• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Doodis

zethren said:
Hand sculpted Noble Team monument confirmed?
500x_custom_1276792228342_reachstatues-w1000.jpg

I'm pretty interested in Team Headhunter. The FFA gametype annoyed me like nothing else in the beta (that's true of all FFA gametypes that aren't Slayer), but the Team dynamic could make it very different.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Possibly around 8 or 9pm CST, but that depends on if anyone wants to do it. We could try tomorrow too, actually, I'll be home until Saturday.
I could load up ODST anytime from now until 9PM PDT

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Someone on HBO pointed this out. Seems like Shishka has hung up the flaming armour for good. Link

March 2008 — August 2010 (2 years 6 months)
Halo 3 "Matchmaking Community Designer"
* Updated and Maintained Halo 3's Xbox Live multiplayer experience ("Matchmaking") to keep the game fresh and players invested.

Halo Reach "Associate Multiplayer Designer"
* Provided design feedback on all "Competitive" multiplayer levels in Reach
* Set up all "competitive" multiplayer levels in Reach for compatibility with shipping game types.
* Oversaw, tested and provided design feedback on "Forge," Reach's map variant editing tool.
* Created many of the core "Forge Objects" used to create map variants with Forge (which were then passed on to the art team for finishing)
* Oversaw, tested and provided design feedback on "Forge World," a multiplayer map designed specifically for use with Forge.
* Increased original projected competitive map count by building multiple map variants within Forge that are shipping with the game.
* Outlined Reach matchmaking sustain plan
* Designed and helped implement initial hopper deployment for Reach's matchmaking.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Uhg, a little ot, but earlier it seemed my router auto set itself to strict, then in an attempt to fix it I effed up my router and had to redo everything, anyone have any idea what would cause it to set itself to strict?

I tested it just now and XBL isn't telling me the nat is restricted, so I assume I'm ok now.

Edit. I doubt shishka is too far, he just replied to one of my PMs earlier today. He's probably getting a laugh out of everyone freaking out.

Dani said:
Someone on HBO pointed this out. Seems like Shishka has hung up the flaming armour for good. Link

Wow, out of nowhere it seems. I wonder if this was something long planned, or more of something that just seemed right. I wonder what this will mean for MM and Reach.

feel

Well, that pretty much confirms it.

I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors Chad.

I wonder who will be the new matchmaking DJ?

What if in Reach there is a new play-list where the community gets to vote for new Community Forge maps/gametypes each month? This would ensure the community can always have at leaat one play-list that is kept up-to-date with the times even after Bungie's MP side of post-release support drops and moves on.

I hope this is done to at least allow for an easier vehicle for good Forgers to get their good maps played, and for the "good stuff to bubble to the top" in a more literal fashion without having to go through some obscure process to get your map/gametype on Matchmaking like in Halo 3.

At least that's what I hope comes out of Shiska's leave.

zethren

Banned
We wish the best of luck to you in your future, Shishka. Where ever you're headed you're gonna make their projects that much better.

zumphry

Banned
Well, that makes me want Friday to come even sooner than before. Wonder when we'll get the official word about what's going on.

7oYJM.png

gimp sucks so much :/

Striker

Schmitty said:
Whatever happened to Ninja on Fire? Didn't he do the MM stuff before Shishka?
Yes. I'm not totally sure where he went. But he did do a great job of mixing up the playlists, and gave great variety in those respective playlists (dozens of combinations were made for Team Slayer and Team Skirmish, as well as Ranked BTB). 6v6 Team Battle was glorious until it was removed - something Squad Battle wishes it could have been. :(

Hey You

Cuban Legend said:
What if in Reach there is a new play-list where the community gets to vote for new Community Forge maps/gametypes each month? This would ensure the community can always have at leaat one play-list that is kept up-to-date with the times even after Bungie's MP side of post-release support drops and moves on.
I can see that being abused waaaay too much. Especially groups and websites that have thousands of Members, get them all to vote on some shitty map and BAM! Its in MM.:lol

-Yeti said:
Oh snap, Shishka leaving Bungie?

Hope he goes to 343 or something. :(
Hope this too. Would be great if he supports the matchmaking and waypoint over there. Like Curban Legend says: A community map into the mm vote system in Halo Waypoint would be great.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Best of luck to where ever you head next, Chad. It was good to meet you the past couple years at PAX.

I look forward to playing in the sandbox you helped build. Don't be a stranger. :)

Perhaps it is just me, but GAF seems to have a bit of an identity crisis.

*Rewind 1+ year
Shishka stops coming to GAF due to excess flaming and constant belittling.

*Present
Shishka we will miss you. You made Halo what it was, I hope you come back to us. </3

Not saying what my opinion is of the man, just saying it's something I have noticed.

Devin Olsen said:

*Rewind 1+ year

*Present
Shishka we will miss you. You made Halo what it was, I hope you come back to us. </3

Not saying what my opinion is of the man, just saying it's something I have noticed.
I've never really seen anyone hate on Shishka besides people that like MLG and only use BRs(no offense to anyone who fits this description) :D

Devin Olsen said:

*Rewind 1+ year

*Present

Well you're wrong in that Shishka does occasionally post.
Just because he got alot of flak for things people thought were poor decisions/missed opportunities doesn't mean people didn't respect him as well.
When we* criticise at all, it's just because we care.

Zeouterlimits said:
Well you're wrong in that Shishka does occasionally post.
Just because he got alot of flak for things people thought were poor decisions/missed opportunities doesn't mean people didn't respect him as well.
When we* criticise at all, it's just because we care.
I am pretty certain he stopped posting for an extended period of time due to the flaming.

I started lurking here just as that happened, and I remember several people posting about how he wasn't around anymore because "You guys are all too immature".

feel

Devin Olsen said:

*Rewind 1+ year

*Present

Different groups of people.

Devin Olsen said:

*Rewind 1+ year

*Present

Matchmaking is bigger than one man

I am aching for something, anything new Reach related and those freaking IGN clips are not doing it...at all. Here's hoping for the reach marketing to kick into full gear.

Devin Olsen said:
I am pretty certain he stopped posting for an extended period of time due to the flaming.

I started lurking here just as that happened, and I remember several people posting about how he wasn't around anymore because "You guys are all too immature".
That is true is that there was a gap, but like all things it did not last.
Vaguely odd that I'm standing up for HaloGAF when at the time I was certainly in the "You guys are being way too strong and not reigning in "your passion/even being civil"-camp. Underdog complex?

ANYWAY.
Do hope he'll still be a visible part of the Seventh Column.

Sean P.

Devin Olsen said:
Only 23 days until PAX... It would be nice to get an idea of who all from HaloGAF will be attending.

I'll be at PAX, probably with Astro Gaming, doing some promotional work for them.

Blueblur1

Devin Olsen said:
Only 23 days until PAX... It would be nice to get an idea of who all from HaloGAF will be attending.
I'll be there with Hostile Paradox. I know that I'm going to meet up with one other person here. If there's interest we could set up a HaloGAF meet-up.

Letters said:
Well, that pretty much confirms it.

I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors Chad.

I wonder who will be the new matchmaking DJ?
2poozvc.jpg

Wherever you go, Shishka, thanks for doing your best for all of us. Best of luck to you, sir.

@OWV: What does the 'P' stand for? :lol

Top Bottom