• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Disconect

Neo Member
Yea apparently it "takes time to correct itself"

Even though I've had FiOS for months and even my box is being given host MOST of the time. I'm still Warning on upload rate...even tho I get 50/20 lol.

Why cant Bungie have made features that work? Theres no code behind nothin.
I hope its not the same in H4 ,sick of Pedro down in Mexico pulling host all the time.You press LT than make a rubik cube than after your grenade goes off.

FyreWulff

Haikus close off in ~40 minutes then I'll work through judging them. I'll announce the winners tonight but I have to sit on the codes for a bit because apparently I done fucked up.

zap

Hey! the Xbox has a price cut of 120$!
in New Zealand

Disqualified because wrong forum and banned for life because you used my last name

Nice.

Yea apparently it "takes time to correct itself"

Even though I've had FiOS for months and even my box is being given host MOST of the time. I'm still Warning on upload rate...even tho I get 50/20 lol.

Why cant Bungie have made features that work? Theres no code behind nothin.

My upload rate is now "wverage" after being "warning" ever since Reach came out. I've been on a new connection for just under a year, it's only just changed. It must be based on averages for a long period of time?

Copped The Thursday War. Probably gonna be bitching about it in two days. Did anyone resurrect that book discussion thread?
He is risen!

Haikus close off in ~40 minutes then I'll work through judging them. I'll announce the winners tonight but I have to sit on the codes for a bit because apparently I done fucked up.

Haiku game cancelled
The guy with the codes is pissed
Cragmire jokes can hurt.

Anyone know gamestops policy on returning used games?

My CEA disk is scratched, as it seems, and won't load anything past the first level. Just gotta install a disk so i can keep using mine...

They should exchange it as long as you've bought it recently iirc.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GUYS GUYS I GOT MY COPY!
OF GLASSLANDS!

I figured I'd give it another shot. I got a third through it before quitting in disgust when it first came out. May my Halo 4 hype carry me through. I'm 9th in line for the Thursday War at my local library, and they have nine copies ordered. I'll probably get it before H4 hits.

PS: Glad your ban didn't last long, Trey.

PPS: Anyone wanna play some Halo 3 or Borderlands 2?

GUYS GUYS I GOT MY COPY!
OF GLASSLANDS!

I figured I'd give it another shot. I got a third through it before quitting in disgust when it first came out. May my Halo 4 hype carry me through.

PS: Glad your ban didn't last long, Trey.

I think what hurt my reading pleasure was that I had just come off of Nylund's style, and suddenly I am hit with what Traviss has to offer. I think the sudden change, and me being so used to Nylund affected how I read it. Oh yeah, and Mengele comparisons... sigh...

SUDDENLY A CONTEST OUTTA NOWHERE

Prizes: 5 (cinco) Codes for the Halo 4 Haven Premium Theme.

How to enter:

Construct the best Halo haiku (5/7/5) you can, while using at least one map name (multi or Firefight) (developer maps only) from Halo 1 - 4 + ODST.

Post your Haiku in the thread ONCE. You can write up to 3 Haikus in your post.

Warthog up the ramp,
Open the gate, grab the flag
Containment dot map.

Is this Ivory
Tower, or a Reflection
of a better game?

What Ghost Town is this?
Nobody has DLC.
Halo: Reach playlists.

They should all be 5/7/5 unless I miscounted somewhere.

This is just for fun and does not mention a map:
Bloom, Bloom, Bloom, Bloom, Bloom.
Five head shots, all of them miss.
Sigh, welcome to Reach.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I most likely can get through one series before Halo 4. Should I finish Cryptum and read Primordium or finish Glasslands and read Thursday War?

Fuchsdh

I think what hurt my reading pleasure was that I had just come off of Nylund's style, and suddenly I am hit with what Traviss has to offer. I think the sudden change, and me being so used to Nylund affected how I read it. Oh yeah, and Mengele comparisons... sigh...

Better Mengele than Hitler. I like some variety in my comparisons.

So I most likely can get through one series before Halo 4. Should I finish Cryptum and read Primordium or finish Glasslands and read Thursday War?

I'd say Glasslands and Thursday War, since it's going to tie most directly into Halo 4.

Even if they're completely invalid...
I'm disgusted but not surprised that Halsey got more of the same moronic, biased treatment in Thursday War.

This is sad to hear, I hope Chief one punches Parangosky in Halo 4. Would make my day. Let's see if 343 continues this trend with Halsey and turns Chief against her.

