• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Off Screen Images

soldat7

imtehman said:
More Halo? sigh.

More trolling? Sigh.

BruceLeeRoy said:
11537_324536110726_540780726_9649509_6458696_n.jpg

This shot looks really good to me. The detail on the new Needler gun is a large improvement over H3. Stuff looks great.

Needler gun? That's a freaking Needler turret! :lol

Zzoram

the_painted_bird said:
So when did Reach occur in the Halo timeline? Also why wouldn't have MC had access to those weapons? I feel like they're just another gimmick, or am I the only one longing for less gimmicky Halo gameplay, ex. Dual Wielding... as cool as that needler-rifle weapon looks, "exploding when 3 hit" only, sounds pretty lame, one man's opinion. Focusing on classes in the halo universe throws off all balance... especially when you throw perks into the mix, let's hope that the blend of all those things, and I'm hoping for customization, turns out all right.

Reach occured directly before Halo 1. In fact, the opening of Halo 1 is your escape from Reach.

Zeouterlimits said:
Actually made me pause..
But duckroll & Amir0x are cool people, I don't think it's 'intentional'.

Not looking to back-seat moderate anyway.

---------------------------------------
Just sad for Bungie that this happened. Silly responses in this thread prove why they would be. Really hope they find the person responsible, just so that it'll (hopefully) teach people to not do it in future.

It's NOT intentional?

That's one hell of a fucking coincidence then.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Chazz Michael Michaels said:
The trolls are fucking annoying. If this was a Sony exclusive game, there would be bans left and right right now.

Even from these shitty pics you can tell it's a new engine.

Drop in drop out co-op would be fuckign AMAZING if true.

If this thread doesn't prove which way the moderation on GAF leans, then I don't know what does.

Dax was banned for FAR less in the Uncharted thread.

This is absolute bullshit.

Not only are you a big whiner, you are calling the mods out. Not smart IMO. This is not an official game thread, this is the wild west to an extent, lose the tears and defensiveness.

It's NOT intentional?

That's one hell of a fucking coincidence then. It seems like you can say whatever the fuck you want about Wii and 360 games here.
*sigh*
I meant it in a manslaughter/murder sense.

But I don't want to talk about this, want to return to admiring to the wonderful image HaloGAF provided this afternoon and feeling happy:
2937met.jpg

OverHeat

« generous god »
Zeouterlimits said:
*sigh*
I meant it in a manslaughter/murder sense.

But I don't want to talk about this, want to return to admiring to the wonderful image HaloGAF provided this afternoon and feeling happy:
2937met.jpg

Holy shit I need this pic in avatar size if its not use!!!

TheOddOne

DeadGzuz said:
Not only are you a big whiner, you are calling the mods out. Not smart IMO. This is not an official game thread, this is the wild west to an extent, lose the tears and defensiveness.
Thats not a argument.

People have been banned for less.

The annoying thing is that people already began to nitpick, without any real merit.

If you don't care about the game, then go to the next thread. Nobody cares if you don't like it.

soldat7

DeadGzuz said:

Your old avatar was more befitting of you.

tass0 said:
I am underwhelmed...

Nice graphics, though.

wat

APZonerunner said:
I wonder if Bungie/MS will speed up the release of first assets in order to counter this leak?

December EDGE I think.

J-Rzez

voltron said:
lol, sure chief.

Oh no! Your opinion differs from mine! I was having a decent discussion. Lol at you, chief.

Zzoram said:
Reach occured directly before Halo 1. In fact, the opening of Halo 1 is your escape from Reach.

See, this is what I'm talking about. There is a great backbone established in the Halo Universe. Bungie really needs to go all out and tap that. They really need to focus on the SP as I'd imagine many others would hope/want. But this is quite possibly their last Halo no? I wonder how much effort they'll actually put into it.

I can't comment on what they need to do in MP actually. I skipped out on ODST after being let down with H3 and watching some vids. They may have fixed some of the problems, but I don't know for sure since I didn't play it.

J-Rzez said:
Oh no! Your opinion differs from mine! I was having a decent discussion. Lol at you, chief.

See, this is what I'm talking about. There is a great backbone established in the Halo Universe. Bungie really needs to go all out and tap that. They really need to focus on the SP as I'd imagine many others would hope/want. But this is quite possibly their last Halo no? I wonder how much effort they'll actually put into it.

I can't comment on what they need to do in MP actually. I skipped out on ODST after being let down with H3 and watching some vids. They may have fixed some of the problems, but I don't know for sure since I didn't play it.

If you're a fan of Halo, shouldn't you at least rent ODST?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If this Tom Morello guy is just stealing the glory, doesn't that also mean the shit he said in that thread is also bogus...like the perk system and such?

big ander

Tashi0106 said:
If this Tom Morello guy is just stealing the glory, doesn't that also mean the shit he said in that thread is also bogus...like the perk system and such?
Wondering this as well. Did Tomorello come across some awesome pictures and make shit up to go with them? Or am I going to be dropping Halo-grams all over the place come 2010?

tass0 said:
I am underwhelmed...

Nice graphics, though.

Huh? How can you tell if the graphics are nice? More importantly though what is there to be underwhelmed by?

Edit:
~Kinggi~ said:
These screens make me wonder if Bungie can survive after Halo. Their tech seems to be stuck in the past with Halo.

You are aware that games have more features than just graphics right?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I actually thought the screens looked good, lol.

Only cause the only detail you can see, the guns, looks improved.

APZonerunner said:
I wonder if Bungie/MS will speed up the release of first assets in order to counter this leak?
Exactly what I was thinking. Now I'm excited to see how soon we'll get an official reveal.

And Halo trolls have always been little bitches, so that will never change. No fucking game has 4 player SPLIT SCREEN with as big of a scope as Halo. So save the graphics engine complaints as well.

~Kinggi~ said:
These screens make me wonder if Bungie can survive after Halo. Their tech seems to be stuck in the past with Halo.

Please name 5 games you think are better on a technical level(in terms of graphics) than Halo 3/ODST.

EDIT: To be fair, 5 games on 360 that are better. 360 can't compete with PS3(NOT trolling here.)/PC

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Are you trying to imply that someone made shit up on the internet?

J-Rzez

Ajemsuhgao said:
If you're a fan of Halo, shouldn't you at least rent ODST?

I originally viewed it as a quick cash in scheme, and from people I trust opinions, I was right. Sad thing is I could just gamefly it, but I have no ambition to play something I feel doesn't have the effort put into it as my friends confirmed, and I have lots of other stuff worthy of my attention to play. H2 let me down. H3 pissed me off beyond belief. It will take a solid effort to get me back into it. I can always hope they'll make a proper "sequel" that the first one and universe they created deserves.

DD-11

J-Rzez said:
I originally viewed it as a quick cash in scheme, and from people I trust opinions, I was right. Sad thing is I could just gamefly it, but I have no ambition to play something I feel doesn't have the effort put into it as my friends confirmed, and I have lots of other stuff worthy of my attention to play. H2 let me down. H3 pissed me off beyond belief. It will take a solid effort to get me back into it. I can always hope they'll make a proper "sequel" that the first one and universe they created deserves.

Wow. Cash out now, you are the type of person who will never be happy with anything that isn't CE.

Voltron64

How in the world did I miss this thread? Pics are too blurry. What's up with leakers these days? So unprofessional.

51wk6f.jpg

Kibbles

clashfan said:
I can tell from the screens that Reach will not be 60 fps.
It probably won't, and the screens don't show anything impressive besides gun detail. I'm sure this was just gameplay stuff and they haven't put in the graphical goodness.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Voltron64 said:
How in the world did I miss this thread? Pics are too blurry. What's up with leakers these days? So unprofessional.

51wk6f.jpg

Im so distracted by your avatar....

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
Are you trying to imply that someone made shit up on the internet?

Lol seriously though, I am less likely to believe all of that shit now that it turns out that they're not his photos.

Bungie, you got some esplainin to do!

Top Bottom