• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

You're free that have that option about MM not being a part of your perception of value, but can I ask why? Most of us have MM as the overwhelming majority of our time with any MP featuring AAA game, DLC being a part of matchmaking or not is the number 1 reason for purchasing DLC personally. Without that I don't see much value to the maps. I regret purchasing Noble and Defiant map packs. They were not worth the money because I've rarely played them in MM.

I respect your opinion, and understand where you're coming from.

For myself, I play online Halo, little if at all anymore. This isn't due to the game being 'stale', it's just that I have a job and tend to dedicate my time elsewhere...regardless, I play on LAN, a lot, with my roommates who are a blast to play with so I feel like I get good value of the maps. We rotate Mythic disc, CEA, and vanilla Reach (occasionaly Halo CE, 2, and ODST Firefight) so we see a lot of action, and a lot of varied stuff that from my understanding, doesn't appear in Reach MM anymore.

Understandably, this lack of content in MM is disappointing, so I suppose I'm a bit biased because all I do is LAN and pick the maps that I want to play.

Apologies for being disingenous about the current state of Halo's online environment.

I still dislike CoD MP though.

4v4 TU Slayer Boardwalk

+15

two teammates AFK for most of the game

fourth teammate playing whole time goes -17

highest rank besides me is General

why

Because trueskill isn't used in MM anymore except Arena. Close skill option has no code behind it. Fast MM times is so great! In 343 we trust!™

Don't know how people play reach. Played it today (first time in a month) and its just trash
And I feel ripped off buying dlc. Not Sure who said it but they should seperate dlc by map types, 4v4, big team...

wwm0nkey

Those who got Hands on with the Halo 4 headset, How was it?

The wired ones they had at SDCC were the same as my Primer ones except for wired, so they are pretty good. The warhead ones will be wireless and go up to 7.1 (which is fucking pointless really)

Comparing Halo Reach to Shadowrun is like comparing The Dark Knight to Batman & Robin.

The Dark Knight being Shadowrun because it was better right?

JHall

The wired ones they had at SDCC were the same as my Primer ones except for wired, so they are pretty good. The warhead ones will be wireless and go up to 7.1 (which is fucking pointless really)

The Dark Knight being Shadowrun because it was better right?

Yes, I should put the better one first. My bad, I fixed it.

GhaleonEB

Shadowrun was designed from the ground up to be extremely competitive and balanced, Reach wasn't.

Or maybe Sage was a one-hit-wonder, the world may never know.

To be fair, the Shadowrun team basically spent three years iterating on their gameplay design.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Shadowrun was designed from the ground up to be extremely competitive and balanced, Reach wasn't.

Or maybe Sage was a one-hit-wonder, the world may never know.
Excuse me?

Jetpacks which destroy any rhyme or reason to map flow
Armor Lock which gives a player a timeout button for their mistakes
Bloom which takes away accuracy from precision weapons
A pistol which has spread and bloom and Sage's adamant refusal to add 2 more bullets

This is all very balanced stuff. You don't know what you're talking about anyway, you're not a designer. This is America.

Because you went into MM without a party?

Ah but then the opposing team would've all quit within 120 seconds with the exception of one cares-for-credits sort of player. Can't get around this quandary in Reach.

What's 343's plan for DLC integration with Halo 4? Have we heard any of their philosophy or approach to improve upon the dismal Reach model? The fact that half of Reach's DLC is effectively locked out for TU gametype adopters is a disgrace.

Plywood said:
Excuse me?

A pistol which has spread and bloom and Sage's adamant refusal to add 2 more bullets

This is all very balanced stuff. You don't know what you're talking about anyway, you're not a designer. This is America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BamrCHHtHMU&feature=player_detailpage#t=221s

darthbob

God yes.

I can only hope Bungie is doing something similar.

I hope so too. Let's hope that Sage isn't in charge of balancing stuff either.

Also, DLC implementation in Chromehounds was pretty bad lol.

Edit: I'm going to hop onto Halo Reach tonight, just to check out how bad the online apparently is. Which playlist do any of you recommend?
If you say Arena, fuck you.

wwm0nkey

Speaking of ChromeHounds there is this Unity game that's about to hit Alpha soon that's basically ChromeHounds but set in a fully open world.

d11301e52e7fb0436f70bb2cb5f24a11.png

JHall

Excuse me?

I like your dry, sarcastic humor.

Odd that you guys are talking about Shadowrun today, I just picked up a super cheap copy at Gamestop. Also, I finally found a copy of Pokemon Conquest.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ah but then the opposing team would've all quit within 120 seconds with the exception of one cares-for-credits sort of player. Can't get around this quandary in Reach.

What's 343's plan for DLC integration with Halo 4? Have we heard any of their philosophy or approach to improve upon the dismal Reach model? The fact that half of Reach's DLC is effectively locked out for TU gametype adopters is a disgrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BamrC...ailpage#t=221s
ZOPim.gif

FyreWulff

Odd that you guys are talking about Shadowrun today, I just picked up a super cheap copy at Gamestop. Also, I finally found a copy of Pokemon Conquest.

I have the PC version via the sale they had for it a long time ago (1$ on the GFWL store), so if anyone wants to try a Shadowrun night I'm ready to download it. Crossplay!

kylej

Banned
Oh yeah. Jetpacks are coming back in Halo 4.

I forgot.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Why make the same mistakes twice. Drives me crazy.

Booties I'll be on in like a half hour.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'd be down for Shadowrun tonight, if anyone's interested.

I get off work at about 10:30 PM CST, so I can be on a little before 11.

I'll join you guys for Shadowrun then. I'll most likely be terrible though, haha.

On an unrelated note, I just realized that Halo 4 comes out on November 6th. Which is election day, which means that I won't have class, which means that I can play all day long. Thank you very much, Microsoft.

edit: Oh yeah, I have a question I wonder if anyone here can answer. Monsterfracas and I were talking about this on the way home from buying Shadowrun: Does the season pass that comes with the limited edition of Halo 4 give access to the later seasons of Spartan Ops that will be for sale in the future? Or will all Spartan Ops seasons past the first be free anyway?

Fracas

#fuckonami
On an unrelated note, I just realized that Halo 4 comes out on November 6th. Which is election day, which means that I won't have class, which means that I can play all day long. Thank you very much, Microsoft.
I vote we marathon campaign all night long, then take a 5 hour nap, then proceed to dong on the hundreds of thousands of BKs in Infinity Slayer.

Cannot wait!

They haven't said anything about it. Curious to see what they have in mind, but then again I was excited for Reach, but then the MM algorithm they made didn't work because apparently people actually had to get the DLC to make it work. *inb4 MS DLC prices post*
I'll join you guys for Shadowrun then. I'll most likely be terrible though, haha.

edit: Oh yeah, I have a question I wonder if anyone here can answer. Monsterfracas and I were talking about this on the way home from buying Shadowrun: Does the season pass that comes with the limited edition of Halo 4 give access to the later seasons of Spartan Ops that will be for sale in the future? Or will all Spartan Ops seasons past the first be free anyway?

Just checked my schedule, and I have class on the 6th. What kind of bullshit schedule is that and how do I get it?

There is no season pass with Halo 4. The first season of Spartan Ops is *free. The limited edition gets you the first three War Games DLC packs (three maps in each).

*free=included in the $60 you pay for the game. You can bet that any further seasons of Spartan Ops will cost extra coin.

Reach related: Going to get on and play soon. When I played this morning, it was Cage/Cage/Pinnacle, so clearly my punishment must be more severe. If any of Team Wu is on/getting on, we should playing some MM to warm up for later.

FyreWulff

I can try and stream the Shadowrun shenanigans tonight, but it's gonna be Livestream (since that's easy for me to do if I'm playing the PC version).

In the next couple of weeks, a Blackmagic Shuttle will arrive :D

Just checked my schedule, and I have class on the 6th. What kind of bullshit schedule is that and how do I get it?

There is no season pass with Halo 4. The first season of Spartan Ops is *free. The limited edition gets you the first three War Games DLC packs (three maps in each).

*free=included in the $60 you pay for the game. You can bet that any further seasons of Spartan Ops will cost extra coin.

Reach related: Going to get on and play soon. When I played this morning, it was Cage/Cage/Pinnacle, so clearly my punishment must be more severe. If any of Team Wu is on/getting on, we should playing some MM to warm up for later.

Murray State cares about the Halo player. I chose my school wisely, I guess.

And thanks for the season pass info, kinda lame that the extra seasons of Spartan Ops won't come with the LE to be honest. But I guess it's not really that surprising.

Gazzawa

This one made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom