• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

PooBone

Doodis said:
I did, but it's been so long that I don't remember much more than the major events. I was planning on running through it in the next couple weeks.
Yeah it details how Cortana was made in that book. I'm re-reading it now as well, at the part just before they get Project MJOLNIR, around 1/3 of the way through.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Back home by the family for vacation/work - I won't be back till like 10 days after Reach, but it won't kill me...

Shishka's leaving? Good luck with whatever you do man - and I definitely remember the Shishka hate pretty damn well from you guys on here way back, you two-faced bastards... :lol

Just like the Cliffy hate with Gears 2, and now people love him all over again for Gears 3 - how about acting reasonable the whole time so you won't feel stupid now for your previous actions? :lol

Karg

You've got to be fucking kidding me.....

ws4i2d.jpg

Karg said:
Watch.....it'll be some little old lady that got caught shoplifting....that old bitch is going down

I can see it now, about a minute in and bam, yell out guilty or something. You could always go break every bone in your body or something too.

Chinner

Banned
The Crawf said:
Hmm, just caught up on the last 3-4 pages and a few UK gaffers are saying that pre-orders with Game will arrive on the 13th. Is this right?
They don't actually send it out with the intention of it coming a day early, but they always send it out a few days before release. Every game I've ordered from the website I've gotten a day early.

If you don't want to take a chance, order from GAME and keep your pre-order and if it doesn't come from GAME just go to the midnight opening.

Karg said:

ws4i2d.jpg
When you got in for your appearance make it very clear to them that you are a very biased person. When they ask you if you have any strong beliefs on certain subjects just go nuts.

And that's how you get out of jury duty.

Raide

Imperial Hot said:
When you got in for your appearance make it very clear to them that you are a very biased person. When they ask you if you have any strong beliefs on certain subjects just go nuts.

Also, you could tell them you hate humans in every form and your love for the Covenant is too strong.

Chinner

Banned
tell the judge personally that you'll be very good in the jury because you're able to tell if someone is guilty just by looking at them.

The Crawf

Chinner said:
They don't actually send it out with the intention of it coming a day early, but they always send it out a few days before release. Every game I've ordered from the website I've gotten a day early.

If you don't want to take a chance, order from GAME and keep your pre-order and if it doesn't come from GAME just go to the midnight opening.

Thanks Chinner

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Imperial Hot said:

Tell him you have a conflict of interest because you're TOM MORELLO. Petit juror? Sounds French.

Olivero

I was just looking at the jobs posting on Bungie. Thought about applying for fun. Then I saw the requirements.. *le sigh*
Edit: Oooo, actually, engine programmer. I know some C++

cout << "If you're reading this, Bungie, PM me for some sweet DOS Prompt programs.";

Catching up overnight - Good luck in all of your future endeavors Shishka - it was nice meeting you up at PAX and I only wish you the best.

What are the plans for MM management now?

Also @ jury duty.... that sucks so hardcore. I feel for you man - jury duty is rough enough on its own.

Scarecrow said:
I know this isn't the right topic, but: Halo Wars, worth 17.99?
Definitely. Campaign is top notch and there are still people playing it online. Co-op campaign is fun too.

Of course, that's my opinion. But I give it a strong 8.5/10.

Scarecrow said:
I know this isn't the right topic, but: Halo Wars, worth 17.99?
Depends on your tastes. If you're a hardcore RTS fan then Halo Wars will be a very dumbed down experience for you. Its got great cinematics and a nice campaign, but online playerbase is somewhat lacking. But if you're just an FPS/TPS type of guy who is interested in Halo and maybe playing some RTS, then it is good.

I liked it, but it definately left me underwhelmed... especially coming from Ensemble and being their final project.

xxjuicesxx said:
Go dressed as Master Chief for maximum win.
I would totally recommend doing this if it weren't for the fact that you'd probably get arrested lol. So good though. "Hi. I'm the masterchief, reporting for jury duty."

Scarecrow said:
keen. I'm jealous of my roommate playing SC2 and am pumped for reach. Happy medium
On September 14th I'll be going around asking people, "what time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!":D

Alucrid

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
I would totally recommend doing this if it weren't for the fact that you'd probably get arrested lol. So good though. "Hi. I'm the masterchief, reporting for jury duty."

On September 14th I'll be going around asking people, "what time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!":D

Shouldn't you be playing Halo: Reach on the 14th instead?

Also, who is juices and what is a mm manager?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Reach Leak Update

Tom Morello 2 (not the original one) has made a reappearance. He has now posted two images from the game. He claims to have a genuine copy of the game (not stolen or pirated).

Picture 1
Picture 2

(Too large to embed)

Nothing we haven't already known about, but it appears to show an armour effect. Note the Rank and Cr. I would suggest either the images are fake or he has a copy of the game that lets him change these values (?).