Karl2177

My parents just sent me a picture of a package that arrived at their place with a return sender of Tashi H. Nice.

And thanks for doing the contest. I'll hopefully have something cool to give out when Halo 4 gets here. :)

The map called Forge World
Where I yearn for it to hit
30 FPS

The only good map
In Reach's Multiplayer
Wait there isn't one.

I suck at Haikus :(

This is sad to hear, I hope Chief one punches Parangosky in Halo 4. Would make my day. Let's see if 343 continues this trend with Halsey and turns Chief against her.

I don't think Parangosky will be in H4, I think she retires to Costa Rica at the end of Kilo-5 with a Halsey shaped pinata for her 140th birthday.

And I wouldn't doubt 343 turning Chief against Halsey for a millisecond. This rabid hate for her is astounding.

Tawpgun

I don't think Parangosky will be in H4, I think she retires to Costa Rica at the end of Kilo-5 with a Halsey shaped pinata for her 140th birthday.

And I wouldn't doubt 343 turning Chief against Halsey for a millisecond. This rabid hate for her is astounding.

Despite people being salty at her for kidnapping children, and aside from the two scrubs in Halo Legends, all other spartans have the utmost respect for her.

FyreWulff

The map called Forge World
Where I yearn for it to hit
30 FPS

The only good map
In Reach's Multiplayer
Wait there isn't one.

I suck at Haikus :(

No more Haikus past this point.

YOU ARE NEARING THE DEADLINE

DEADLINE PASSED

YOU ARE NOW PAST THE DEADLINE

Kibbles

The only good map
In Reach's Multiplayer
Wait there isn't one.

dMl1c.gif

smh. I don't understand what the huge deal with being a "Member" is. Hell, I was a junior for 3 Reach OTs, which moved at a slower pace than these Halo ones do.

In other news, I got a piece of mail today from a certain Louis Wu. Thanks for the Cryptum pin! I've already placed it on my bag. :)
Yes, it was obvious that you took personal offense :p I don't know why it should matter that people want to become a member. Becoming a member is something that some people obviously care about. You freaked out on him as if he personally stabbed you in the chest, as if it really affected you in any way shape or form. Then like clock work, gaf comes out of the wood work to witch hunt the guy. I would have bumped a second OT too if I were NPF7 just because of the criticism. Halogaf: getting butt hurt over juniors and bumped OT's since 2012. While, ultimately, it was NPF7's own actions that got him banned, poor treatment of forum posters isn't any better imo and certainly didn't help the situation.

Despite people being salty at her for kidnapping children, and aside from the two scrubs in Halo Legends, all other spartans have the utmost respect for her.

I'd rather this not turn into another argument over the ethics of Halsey and Spartan-II, HaloGaf seems to hate those.

However, I will note that Halsey did not kidnap those children, ONI did. In fact, ONI came up with the entire project and picked Halsey because she was the most competent in that field; moreover, I wasn't talking about the Spartans, I was talking about 343, and particularly, M'Fing Traviss.

Yes, it was obvious that you took personal offense :p I don't know why it should matter that people want to become a member. Becoming a member is something that some people obviously care about. You freaked out on him as if he personally stabbed you in the chest, as if it really affected you in any way shape or form. Then like clock work, gaf comes out of the wood work to witch hunt the guy. I would have bumped a second OT too if I were NPF7 just because of the criticism. Halogaf: getting butt hurt over juniors and bumped OT's since 2012. While, ultimately, it was NPF7's own actions that got him banned, poor treatment of forum posters isn't any better imo and certainly didn't help the situation.

HaloGAF HiveMind

m23

Cryptum and Primordium hands down, however I haven't gotten a chance to pick up Thursday War yet. But getting some backstory on the Forerunners will be worth it, plus the books are better.

Cryptum and Primordium hands down, however I haven't gotten a chance to pick up Thursday War yet. But getting some backstory on the Forerunners will be worth it, plus the books are better.

LOOOL

Much as I hate Glasslands, this simply is not true. No way is the endless nothing with fifty pages of mildly interesting shit at the end of Cryptum and Primordium better than the outrageously biased but engaging stuff that Traviss writes. I'd rather gnaw off my testicles than touch Primordium again.

Fuck karen traviss. She is one author that no one should respect, she does not give a fuck about the Source material and puts her personal biases against the characters into her work.

Should have gotten Nylund to write Glasslands and Thursday War

Top Bottom