• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Off Screen Images

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
35374f8.png

tiong_fi said:
Looks like it's still using the Halo 3 engine :(

You ARE kidding right?

That's a completely new engine.

Doesn't look a generation above Halo 3, but it still looks noticeably better. Even in these SHITTY CAMERA PHONE SHAKY screens.

Red

Those screens have me pretty hyped. I wasn't excited at all until I saw them, now I'm on the verge of a nerdgasm.

Tough to tell from offscreen photos, but edges look a lot cleaner than H3. Who knows, though. Besides "new engine," it's all speculation at this point.

expy

Banned
Seriously, stop saying it looks worse, the same, or better than Halo 3, or Halo ODST. They're CRAPPY phone pics and you can't deduct anything from them. Even if it is a new engine it doesn't mean much. Have to wait until some true official (or confirmed) Halo REACH screenshots to emerge.

Proelite

Holy shit, why don't they call perks armor mods or something. Mods sounds more reasonable than perks in a futuristic setting.

FFChris

Proelite said:
Holy shit, why don't they call perks armor mods or something. Mods sounds more reasonable than perks in a futuristic setting.

I wouldn't be suprised if the info was made up to be honest, and I very much doubt they'll be called perks at Bungie, they wouldn't want to associate with COD so closely.

Edit: Also, for those who don't follow Bungie updates these leaks co-incide with news from a week or so ago that Bungie employees were able to take the games build home to start playing campaign though and finding bugs.

It looks like they still aren't using realtime shadows, which for an ostensibly AAA exclusive in 2010 is pretty shameful.

Still though, the quality of the screens is terrible.

Shalashaska161 said:
The most important news here is perks. God damn it Bungie keep that crap out of Halo.
You never know dude they might be handled well. Like everyone is saying we really know nothing.

Domino Theory said:
"Privacy"?

MUTAHFUCKIN' DROP-IN-DROP-OUT CO-OP.
And BOOM goes the dynamite!

jaypah

expy said:
Seriously, stop saying it looks worse, the same, or better than Halo 3, or Halo ODST. They're CRAPPY phone pics and you can't deduct anything from them. Even if it is a new engine it doesn't mean much. Have to wait until some true official (or confirmed) Halo REACH screenshots to emerge.

it's like an awesome Rorschach test or something. if you see dicks in an inkblot don't blame the artist, you just got dicks on the brain.

FFChris

proposition said:
It looks like they still aren't using realtime shadows, which for an ostensibly AAA exclusive in 2010 is pretty shameful.

How on earth can you tell this from still photos? :lol

SpacLock

All we can really gather from these pictures is:

1. Bungie seems to be staying true to Halo's art style.

2. Some weapons are remodeled.

3. It's obviously a work in progress.

Before you get all worked up from some of the hilariously bad posts in this thread just remember... trolls will be trolls.

FFChris

proposition said:
The fact that some things in the pictures have shadows, and some things don't?

Ah yea, sorry. It's pretty clear from the first photo isn't it. It's a shame, since the early Halo series were graphical powerhouses for their time, the later ones have been eclipsed.

TheOddOne

''I don't care about HALO, but I have to comment on why I hated the last three games. Maby i'm stupid but if the last three games did not intrest me, i'm still going to critique it!''

Other thread ''This game is awesome, would not care if the did just more content on the next game!''

:lol

JB1981

MMaRsu said:
Details on the weapons look fucking amazing!

and this shot :

e8k12a.jpg

Looks great too! Too bad its still using the same engine though :(.

Oh well..

Tom Morello

Yep. Game looks pretty bad ass.

scoobs

looks alot like halo 3 graphically, but it is very early at this point so I'm hoping it will blow my mind when it comes out. Also its really hard to tell from these blurry pics, but i'm optimistic about the group aspect.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
These are cell phone-quality pics of the Alpha build. It was a BWU from just about two weeks ago that said they've begun making "things look sweet", so you guys need to chill the fuck out.

And, IMHO, those cell phone-quality Alpha screens look better than the finished product of Halo 3, so... :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The MLG user is bogus and fake, he put his name on screenshots someone else made, just to boost his own ego and give the MLG website free hits.

Is it really that hard to take a decent off-screen photo?

Jeez :(

Looks like a lot of it is still placeholder (The Mountains.) Which is completely understandable in this stage of development. Looks nicer than Halo 3 though.

The new needler is pretty sick.

big ander

zomgzomgzomgzomg fanboy hype zomggggg
Seriously, really excited about this. While everyone else is bitching about "bad grafix" I think the environments look huge and amazing (like in this screen. It's a work in progress, and I'm confident Bungie will get this up to match other AAA titles.
Here's what I'm hoping for with Reach: Bungie takes all of the "good" from their 3.5 Halo games, adds in some new twists, and overall gives their huge send-off to the franchise. Sure, after Reach 343 may crank out new Halo games every year, but Bungie looks like they're going to a new IP, so I'm hoping this will be their last great hurrah for the series.

Tashi0106 said:
this...as excited as I am to see pics of the game, I didn't want some doucher to put out cell phone pics. I'm guessing we'll see some legit screens soon.
Same. I would have preferred an awesome reveal from bungie with huge screens and a new trailer. Hopefully that comes soon.

OuterWorldVoice said:
http://i38.tinypic.com/348km6t.jpg[/QUOTE]
:lol

[QUOTE=Plywood][IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/35374f8.png[/QUOTE]
Perfect.

[QUOTE=Letters][QUOTE=Domino Theory]"Privacy"?

MUTAHFUCKIN' DROP-IN-DROP-OUT CO-OP.[/QUOTE]
!!!!!!!!!

*headexploding.gif*[/QUOTE]
fuck. YES.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I wonder if the user/leaker knows that they can screen capture right off their debug/developer unit.

The trolls are fucking annoying. If this was a Sony exclusive game, there would be bans left and right right now.

Even from these shitty pics you can tell it's a new engine.

Drop in drop out co-op would be fuckign AMAZING if true.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
The first page confused the fuck out of me now that the images have been updated.
Tom Morello

Magni

Dani, I suggest you post Plywood's pic at the very top of the OP, just so we don't have to repeat ourselves for the next 400 posts :lol

edit: beaten

Top Bottom