• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PBmPk.jpg

Give us the video or this will only get worse!

LOLOL IT HAS BEGUN! R U NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!
:p

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, finally caught up on...whatever that shit last night was.

Please hit the brakes on the .gifs and spam reactions. This will probably go unheeded, but I think things have leaped past a tipping point recently. We've always digressed a bit in our conversation as a community, but lately we've had pages - sometimes hundreds of posts - just fly off the rails with .gifs and random reaction or OT conversation. For the new folks especially - welcome. But please, this is a Halo thread. Can we keep it that way?
I know I go off-topic quite a bit, but yeah, the gif spamming and the pages upon pages of ":lol" posts and the like are getting out of hand.

And yeah, I'm salty about Black Ops 2 potentially having live streaming and dedicated servers. Hopefully today's news doesn't suck.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what about Halo would you like to talk about?

this is a dumb argument, just because there is nothing to talk about doesnt mean the thread should be cluttered up with unrelated shit. how about dont post unless its directly related to the topic at hand? this is a trend i've seen with all the community threads though, not just HaloGAF, and i hate it. i dont want to wade through endless pages of in-jokes, internet memes, and friendly chit-chat about all things BUT halo in a HALO OT.

this is a dumb argument, just because there is nothing to talk about doesnt mean the thread should be cluttered up with unrelated shit. how about dont post unless its directly related to the topic at hand? this is a trend i've seen with all the community threads though, not just HaloGAF, and i hate it. i dont want to wade through endless pages of in-jokes, internet memes, and friendly chit-chat about all things BUT halo in a HALO OT.
edit: I was mistaken, and am ashamed.

Wasn't there a HaloGAF OT though?

a zoojoo

Banned
not to be too pedantic, but it's the HaloGAF OT, not the Halo OT. There's focus on the community

UM............It is the Halo OT

But, it's a community thread. We don't have to talk about just Halo, and I'm perfectly fine with it. I would hate it if we just talked about Halo and nothing else. You have to have variety in a community thread.

your avy.jpg

DeadNames

Banned
Anyone up for a few quick games of Reach? My GT is DeadNames. Won't be talking... My mic broke. But I'm heading out to get one today. hmu bbqirls ;*

FyreWulff

So, anyone have a suggestion for streaming Halo that isn't a Blackmagic Shuttle? Because hell.

I got video and sound out of it for like 2 seconds by switching it to 1080i while the Xbox was in 720p, and then it went blank again. Every other combination doesn't work :/

UM............It is the Halo OT, but it's the OT

It's a community thread. We don't have to talk about just Halo, and I'm perfectly fine with it. I would hate it if we just talked about Halo and nothing else. You have to have variety in a community thread.

You do know what "OT" stands for, right?

So, anyone have a suggestion for streaming Halo that isn't a Blackmagic Shuttle? Because hell.

I got video and sound out of it for like 2 seconds by switching it to 1080i while the Xbox was in 720p, and then it went blank again. Every other combination doesn't work :/

Why are you trying to stream anyway?

cocamola

Banned
Why no Intensity Pro bro?

I just sold my HD PVR because i thought it was terrible. I would recommend the Black Magic Intensity pro all the way.
HDMI in and out is a Godsend. I had to use a converter with the HD PVR to change the component to HDMI which nerfed the of my monitor response time.

GhaleonEB

UM............It is the Halo OT

But, it's a community thread. We don't have to talk about just Halo, and I'm perfectly fine with it. I would hate it if we just talked about Halo and nothing else. You have to have variety in a community thread.

There's a line to walk. There's going off topic as a bunch of friends - a community, in fact - and touching on things tangential to Halo, or going on with our lives. That stuff flows through here as a matter of discourse. And then there's pages of useless .gif posts, navel gazing and Black Ops conversation.

The mods have generally left us to self regulate the discourse in the thread. That is what is happening now: some of us who have been here for a while are growing uncomfortable with out far off course the threads regularly veer. Not just diversions, but 500 post blocks of nothing.

I post off topic things with some frequency, but they are generally a side note; for long stretches, off topic (meaning, not Halo) has been the bulk of the thread. We need to flip the mix back.

There's a line to walk. There's going off topic as a bunch of friends - a community, in fact - and touching on things tangential to Halo, or going on with our lives. That stuff flows through here as a matter of discourse. And then there's pages of useless .gif posts, navel gazing and Black Ops conversation.

The mods have generally left us to self regulate the discourse in the thread. That is what is happening now: some of us who have been here for a while are growing uncomfortable with out far off course the threads regularly veer. Not just diversions, but 500 post blocks of nothing.

I post off topic things with some frequency, but they are generally a side note; for long stretches, off topic (meaning, not Halo) has been the bulk of the thread. We need to flip the mix back.

Yes please.

FyreWulff

Why no Intensity Pro bro?

The original intention was something that could easily be transferred from my Windows PC to my roommate/coworker's future Mac Pro when one or the other wanted to stream, and also so older consoles could be streamed. Pro only does HDMI.

But it's starting to look like that might be the option. Or I dunno, maybe we just got a bad unit. It was an open box deal. All the other capture solutions I see don't do HDMI at all, or introduce terrible lag in their HDMI passthrough.

I just want to stream some Haloez and not with a 360 vision cam.

Homeboyd

Off topic here is generally ok, but when a mod enters the thread with sole purpose of warning a specific user to discontinue their recent post habits.. Probably time to rethink some things.

neoism

ghal for mod

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The original intention was something that could easily be transferred from my Windows PC to my roommate/coworker's future Mac Pro when one or the other wanted to stream, and also so older consoles could be streamed. Pro only does HDMI.

But it's starting to look like that might be the option. Or I dunno, maybe we just got a bad unit. It was an open box deal. All the other capture solutions I see don't do HDMI at all, or introduce terrible lag in their HDMI passthrough.

Ahh I see.

The Pro comes with a break out cable that converts Component signal. Not sure if it will do composite on old consoles though.

I don't see why it's being so stubborn for you. Have you tried some of the A/V forums on the webz? The only issues I ever have/had are the game sound going out on Xsplit occassionally, but apparently that's an issue with my sound card and it's easily remedied when it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom