• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

MrDaravon

God damn it urk, I spent all of last night updating another OP now you drop this bomb? Fuuuuuuck.

Video is awesome, so much good stuff in there. Also Luke is hilarious, "It's like a Death Star in your hands" :lol :lol

Wizman23

Banned
Good stuff on the vidoc. I'm going to wait until I get home from work to watch it properly on the big screen with surround sound.

Interesting all those rumored sku's yesterday were indeed the truth. Lets now hope those rumored early September release dates are true as well. If Reach follows Halo 3's pattern the release date will get announced on May 3rd.

I hope the beta doesn't break on Day 1 under the weight of people trying to get it. I want to play it as soon as I can. These news stories of Bungie expecting millions to be playing at least gives me hope they're preparing for big numbers.

I skipped the Legendary edition last time in favour of the limited, but if this truly is Bungie's last Halo game, and if it turns out as solid as it looks, I could be persuaded to splash out this time around.

Provided $150 doesn't turn out to be €150, in line with Microsoft's other retard pricing.

Louis Wu

randomlyrossy said:
I hope the beta doesn't break on Day 1 under the weight of people trying to get it. I want to play it as soon as I can. These news stories of Bungie expecting millions to be playing at least gives me hope they're preparing for big numbers.
I can't think of a multi-million-download, gigabyte+ product whose rollout has gone smoothly yet on LIVE. :(

There are ALWAYS complications.

Shake Appeal said:
I skipped the Legendary edition last time in favour of the limited, but if this truly is Bungie's last Halo game, and if it turns out as solid as it looks, I could be persuaded to splash out this time around.

Provided $150 doesn't turn out to be €150, in line with Microsoft's other retard pricing.

Yeah im going to wait to see how the pricing works out for us Euro people, im thinking websites like Amazon will help the pricing aswell.

Any idea's what this Armour 'Effect' could be?

lol we get an avatar t-shirt for playing the beta?! Sweet! That video has gotten me more pumped about this game more so then any other thing they've shown on Reach.

It's like a Death Star in your hands

deemer.png

Gui_PT

Dear loooooooord this game is looking amazingly good

It's by far the best game I've ever seen!

Those assassinations are looking wonderful

And :lol at Luke mocking his co-workers

IZZO

Neo Member
I'm simply speechless . So much awesome footage.

The focus rifle looks so deadly. I love it.

All the Armor Abilities looks great. I can't decide which one I like more.

The Sprint jump was great. It covered a lot of distance.

HYPE approaches infinity. :D

Trickster

In order to play the Reach beta, do you have to use the campaign or multiplayer disc? I have a crack in my campaign disc so if it's that disc I won't be able to participate in the beta :/

Gui_PT

Trickster said:
In order to play the Reach beta, do you have to use the campaign or multiplayer disc? I have a crack in my campaign disc so if it's that disc I won't be able to participate in the beta :/

It's the campaign disc.

I really think the expanding reticule is gonna be huge for multiplayer. No one ever really knew what the accuracy of a gun in Halo was, because of how static the cross hairs were. It makes the DMR look damn powerful to.

Trickster

Gui_PT said:
Would it be possible for you to rent the game for a week or so?

Probably, but don't want to pay 10 bucks to rent a game I own for a week. Guess I'll just have to wait for the actual release, which might actually work out better in the long run. Halo 3 beta kinda made the release of halo 3 less special for me.

Jex

Not to sounds like I'm praising Luke Smith too much, but he was fairly awesome in that ViDoc.

Actually, everyone was very enthusiastic and the whole thing was very slick, as expected on Bugnie.

When you hear a bunch of people talking passionately about something, you become exicted as well, as if by proxy. Maybe it has to do with mirror neurons or some shit, but however it works, this video made me excited.

Trickster said:

Borrow the camepeign disk for just 1 day, just to install it. That should be good enough.

metareferential said:
He still needs a working disk to boot ODST and get to the beta menu.

Depends how bad the damage is, if the disk can be recognised then installing a working disk and just using the damaged disk for verification should work. If the disk is so badly damaged it isnt even recognised then your out of luck :(

Can anyone make a avatar for me from between 26-28 of the video, I just cant get over how good that looks.

IZZO said:
I'm simply speechless . So much awesome footage.

The focus rifle looks so deadly. I love it.

All the Armor Abilities looks great. I can't decide which one I like more.

The Sprint jump was great. It covered a lot of distance.

HYPE approaches infinity. :D

QFT.

Will be my most played game for quite some months (years?) I reckon.

How macho is that armor lockdown stance ;)

Brainboy

Oh my word, that ViDoc is ridiculous. Will watch again and again after finishing this post...

Shake Appeal said:

Knowing how it usually goes, $150 will convert to €150 as well as to £150. :/

I'm guessing £130 and €150 for the special edition here in Europe.

Also, David Candland wearing a marathon t-shirt
please be a hint! please be a hint D:

are sprinting and rolling armor abilities?

the amazing thing about the new video is that you think "who would pick anything but the jetpack?" then you see the equipment that turns you into an immovable object :lol it's hard to make a jetpack seem less cool like that

Gui_PT

Linkzg said:
are sprinting and rolling armor abilities?

the amazing thing about the new video is that you think "who would pick anything but the jetpack?" then you see the equipment that turns you into an immovable object :lol it's hard to make a jetpack seem less cool like that

Yes they are

So apparently you can roll twice before you completely deplete the ability

Brainboy

Hmm, those assassinations look awesome from third person, but the whole process viewed from first person kind of confuses me. It makes sense that it shows you the normal melee animation first, and then checks whether you're still holding the melee button to initialise an assassination. But what happens if you get killed in that instant between you seeing the normal melee and the start of the longer assassination? Is the guy in front of you dead or not?

It's kind of hard to explain, but I'd love some clarification from the Bungie boys. :)

Brainboy said:
But what happens if you get killed in that instant between you seeing the normal melee and the start of the longer assassination? Is the guy in front of you dead or not?

It's kind of hard to explain, but I'd love some clarification from the Bungie boys. :)

He's safe.

You can save your team mates being assassinated killing the enemy who's doing it.

I guess until he delivers the final hit.

Top Bottom