• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

scently

It looks a lot less jaggy.

Compare it to the campaign vidoc, they've made a whole lot of improvement and the is just the multiplayer.

JohnIIVII

Any chance someone could give me an iphone download link to the new vidoc? The bnet and youtube links aren't working on my phone for some reason :( why do I have to he at work right now lol

Gui_PT

JohnIIVII said:
Any chance someone could give me an iphone download link to the new vidoc? The bnet and youtube links aren't working on my phone for some reason :( why do I have to he at work right now lol

This is it

Edit: Hmmm, for some reason, they link to the multiplayer vidoc. let me see what's wrong

Edit 2: Fixed. Sorry

Mastperf

I love how detailed Halo games are. The ability to detach the camera and watch the action unfold from any height/angle is just incredible to me. Bungie doesn't get enough credit for packing the game with details that are only visible from being so close to the action. All we ever hear about is resolution and anti-aliasing and that's just BS. I recently went back to check out Halo 3 after playing so many other AAA games and I can honestly say Bungie is the absolute best at what they do. What you see on the surface really is only a fraction of the picture. You guys really are some fart smellers...er....smart fellers.

*EDIT* Just saw the new video on Marketplace. Reach looks so clean and detailed.:D

Brainboy

metareferential said:
He's safe.

You can save your team mates being assassinated killing the enemy who's doing it.

I guess until he delivers the final hit.

See, I would have thought that, too, but it would seem kind of frustrating to have essentially meleed someone (i.e. only pressed the melee button, not held it down), and not see them die, just because the game is waiting to check whether you held down the button or not.

I'm sure Bungie have got it sorted out, so if anything it's not even a minor nitpick. Just something that crossed my mind. Everything else in the ViDoc looks simply perfect (except for the still-ridiculously-named Swordbase...).

That vidoc was the single greatest thing I have watched in a long time.

Incredible work, the game looks amazing.

Shishka is looking stylish, new haircut?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Halo: Reach Limited Edition - $79.99 (USD)
In addition to the game disc and manual, the Limited edition includes:

* Game disc housed in recovered ONI ”black box”
* An exclusive Elite armor set for use in multiplayer modes
* Artifact bag containing Dr. Halsey’s personal journal and other classified documents and effects that unravel long held secrets from the “Halo” universe

Halo: Reach Legendary Edition - $149.99 (USD)
The complete “Halo: Reach” collection. In addition to the game disc, manual, and the complete contents of the Limited edition, the Legendary edition includes:

* Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and individually numbered, this statue is a must-have for any serious “Halo” fan
* UNSC-themed custom packaging
* An exclusive multiplayer Spartan armor effect

Interesting, hopefully its one cool statue. :)

JohnIIVII

Gui_PT said:
This is it

Edit: Hmmm, for some reason, they link to the multiplayer vidoc. let me see what's wrong

Edit 2: Fixed. Sorry
Hmm...my phone won't load that page either. Says request entity is too large LOL! This is just not my day. Thanks for the help anyway though!

Deadly Cyclone said:
Halo: Reach Limited Edition - $79.99 (USD)
In addition to the game disc and manual, the Limited edition includes:

* Game disc housed in recovered ONI ”black box”
* An exclusive Elite armor set for use in multiplayer modes
* Artifact bag containing Dr. Halsey’s personal journal and other classified documents and effects that unravel long held secrets from the “Halo” universe

Halo: Reach Legendary Edition - $149.99 (USD)
The complete “Halo: Reach” collection. In addition to the game disc, manual, and the complete contents of the Limited edition, the Legendary edition includes:

* Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and individually numbered, this statue is a must-have for any serious “Halo” fan
* UNSC-themed custom packaging
* An exclusive multiplayer Spartan armor effect

Interesting, hopefully its one cool statue. :)

The only thing im interested in thats unique to the Legendary edition is the "Spartan armor effect" - apart from that except for Hasleys journel im not too fussed about the other stuff. I wonder what Hasleys journel will be like, who wrote it and all that - this could be a fantastic way of bridging the gap between the books and the games and makes me hopeful we may see Hasley in game.

I cant stop watching that vidoc, its just so good.

I was asked to post this control scheme and ask the Bungie guys and HaloGAF for impressions:

LB - Jump
RB - Melee
LT - Grenade
RT - Fire
LS - AA
RS - Zoom
Y - Switch Weapon
B - Crouch
A - Change Grenade
X - Reload

Personally I don't like the AA being on the LS and crouch on B.

The animations are just amazing.

- Jetpack death
- Covie Assassination
- Oddball Melee
- Flag Melee
- head shot death

Did I see a pistol get flipped after a pistol animation? DID I?

