forums basically say what you've been telling me (match all video output/inputs), then after that, "lol if you don't have this specific USB chipset of this specific brand, you're screwed".

Yeah, it's a tad annoying since I just see all the tutorials where they plug it in and it works right away :lol

that how imagined Halo Reach's Invasion.......shame.

If that had been Halo's Invasion, it would have been 3 minutes of combat then everyone goes off and hides in a different corner of the continent.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
AV forums basically say what you've been telling me (match all video output/inputs), then after that, "lol if you don't have this specific USB chipset of this specific brand, you're screwed".

Yeah, it's a tad annoying since I just see all the tutorials where they plug it in and it works right away :lol

We've used this a bit in the office. Been impressed with the whole package if you don't want an internal card.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00840353W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Unhypedness is bliss.

I'm with you on this. If I would have read that tweet 2 years ago from a Bungie employee, I would've shit my pants. But with the info we have on the MP, I really can't get myself excited. Campaign info could be okay but I don't want to be spoiled on that front.

The only thing that could really excite me is the announcement of a ranked (doesn't have to be Halo 3 ranked) without all the added bullshit. Everybody has the same starting weapon (BR, DMR whatever as long as it's a precision weapon), there are no perks, no armor abilities and no bullshit ''semi''-random weapon drops. Just weapon spawning, power and normal weapons, like in the previous Halos.

That would make me really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom