• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Recruit armor looks cool. It's my second favorite after Warrior, probably. Wetworks is cool, too. Most everything else is awful.

Pennybags

The recruit armor is sweet, but I don't even have the proper words to describe those unicorn duds.

Also, my brain is broken. I only see the dancer going clockwise. I do see nipples if that matters.

DeadNames

Banned
The recruit armor is sweet, but I don't even have the proper words to describe those unicorn duds.

Also, my brain is broken. I only see the dancer going clockwise. I do see nipples if that matters.

Look at her arms... After a while, she will switch directions...

At least that's how it worked for me.

At this point, everyone's going to be running around in recruit!

zap

LOL, the spinning ballerina. Haven't seen that shit in years

Spinning_Dancer.gif

Clockwise, counter-clockwise, who knows!

It took me so long to see the anti-clockwise direction... Man this is messing with my mind! :/

This isn't my first time starting at a spinning ballerina, Mister Negative. I know all the tricks, all the little things you are supposed to do to supposedly reverse her direction, but she is clearly spinning clockwise and nothing can change that.

zap

This isn't my first time starting at a spinning ballerina, Mister Negative. I know all the tricks, all the little things you are supposed to do to supposedly reverse her direction, but she is clearly spinning clockwise and nothing can change that.

Right_spinning_dancer.gif

Left_spinning_dancer.gif

This is what helped me :p

NOKYARD

Instantly. Now i'm getting dizzy.

In other news. Today i used the new capture card to record 30 speed runs for High Speed Halo. There were at least 2 runs for each mission in Reach so i have been through the entire campaign twice since this morning. It amazes me that the runners are still finding new tricks.

IHaveIce

Banned
New pics of Halo 4 LE:

de_20120822_dlc_ltd.jpg

Console:

de_20120822_dlc_ltd_console.jpg

As of right now, Recruit is my favorite armor. I just hope there's an actual ODST varaint.

Did someone say the original Halo monk chant isn't coming back? It has to be... It's been in some of the recent gameplay....

I like both armors, but the spike on th FOTUS helmet is dumb. I will get the LE and snap a FOTUS Code per Ebay.

Question: If I wear the armor for my Avatar and activate the Cryo tube, is there a mini spartan in the tube? Or will the tube cancel the armor?

If you just stare at it you wont be able to switch it (until a zone-out occurs) because the gimmick is that our brain completes patterns and starts to chunk them together. You'll get caught in it. If you want to switch it close an eye or switch back and forth until you switch it in your head. Its actually the same image spinning but can be seen both ways obviously its not the picture that's changes its how your brain currently is completing the pattern.

Lots of frames are missing from this animation, you could use this as an argument to why games should have a high framerate. So animations aren't misconstrued by the brain completing something differently than someone else's does.

Dont believe me. Look at the two pictures Zap posted and notice how much less blurring there is because of the added lines and frames. The rerender makes it easy to show both outcomes. Nokyard replied. Yes the ones Zap posted I think are 60 or close to, fps.

I'm right there with you, can't see her spinning counter clockwise.

Recruit armor looks sweet, can't wait to see more!

The clip of the objective assassinations makes me think that when in color blind mode, the team colors will be switched from red/blue to something that is easier to distinguish

Its kinda funny that from those pics, the Recruit armor looks better on the avatar. It seems more Spartanish, they actually game one seems oddly buff, giving it a cartoony look. Not that I don't like it.. Just I think I liked Reach proportions a bit more as of now.

Right_spinning_dancer.gif

Left_spinning_dancer.gif

This is what helped me :p

My mind is broken.

I think this is easily the most fitting thing they've shown so far. But it's not like previous Halo games haven't had some weird music. There's usually some sort of fast-paced piece that wouldn't really sound like a Halo track out of context. Whatever track that plays in the Firefight sequence at the end of NMPD HQ in ODST comes to mind.

I never, ever, want to see anyone compare the maginificent Skyline to the wubwubwub from the weapons video again.

Ever.

I never, ever, want to see anyone compare the maginificent Skyline to the wubwubwub from the weapons video again.

Ever.

I'm starting to like Halo 4's music a bit more. The music I heard in the E3 demo was good, the one in that YouTube video too.

My guess is that first track will play the first time we see the inside of Requiem. Believe.

Downloading the trial version. Can't do it from Xbox.com because it asks for a password for the account I forgot. :/

I'll unlock the full thing from my console.

Top Bottom