• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm assuming that 343 releasing Halo 4 ViDocs and BTS have mainly been big events, E3 2011, Xbox Spring Showcase, E3 2012, RTX, SDCC, and now Pax maybe?

Me too. I've said this before, and I know it's kind of an asshole thing to say, but Watchers and Crawlers sound like they were named by a five year old. I nanny/babysit, and so many of the kids I've worked with name their stuffed animals following similar conventions. It's good in that you can immediately understand what is being referenced, but otherwise, it's pretty boring.

I wonder what their reason for removing that naming structure was..maybe we are no longer getting the full suite of 'chess pieces' so they felt the names no longer worked? Even so, I would have preferred them by far.

nothing to do with current discussions but the listing for Silentium on Amazon just gave me a boner. Even readers of the two previous books should beware, there is a big twist reveal in the few lines below ;-) :

In the last years of the Forerunner empire, chaos rules. The Flood—a horrifying shape-changing parasite—has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies. Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses.

Too little, too late, the legal rate of Juridicals is only now investigating possible crimes by the Master Builder and others. Evidence-gathering agents known collectively as Catalog have been dispatched to collect testimony from the Librarian and both Didacts: the Ur-Didact, treacherously abandoned in a Flood-infested system, and the Bornstellar Didact, who accompanies the Librarian as she preserves specimens against the dire possibility of Halo extermination.

Facing the imminent collapse of their civilization, the Librarian and the Ur-Didact reveal what they know about the relationship between the long-vanished Precursors and the Flood.

The Precursors created many technological species, including humanity and the Forerunners. But the roots of the Flood may be found in an act of enormous barbarity, carried out beyond our galaxy ten million years before...

Because of that barbarism, a greater evil looms. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian--husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict--hold the keys to a solution.

Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time—to prevent an insane evil from dominating the entire universe.

Holy shit.

Wow, that music..

kylej

Banned
I'm staring at kinda flabby butts doing synchronized diving. I'll get on for a bit until women's gymnastics starts.

Tawpgun

Only $20 on pc... Might pick it up. How active is the population?

I guess it depends on the time of day. Sometimes I get into a full 8 v 8. Sometimes I don't have enough to start a game.

Matchmaking is incredibly fast though.

Looks like Team Oddball Swordbase is full. I am cry. Going back to netflix.

On an unrelated note, I just realized that Halo 4 comes out on November 6th. Which is election day, which means that I won't have class, which means that I can play all day long. Thank you very much, Microsoft.

I vote we marathon campaign all night long, then take a 5 hour nap, then proceed to on the hundreds of thousands of BKs in Infinity Slayer.

Cannot wait!
If you are eligible to vote, thenI hope you will. If not, you are going to be on my ignore list.

What I'm assuming that 343 releasing Halo 4 ViDocs and BTS have mainly been big events, E3 2011, Xbox Spring Showcase, E3 2012, RTX, SDCC, and now Pax maybe?
There were only 2 ViDoc or BTS. The Making Halo 4 from Spring Showcase and the Making Halo 4 music when the composer was announced. I would not count the event videos as BTS or ViDocs...

I wonder what their reason for removing that naming structure was..maybe we are no longer getting the full suite of 'chess pieces' so they felt the names no longer worked? Even so, I would have preferred them by far.

My guess is that they didn't want it to seem too generic given how common chess motifs can be sometimes... even though it would have worked wonderfully in this case.

Played Citadel CTF on H3 today, very good.

The only sort of objective I ever played on that was oddball and king. The flow of the map is great for CTF.

Also helped that the map is stocked with carbines. :D

Although, the flag reset and return times seem like ages in that game.

Woorloog

Banned
someone please explain to me why I'm so much better at sniping in Halo 3 when Reach is supposedly far easier

To me, Halo 3's sniping has always felt more natural for some reason. Guess it is the leading. In Reach, you point at someones head regardless how they move. In Halo 3, you lead if they move.

To me, Halo 3's sniping has always felt more natural for some reason. Guess it is the leading. In Reach, you point at someones head regardless how they move. In Halo 3, you lead if they move.

I think I actually prefer the heavy feel of it compared to Reach. You have to be a bit more deliberate with your aiming rather than super twitchy.

Edit: I am absolutely down for SR later. Bought it and haven't really played it much.

Ha, of course I plan to vote. But that'll only take up an hour of time at most.

halo 4 coming out on election day?

ibj9gNmk0CnFyc.jpg

Akai__

Anybody here play Wars? Could use someone to help me achievement hunt.

Yeah I play it sometimes. Have all achievments, except the general thing. Played through co-op campaign several times. If you need help, I'm nearly every day online between 11 am and 9 pm european standard time. GT is same as here.

Edit: You should search for someone, who needs them, too. If you don't find someone hit me up. :)

Edit 2: Looks like there is already someone. :p

-Sniping in H3 is easy because the player model is much bigger than Reach.
-The framerate/game movement/play is much slower so everything happens slower.
-People aren't sprinting and using various AA's to make their path more unpredictable.

H3 yes its harder to get headshots but please sniping was still easy in H3. The hard part was getting headshots because many times the netcode sucked and didn't give it to you from behind, and of course BLOOD SHOTS. My god the blood shots!. I think I had an overkill at one point that was all noscopes on Valhalla. In the end I'd say its equal.

Enfinit

Add me (GT Pixelfox) if you want. Need the coop/Legend achievements, but lots of the others are easy to boost. If I'm not watching Netflix I'm prolly up for Wars.

Good stuff. I'm off Live for the night, but I'll shoot you one tomorrow. I'm not the hottest at RTS's, but I got a method to get to General in under thirty games.

GhaleonEB

Tuesday's my busiest day, too. :(

I'll be filling out an absentee ballot just like I did for the 2010 elections. No way am I voting for Mike McIntyre.

Every now and then I realize how great Oregon's voting system is. You get acclimated to it, and then read things like "absentee ballot".

ZalinKrow

I should hit Inheritor tomorrow. I don't even know why I want it so bad, but I used to always say I wanted to reach Inheritor before 4 comes out. I'm so on and off on this game though. Played like shit almost all day :(

I want Halo 4 to get here.

FyreWulff

Okay that's enough of the stream for now. Clearly outclassed by people that have probably been playing this continously since 2007 :lol

CyReN

A new competitive community will rise in it's stead.

THC
DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA

Competitive players, take control... take control of your playlist. Behold, the instrument of your liberation! Identify yourself to the world!

M5rxm.jpg

FyreWulff

All we need to do to start a new competitive league is make a website and hold some tourneys. Wouldn't cost much money since all we'd need to do is only pay the top 16 players while charging everyone else money to play the game at the event.

I've got Dr Pepper on the phone right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom