• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Nothing like loading up a clip to show people and then getting 4 people stuck in blackscreen for minutes only to be booted out back to lobby eventually.

H3 was garbage.

Clips never worked.

Full games worked fine though, and it was easy enough to fast forward through them.

Feature shouldnt have been cut from Reach - I just don't see why they didn't simply cut the feature for film clips and allow full films to be viewed by parties.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Just watched the new IGN MP walkthroughs.

Can't be said enough how great this game looks.

Abandon reminds me heaps of Guardian from Halo 3. Lived that map. Loving Flood/Infection. Making the infected flood gives it a bit more meaning. Really like it.

I love how the designer says 'but something terrible happened'

totally "confirmed"
Flood
being in H4 campaign

reminds me of when i heard there wouldn't be brutes in Reach and then Brutes were in Reach

GhaleonEB

I'm actually considering dropping down to the regular version, getting the war games pass separately so I get those helmets, and picking up the Forward Unto Dawn Blu-ray. Seems like I might get a bit more that way. I dunno.

You could get the LE, and swap with Tashi (just keep the game discs so neither of you have to go without on launch day, and he can pay you the difference. Assuming he can't find a LE anywhere.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You could get the LE, and swap with Tashi (just keep the game discs so neither of you have to go without on launch day, and he can pay you the difference. Assuming he can't find a LE anywhere.

I would but I dont wanna leave him in limbo. I think I'll be able to find it. I'll start really worrying when it's like 10 days before the game comes out and I don't have it pre ordered anywhere.

totally "confirmed"
Flood
being in H4 campaign

reminds me of when i heard there wouldn't be brutes in Reach and then Brutes were in Reach

Infinity's a simulation though, it could just be preparing Spartan IVs to fight flood if they ever run into them again for all we know.

oh yeah they'll be back

Fuchsdh

Just watched the new IGN MP walkthroughs.

Can't be said enough how great this game looks.

Abandon reminds me heaps of Guardian from Halo 3. Lived that map. Loving Flood/Infection. Making the infected flood gives it a bit more meaning. Really like it.

Agreed.

The thruster and shallow human clip really reminds me more of Halo 3 infection, and that's a good thing. I loved playing on Sandtrap and taking to the dunes, trying to headshot enemies as they launched themselves towards you.

The shielding and clip size should mean that there will be much less of a slaughterfest before a critical mass of zombies builds up, and combined with the fact that starting zombies is no not purely random, it's going to be way more fun than previous.

All the changes 343i has been making to the "fun" gametypes really should help disincentivize credit/commendation boosting, as well.

Leave my people alone.

I just don't get why they aren't states/don't have representatives in Congress. Having all these random islands feels like a bad legacy of imperialism we should have left behind.

totally "confirmed"
Flood
being in H4 campaign

Frankie Confirmed no Flood long ago. Brutes were never said to not be in reach, Infact they showed up in lots of press material.

Frankie Confirmed no Flood long ago. Brutes were never said to not be in reach, Infact they showed up in lots of press material.

Yeah, I thought I remembered finding out about Brutes in Reach pretty early on in the process.

And I think what Frankie confirmed was that the Flood wouldn't be an enemy in H4's campaign. I don't believe he ever said they wouldn't factor into the story. Or that they would. Just sayin'.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Yeah, I thought I remembered finding out about Brutes in Reach pretty early on in the process.

And I think what Frankie confirmed was that the Flood wouldn't be an enemy in H4's campaign. I don't believe he ever said they wouldn't factor into the story. Or that they would. Just sayin'.

I'm 100% sure we haven't seen the last of Flood in Halo's fiction. The Flood is the entire driving force of the conflict that has shaped and defined Halo's universe and key players, events and locations.

Even if we never see the Flood again (which I strongly doubt) every single Halo game will be framed by their existence.

Anyone from the UK have Fibre Optics? Any recommendations?

BT Infinity - reasonable price, very high quality service, solid speeds up and down.

Anyone from the UK have Fibre Optics? Any recommendations?

100mb with Virgin Media, Your in London Right? From what I hear from friends everything except Virgin is dire in "inner" london. Regardless the heavy population of your area is going to have some impact on your Connection.

Best to go with a smaller Virgin Media Package like 30mb or 50mb test the waters and if money is okay and you are happy with the current results go for the 100mb, Its stupid fast internet and I average 98-102mb even during Peak periods, Never seen it drop below the high 80's but even at that speed its unreal.

Downloading files from newsgroups at a constant 10 megabyte per second is pretty incredible.

I'm 100% sure we haven't seen the last of Flood in Halo's fiction. The Flood is the entire driving force of the conflict that has shaped and defined Halo's universe and key players, events and locations.

Even if we never see the Flood again (which I strongly doubt) every single Halo game will be framed by their existence.

BT Infinity - reasonable price, very high quality service, solid speeds up and down.

I looked into BT Infinity - but unfortunately it seems as though the TV package isn't very flexible through them? How are you finding them on that front?

No.

Also, 2forts is maybe the best thing to happen to reach.

2forts sucks and its only slightly more fun than default Reach.

100mb with Virgin Media, Your in London Right? From what I hear from friends everything except Virgin is dire in "inner" london. Regardless the heavy population of your area is going to have some impact on your Connection.

Best to go with a smaller Virgin Media Package like 30mb or 50mb test the waters and if money is okay and you are happy with the current results go for the 100mb, Its stupid fast internet and I average 98-102mb even during Peak periods, Never seen it drop below the high 80's but even at that speed its unreal.

Downloading files from newsgroups at a constant 10 megabyte per second is pretty incredible.

Ah awesome - how are you finding the phone/ TV side of things with them?

Talents

Banned
Well this is just mean:(

rkPDg.png

Maybe it's like reverse psychology. They're making us think that there is no spectator mode in the game and then BAM, boot up the game and there it is.

one can hope

Homeboyd

So, there's still some things we know exist in some form or another that we're still waiting on a reveal for:

- 2 new vehicles (unless Mantis is one) Mammoth/Mantis
- 3 2 more MP maps
- 2 more Forge environments (and additional pieces, color schemes, tools, etc...)
- Groups
- Ranking system (?)
- Detailed progression system breakdown
- Challenge system
- Theater
- Bungie Pro equivalent
- Custom game options
- Spartan Ops customization (beyond difficulties/skulls ?)
- All skulls
- Full medal list
- Disc 2 content (just split content already revealed)

(Additional new game modes like Dominion, revamped CTF, Assault, KOTH, Territories, etc..?)
All still applicable. Minus the new map reveal.

Oh and I became an uncle yesterday. :) feelsgoodman.jpg

Not bothering to read the past 15 or so pages that y'all have written since I last posted, so I'm going to assume I'm the only one to have finished Thursday War.

Turned out the University of South Carolina bookstore did indeed get in about 50 copies today, so after my last class at 1ish I went in, grabbed a copy, sat down, and only just now got back.

I'm dying to discuss what happens, so if there's a spoiler thread for this someone please direct me to it.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to say something that doesn't really spoil anything major, but still really disappointed me: if anyone hoped that Catherine Halsey would be given a fair, unbiased treatment, you're going to be disappointed as well.

Damn this game is irritating

Starting about a month ago, I found myself in a weird place where I can't really figure out on a given day whether I'd rather play H3 and deal with its crappy netcode, or play Reach and deal with its crappy sandbox and maps. I got into a routine where I'd play one until it pissed me off enough to switch to the other, rinse and repeat. Then go to bed unsatisfied.

At least Borderlands 2 came out to take me away from all this for a while.

Ah awesome - how are you finding the phone/ TV side of things with them?

Brilliant Honestly, Iv got an Older V+HD Box in my Room and a TiVo Box In the living room, XL TV which is everything with the exception of movie channels, 100mb internet with flawless speeds and the Phone ... works like a phone. My month bill is pricey at £90 but you can get very similar for much less, It's only because this a older contract from when all these features started to come out and the early adoption price has stuck with us.

