• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

The Legendary edition, which will be produced in very limited quantities, is designed for the Halo fan who has to have it all.
What was said about the Halo 3 LegE in comparison? Urk says very limited quantities.... I hope so.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dax01 said:
What was said about the Halo 3 LegE in comparison? Urk says very limited quantities.... I hope so.

HARD LESSONS WAS LERNED

Also Wu is kidding himself if he thinks he isn't going for the statue. Wait 'til he sees it in real life. Things is so big and heavy they spent like a month just designing how the protective foam comes out and how you lift the statue out of it.

I doubt my wallet is fat enough for that statue edition (thanks economy) but I REALLY like the sound of the Halsey book :D

Looks like I'll be taking the middle ground and going for the Limited Edition!

hey i can't see any reason this couldn't be answered by a bungie bro... how big (file size) is the beta? i'm australian and need to plan my downloads appropriately. :D

Louis Wu

OuterWorldVoice said:
Also Wu is kidding himself if he thinks he isn't going for the statue. Wait 'til he sees it in real life. Things is so big and heavy they spent like a month just designing how the protective foam comes out and how you lift the statue out of it.
SHUT UP I CAN CONTROL MY IMPULSES

OuterWorldVoice said:
HARD LESSONS WAS LERNED

Can it be used as a blunt instrument? I don't want to bash a burglar's brains in with it if it's gonna shatter into a thousand pieces. Is there a character that works best as a handle?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hmm, there's always a chance that the final retail disk may have room for some commentary/making of videos or maybe an ODST style "Extras" menu which can be updated on the fly over Live with exclusive content.

GhaleonEB

I picked a hell of a day to sleep in. :lol

OP updated with link to youtube vidoc and packaging details.

Loving the ViDoc so far. Turrets! Mongoose! "...I'm Onyx. You just met fucking Roger Clemens." :lol

GhaleonEB said:
I picked a hell of a day to sleep in. :lol

OP updated with link to youtube vidoc and packaging details.

Loving the ViDoc so far. Turrets! Mongoose! "...I'm Onyx. You just met fucking Roger Clemens." :lol

Froman is a legend. I think I have my first mancrush o_O

chess

I'm guessing there will be codes to unlock the armor and it can be turned on and off? Flaming head just says "hey look at me and put a bullet through my face".

I went the cheapo standard Walmart no preorder route with H3 and plan to repeat. Walk in walk out.

Just saw the ViDoc... I need a cigarette.
electricpirate said:
PISTOL FLIP AFTER MELEE IS BACK.

GOTY CONFIRMED. :lol :lol
img-cgi.jpg

Dani said:
Hmm, there's always a chance that the final retail disk may have room for some commentary/making of videos or maybe an ODST style "Extras" menu which can be updated on the fly over Live with exclusive content.

Hope so.
I just recently got to watch the Halo 1 and 2 developer Commentary's from The Legendary H3 box,
That sort of deal for Halo 3 and ODST should have been a shoe in.

LiK

Hypertrooper said:
I pre-ordered(i hope this is the right verb) the legendary edition over game.co.uk :)
Waiting for slowass Amazon US to post it so I can preorder and be done with it.

GhaleonEB

Dirtbag said:
Noticed a spartan wielding a turret. Guess those weapons are back.
There's one in the art at the top of the OP, so I was hoping that would be the case. The one I spotted on Overlook last night turned out to be legit.

Urk, can we get assets of the turret and Mongoose?

StUnNeR H2K

big ander said:
The vidoc. :D "You just met fucking Roger Clemens." :lol
<3 Bungie.

I saw that and wanted to say "preformance enhancing drugs for gamers confirmed..." or "confirmed, cheaters only division in the top tier of arena"

neoism

Dax01 said:
Much better pictures. Thanks, urk.

Yup. Definitely buying the LegE.
The two special editions will be available only while supplies last, so fans who want to secure their copy and ensure access to the exclusive in-game armor sets are encouraged to preorder quickly."
:lol :lol

Dirtbag

GhaleonEB said:
There's one in the art at the top of the OP, so I was hoping that would be the case. The one I spotted on Overlook last night turned out to be legit.

Urk, can we get assets of the turret and Mongoose?

Yeah the mongoose looked silly to me, but its probably that big to fit them big ole elites.
I think its the first time I can say, I preferred the Halo 3 aesthetic

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
StUnNeR H2K said:
I saw that and wanted to say "preformance enhancing drugs for gamers confirmed..." or "confirmed, cheaters only division in the top tier of arena"

Funnily enough, Bungie have been very open to asking folks to find ways to exploit and cheat the Arena system during the Beta. It's an open challenge since they themselves are confident it won't break but are happy enough to put it to test.

Louis Wu

Dirtbag said:
Yeah the mongoose looked silly to me, but its probably that big to fit them big ole elites.
I think its the first time I can say, I preferred the Halo 3 aesthetic
They look way more like standard 2010-era ATVs now.

Louis Wu said:
He gives you a free sample to get you hooked, and then you get addicted and keep coming back. Yeah, just the other day my friend got arrested for pushing Reach in a sting operation. Dangerous stuff. You might wanna warn ManCannon. :lol

EDIT: Great vidoc btw. I'm lttp

ahh I've sworn off limited editions but that $80 one looks really nice

if amazon has that versino of the game with $20 credit, I might switch my order. Special editions that contain books that seem like they're from that universe are so appealing.

ViDoc was fucking great. I think my favorite part was toward the end where the guy with the Jetpack goes straight up in the air and is just spinning in circles:lol Can't wait to do that. Also looks like the Gravity Hammer has been slightly changed. Hopefully for the better.

God damn this just looks so good...Can't wait for the beta.

neoism

chess said:
I'm guessing there will be codes to unlock the armor and it can be turned on and off? Flaming head just says "hey look at me and put a bullet through my face".

I went the cheapo standard Walmart no preorder route with H3 and plan to repeat. Walk in walk out.
yep me too. I used Amazon DOR for FFXIII, and I didn't get it til 4pm that day, there's no way I can wait that long to get REACH!

NJ Shlice

Dani said:
New mongoose?

vlcsnap-2010-04-22-10h44m55s234.png

I haven't seen the ViDoc yet so this may have been talked about. But, this mongoose looks more "recreational" than H3's. What are the chances there is a different style of Mongoose for race gametypes ?

What about this:
Spawn System | Players can select from a list of spawn locations after dying. In addition, in the Invasion game type players are paired with a fire team partner (or "battle bro") and can choose to spawn by them, co-op style, as long as they are away from enemies.
Is it possible to choose the spawn points for every game mode?

Dani said:
It's a part of the regular sandbox now and has been since Halo 2. Safe to assume it's in.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Because of Halo ODST and Tank hijacking, I thought maybe it was scaled down. You know, how they're talking about going back to Halo 1 and things like that. I don't think they've ever showed it in the videos so far.

Top Bottom