Gui_PT

JohnIIVII said:
Hmm...my phone won't load that page either. Says request entity is too large LOL! This is just not my day. Thanks for the help anyway though!

I hope I'm not giving you the wrong link.
That's the link to the actual video. If it doesn't work I don't know what's wrong =\

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'll be getting this one. :D
Legendary Edition
4541937433_1a1e562f3b.jpg

Limited Edition:
4541937185_7d81daef58.jpg

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I thought I was out after the Cat Helmet... but damn, they have dragged me back in! Just the crate it comes in seals the deal, the statue is a bonus :lol

Kapura

Banned
What the "armour effect" is will literally be the deciding influence on whether I go Limited or Legendary. I don't need the action figures, and everything else in package is also in the Limited. urk, is the armour effect awesome?

EDIT: Do I need flames...

Geoff9920

metareferential said:
I was asked to post this control scheme and ask the Bungie guys and HaloGAF for impressions:
LB - Jump
RB - Melee
LT - Grenade
RT - Fire
LS - AA
RS - Zoom
Y - Switch Weapon
B - Crouch
A - Change Grenade
X - Reload

Personally I don't like the AA being on the LS and crouch on B.
Looks sort of like Bumber Jumper meets Call of Duty. Personally, I like the idea, but I'd be surpised to see it in game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
They're giving Flames to pretty much anyone now? Cool I guess. Gives kids one less thing to pine over.

Hopefully it will work like the Flames in Halo 3 so that camo using folks are lit up like an xmas tree. :D

JohnIIVII

Gui_PT said:
I hope I'm not giving you the wrong link.
That's the link to the actual video. If it doesn't work I don't know what's wrong =\
No worries man. I'm probably better off waiting until I get off at 4 and watching it in HD on my pc. God why does that feel so far away? Lol

As im not interested in the other stuff like the statue I would essentially be paying $60 extra for a flaming helmet, god I just cant justify that. $30 extra for a booklet is almost bad enough. Dont mind me, im just being extremely bitter. If the Legendary edition came with 1600 MS points making the first 2 map packs essentially free I would be soooo tempted though. Hint Hint.

How can Bungie afford to give out so many flaming helmets!?? Wouldnt that cause incredible lag? Either way this Armour effects thing excites me, im guessing there will be more than just the flaming helmet.

Chorazin

I wish they would have linked to the "Participating Retailers" when they announced the Collectors and Legendary editions. I don't want to order from Gamestop if Amazon is going to carry it the Legendary edition, that looks sick as hell!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
bobs99 ... said:
How can Bungie afford to give out so many flaming helmets!?? Wouldnt that cause incredible lag?

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't headline a premium feature that would be detrimental to the overall experience.

Thinking about it, the lack of commentary/making of is a bit of downer. I hope we'll get that sort of content online at some point. Although to be honest, I'll be too busy adoring the packaging to care for some time. :lol

Edit: £99.99? I'm more than happy with that.

Taking a breather between viewings.

I'll take that Elite perm over the fire-y bullseye on my head any day of the week (but holy shit at the flaming oddball). That helmet is awesome.

Back to the ViDoc (and whassup Sik!)...

Dani said:
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't headline a premium feature that would be detrimental to the overall experience.

I know that, but im wondering just how they managed it. The netcode or coding for special effects must be amazing to be able to support it. I love it!

I also cant get over the fact that near the beginning of the vidoc a cheecky player stole his teammates kill mid assassination. Im going to have so much fun sniping the person getting assassinated and then the assassinator in FFA. :lol

-PXG-

Limited Edition Get! I want that Elite armor. And that artbook/ journal. I'm a sucker for those.

And dat vidoc...HOOK IT TO MAH VEINZ!!!!

EDIT

When is someone going to make the Halo Reach beta gamertag thread in the Online section? I can make a generic gamertag for friends of friends. I did one for ODST.

squidhands said:
Taking a breather between viewings.

I'll take that Elite perm over the fire-y bullseye on my head any day of the week (but holy shit at the flaming oddball). That helmet is awesome.

Back to the ViDoc (and whassup Sik!)...

I'll have both. :D

And hey Squiddy! :p

Darkflight said:
£39.99
£59.99
£99.99

are the UK prices going off GAME's site.

Bugger is this a GAME exclusive over here? Maybe I won't get it after all. Fuck playing £60 quite frankly. £50 at a push, maybe if I have an actual job by that time I'll feel differently but unless I can get it elsewhere for less it looks like I won't be getting the LE after all.

Top Bottom