John Wonk has posted new images. He is also claiming to have a genuine copy of the game. John Wonk is requesting a substantial amount of money to leak the game and if true, represents the most substantial target that can be prosecuted legally.

reachz.jpg

reach1.jpg

reach11.jpg

reach12.jpg

reach13.jpg

Right now there is no verified leak. The majority of reports are simply kids modifying profiles with achievement data is already available. Thankfully, the number of kids doing this is causing a lot of widespread confusion among the "leaking community".

=======

What would be the best way to report this stuff? I have been following this closely for days and have a number of url's, usernames and whatnot that deserve to be reported/investigated in a timely manner - what would be the best way to go about this?

big ander

Alucrid said:
Shouldn't you be playing Halo: Reach on the 14th instead?

Also, who is juices and what is a mm manager?
MM manager: decides what playlists are in MM and what the weighting is on gametypes/maps from community statistics
Juices: a poster on NeoGAF

Re the leak:
I think the first one is fake, Tom Mortwollo's pictures look sketchy. And that electricity thing is a skin like the zombie stench thing.
The other guys look kinda legit, but can't tell for sure.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
Reach Leak Update

Tom Morello 2 (not the original one) has made a reappearance. He has now posted two images from the game. He claims to have a genuine copy of the game (not stolen or pirated).

Nothing we haven't already known about, but it appears to show an armour effect. Note the Rank and Cr. I would suggest either the images are fake or he has a copy of the game that lets him change these values (?).

John Wonk has posted new images. He is also claiming to have a genuine copy of the game. John Wonk is requesting a substantial amount of money to leak the game and if true, represents the most substantial target that can be prosecuted legally.

Right now there is no verified leak. The majority of reports are simply kids modifying profiles with achievement data is already available. Thankfully, the number of kids doing this is causing a lot of widespread confusion among the "leaking community".

=======

What would be the best way to report this stuff? I have been following this closely for days and have a number of url's, usernames and whatnot that deserve to be reported/investigated in a timely manner - what would be the best way to go about this?

Hmm, I wonder if this guy really does have a copy. On another note, that lightning armor effect could be handy in fooling some people into thinking your shields have popped.

Vire

big ander said:
MM manager: decides what playlists are in MM and what the weighting is on gametypes/maps from community statistics
Juices: a poster on NeoGAF

Re the leak:
I think the first one is fake, Tom Mortwollo's pictures look sketchy. And that electricity thing is a skin like the zombie stench thing.
The other guys look kinda legit, but can't tell for sure.

I think it's the other way around. John Wonk has only posted pictures of stuff we've seen in the Comic Con demonstration.

Chinner

Banned
i know its a small detail, but i'm glad the grass actually renders much further than it did in halo 3. really helps the game look much better.

GhaleonEB

All those pics are from existing videos and demos of Forge World. Notice how he's not showing anything that hasn't been seen (which is a LOT).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
All those pics are from existing videos and demos of Forge World. Notice how he's not showing anything that hasn't been seen (which is a LOT).

The other guy is showing stuff we haven't seen though. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen that armor permutation, especially the lightning.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:

True, minus the armour effect (I don't think we've seen it before).

Dani said:
For a final game shot, he did a really good job of showing us the ComicCon revealed AAs... Menu tab doesn't expand. We know more AAs eist. Pic is old. My bet, someone got themselves the ComicCon build.

Dani said:
Note the Rank and Cr. I would suggest either the images are fake or he has a copy of the game that lets him change these values (?).
At this point I believe it would be silly to think the game isn't in the wild.

Clearly someone who is willing to leak the game has a copy at their house.

As for the 7777777cr, I think he may have a JTag Box... I am not sure how else you would manage to modify that.

Either way I am quite sure it will end up on the net soon enough here.

Gomu Gomu

Karg said:

http://i33.tinypic.com/ws4i2d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzusuXSj8Y0&feature=related"][IMG]http://cache-03.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2008/11/Liz_Leia.flv.jpg[/URL]

Sai-kun

Banned
Hydranockz said:
For a final game shot, he did a really good job of showing us the ComicCon revealed AAs... Menu tab doesn't expand. We know more AAs eist. Pic is old. My bet, someone got themselves the ComicCon build.
We don't know if those AA's ate actually in the final game though. No one has ever said that the AA's we have now aren't the only ones we'll get come 9/14

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Dani said:
True, minus the armour effect (I don't think we've seen it before).

Look at the font of the text that says "The Armory" on those pictures...I am pretty sure that when someone posted a leak picture of all the customizable armor pieces and a Spartan that was similar to the Halo Wars Spartans people pointed to that font saying it was a very common photoshop font, IIRC.

What are the odds that these pictures are from an internal MS beta, and that they are just trying to profit off of it. While the pictures all seem new, they also seem to be limited to things we have already known and seen. Minor leaks like this I dont mind, it can build hype.. But when the big stuff goes down, it sucks. I hope the game doesn't truly leak until quite a while.

Top Bottom