The best bet would be to talk to somone face to face, TeleSales are always up for a good haggle and you can pick and chose your package very easily.

HD Channels are fantastic but since iv got 100mb Internet I get much more use of out Netflix (US) and Streaming/Download TV than I do with actual TV but that's based entirely on personal preferences no fault of Virgins.

The TV also offers a great Deal of Free On Demand content that spans across the board including content from pretty much every major channel, 8000+ music videos and stuff.

Seriously as a customer I could not recommend them enough.

Id avoid BT, For some people its excellent but for Other it really will Suffer, A friend just moved into a new House in London and switched to BT and has terrible quality connection with the Infinity stuff, Dropping out like 5 times and Hour and just a general fuck on.

Buy FIFA, get happy.

Speaking of, Booties, if you're reading did you buy 13 yet?

How is 13, Iv been told its got some major additions from 12. I really enjoyed messing around on 12 Think ill pick it up sometime soon.

heckfu

Banned
How is 13, Iv been told its got some major additions from 12. I really enjoyed messing around on 12 Think ill pick it up sometime soon.

They fixed about 90% of my complaints from 12 and the additions range both from animation and passing subtleties to large additions like the revamped career mode. A must buy for me.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I looked into BT Infinity - but unfortunately it seems as though the TV package isn't very flexible through them? How are you finding them on that front?

I have the internet, I don't bother with TV any more. :)

For internet and phone they are 100% solid, I'd be happy to recommend them to anyone.

So why are there visor outlines on the screen when you're playing as Flood? It doesn't look like they're wearing helmets.

Its a simulation, The Spartan Models we see are just digital projections, If I was to make something up id say that what the spartan's see is a video streamed onto their HUD so the base Hud would remain.

Dunno. All I know is the reticle is on their heads but they won't die.

It's 85%, isn't it?

Also, I really sincerely thought at least one person would be slightly interested that I'd finished Thursday War. Not trying to yell for attention or anything, just genuinely surprised...

So why are there visor outlines on the screen when you're playing as Flood? It doesn't look like they're wearing helmets.

If you really want to get technical you can't see the Flood's eyes, just their dumb toothy mouth things at the base of the helmet. Caked underneath that giant man-callus is probably still a few electronic parts.

EDIT: So, I just got some new guitar software instruments. Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 Pro. Native Instruments will abbreviate all of their files for easier use (like EWQLSO for the orchestral stuff) so this came out to NIGR5PRO...

ummmmmm...

JackHerer

What is the % of bloom in Super Slayer? That feels somewhat decent. And I assume Halo 4's DMR is better than that so that weapon should feel great to shoot.

It's 80% bloom I believe (edit: 85% actually). I find it passable while I find vanilla Reach almost unplayable. It feels sooo slow waiting for bloom to reset to an acceptable level with 100% bloom.

In super slayer I don't have that problem where I feel like I got screwed over by bloom that often. It seems like the H4 DMR has even less bloom so I'm not too worried about the DMR in that game. The magnum however....

HaloGAF said:
omg IGN wiki says no theater mode

LOL.

Until recently their Destiny page had sections that were just copied and pasted from my site word-for-word. At one point they even hotlinked one of my images.

I'd trust IGN wiki for new info about as much as I'd trust the gamefaqs forums.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Might be initial impression, but I don't see Abandon getting much play, map doesn't seem that great. I might be hating on it because the base area's aesthetic looks out of place to the rest of the map. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Also less dreary maps, pls.

Bsigg12

Just back home from work and my workout and happy to see my copy of The Thursday War showed up. What's the initial reaction like? No spoilers just do you like it so far?

It's okay. Very much a part two to Glasslands, though maybe less eventful.

OK that's kinda what I was expecting. I guess I'm looking for some just good plot info leading into 4.

Top Bottom