• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

S1kkZ

Actually it has an original score with a couple of Davidge bits. And I wouldn't judge the thing by the trailer, which was put together in a rush for comiccon from very rough footage. I just watched the first two episodes in their 99% complete state and I literally got chills. And you know me and setting of expectations.

cant wait. it starts next saturday, right? do you have any idea how much longer/more in depth the directors cut on bluray will be?

S1kkZ

They're not compressed by YouTube, and it also seems like the uploader messed with the audio/bitrate.

i wasnt talking about the sound quality. the short version of the in-galaxy remix flows much better, the full version has too much useless fluff, which breaks the flow.

Frankie, how balanced is the BR compared to the DMR?

My friend this question has been answered hundreds of times by hundreds of people!
The answer is "they are both great precision weapons.. and so are the light rifle and carbine"
Frankie is able to 10 shot people with both.

Actually it has an original score with a couple of Davidge bits. And I wouldn't judge the thing by the trailer, which was put together in a rush for comiccon from very rough footage. I just watched the first two episodes in their 99% complete state and I literally got chills. And you know me and setting of expectations.

nerd chills.
seven days.

cant wait. it starts next saturday, right? do you have any idea how much longer/more in depth the directors cut on bluray will be?

october 5th if I'm not mistaken. Friday

Speaking of Davidge...

JL4uc.jpg

Fuchsdh

OddOne, I think you have an obsession with other people's avatars. How does that make you feel?

How the tables have turned...

Does that mean we get more color and 100% less slow mo in the final product? :)

Seance

Banned
Immaterial, 117, Haven, To Galaxy, Awakening, Nemesis (remix) and revival (remix) are incredible. Green and Blue is good too, but as a menu/main theme it doesn't really compare to Halo CE/2/3 themes.

L1NETT

Just listened to all the remix music.

Revival, Green and Blue (Koan), To Galaxy and Haven are my favourties.

---

Uk Gaf, has anyone won anything from Mountain Dew yet?

Overdoziz

Banned
I remember when Marty released the first audio sample of ODST's soundtrack. It was only a minute long or so but I replayed at least a hundred bajillion million times. With the Halo 4 OST? Not so much.
And Green and Blue sounds like something from a Disney movie.

I remember when Marty released the first audio sample of ODST's soundtrack. It was only a minute long or so but I replayed at least a hundred bajillion million times. With the Halo 4 OST? Not so much.

And Green and Blue sounds like something from a Disney movie or something.

Same here.

But this is all remix stuff, the actual in game music sounds fantastic.

I won't 'get' dubstep, rather listen to a remix album by John Barnes! Now that's saying something.

And Green and Blue sounds like something from a Disney movie.

Is that meant to be some kind of apt comparison in any way, shape or form? Not only are you comparing the Disc 2 remixes to the main OST tracks but you are also comparing two vastly different genres.

I'll just assume you're strictly talking about your own tastes.

There isn't nearly enough Scandanavian folk/metal music in a game which uses the same themes in it for my liking.

DesertFox

Wow, looks awesome.

vague campaign spoiler:
I guess we'll get to see what he really looks like very soon

In Cyren's video he posted. The dude drops down to bottom mid and didn't even stun. Might just be my eyes deceiving me, I'm on mobile.

Near the beginning.

Looks like he just barely catches the lip of the middle level.

In Cyren's video he posted. The dude drops down to bottom mid and didn't even stun. Might just be my eyes deceiving me, I'm on mobile.

Near the beginning.

I'm pretty sure David said that fall damage only occurs in the more extreme situations.
Like jet packing off man cannon then free falling down

Overdoziz

Banned
Is that meant to be some kind of apt comparison in any way, shape or form? Not only are you comparing the Disc 2 remixes to the main OST tracks but you are also comparing two vastly different genres.

I'll just assume you're strictly talking about your own tastes.
I'm not just talking about the remixes.

Fuchsdh

As in Red team starts in three pre-fortified bases and blue attack until they capture all three? I don't think that would work, but I would stand corrected if it did.

The way they've described it, that's not a variation that's in the cards (given the last man standing, etc.) One-sided would be cool, however, as it would essentially be a cooler Invasion phase.

6 days 'till Dawn.

The way they've described it, that's not a variation that's in the cards (given the last man standing, etc.) One-sided would be cool, however, as it would essentially be a cooler Invasion phase.
True, I'd like to be able to try it. It would definitely be a spiritual successor to Invasion.
Works pretty well in BF3 (Conquest Assault)
Still haven't played BF3 online (yeah, I know), I'll have to jump on and take a look at it.

Edit: Damn `To Galaxy` is Awesome. Probably my favorite track.

Fuchsdh

Works pretty well in BF3 (Conquest Assault)

Oh I think it would be cool as a gametype, just that how they've described how Dominion works it doesn't seem like it would be compatible. Maybe there are some serious customization options that disable things like last man unless certain conditions are met, but that feels like a (invoke Fyre) Megalo gametype rather than something fairly customizable.

As in Red team starts in three pre-fortified bases and blue attack until they capture all three? I don't think that would work, but I would stand corrected if it did.
Quite like that, make the match last two rounds and set the objectives to the attacking team color instead of neutral.
Disable ordnance drops, place fixed weapon spawns and vehicle bays at bases, tweak last stand options ..

Can't wait to see what custom options do we have.

DOMVASION 2.0

P.S: Add mutherfacking mechs and you're pretty much done!

Fuchsdh

Quite like that, make the match last two rounds and set the objectives to the attacking team color instead of neutral.
Disable ordnance drops, place fixed weapon spawns and vehicle bays at bases, tweak last stand options ..

Can't wait to see what custom options do we have.

DOMVASION 2.0

P.S: Add mutherfacking mechs and you're pretty much done!

I'm picturing HBO Bluerunner's Ride of the Valkyries with one side in Mechs and the others launching an aerial assault on each base. Would definitely be cool.

*Bambi eyes* Would Frankie or David like to tell us if this is possible in a future update?

Oh I think it would be cool as a gametype, just that how they've described how Dominion works it doesn't seem like it would be compatible. Maybe there are some serious customization options that disable things like last man unless certain conditions are met, but that feels like a (invoke Fyre) Megalo gametype rather than something fairly customizable.

Megalo is actually less customizable* than Halo 3's enum system.
I now hope that Dominion has the following settings:
  • WIn Condition [Last Stand/Capture All]
  • Teams [Neutral/Assault]
  • Pre-fortification [Enabled/Disabled]
*by customizable I mean user customization, not dev.

DesertFox

Yeah I agree, the current ruleset they've announced would make it very difficult. If the attackers start with 1 life and an overshield, matches would potentially be over very fast. They would definitely need to tweak that last stand mechanic to make it work.

Top Bottom