• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Off Screen Images

I'm not familiar with recent Halo menu design, but why does this picture of the main menu...
11537_324534965726_540780726_9649502_8378400_n.jpg

...only have "Start Solo Game" and no option for "Multiplayer" or the like? Or is "Activities" where the multiplayer stuff will be?

DeadGzuz

Banned
witness said:
Environments look better as do weapons, I thought they were using a new engine though?

Really?

reach.jpg

I'd say they are play testing the game, not showing off the new graphics engine/assets. The game is pretty far from release.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Liabe Brave said:
I'm not familiar with recent Halo menu design, but why does this picture of the main menu...

...only have "Start Solo Game" and no option for "Multiplayer" or the like? Or is "Activities" where the multiplayer stuff will be?

on a separate disc.

ODST had multiplayer on a totally separate disc

sinxtanx

Liabe Brave said:
Or is "Activities" where the multiplayer stuff will be?
It's obviously a minigame compilation :p

I don't think there is multiplayer in this exact build. It's not like the game is finished.

double0penguin

Neo Member
Liabe Brave said:
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs008.snc3/11537_324534965726_540780726_9649502_8378400_n.jpg

...only have "Start Solo Game" and no option for "Multiplayer" or the like? Or is "Activities" where the multiplayer stuff will be?[/QUOTE]

This was probably a campaign only game test. A multiplayer beta will be out next year.

jamaniek

Ajemsuhgao said:
Maybe it was taken with a cellphone?
Oh, come on. Even my old SE K800i has autofocus.

I really hope it's fake. (but it doesn't look like it) If it's not- I'm very disappointed about the old graphics engine. :(

Either way, I'm goona buy the game.

Hootie

sogood.gif....sosogood.gif

I don't give a FUCK if it's the same engine and graphics as Halo 3. I just want more Halo.

big ander

Liabe Brave said:

I think I see the words "Build ____" in the corner; it's probably a campaign only build.

g35twinturbo said:
on a separate disc.

ODST had multiplayer on a totally separate disc
Not really, ODST's multiplayer was on its disc, and Halo 3's multiplayer was on a different disc. Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST are two separate games. ODST had campaign and cooperative mulitplayer and Halo 3: Mythic had Halo 3 multiplayer and all the maps.

Hugbot

jamaniek said:
I really hope it's fake. (but it doesn't look like it) If it's not- I'm very disappointed about the old graphics engine. :(

It's still a year off, which is several polish passes at the very least. Even if it's re-using the Halo 3 engine, or even chunks of it, ODST showed that it still has some graphical kick left to it. It may turn out to look dated, but don't condemn it for crappy cell phone shots of a beta build a year from release.

jamaniek said:

Seriously, shut the fuck up.

Wow this thread is full of trolls. A couple of blurry shots where you can't see anything really and people are coming out bagging this game for its graphics.

a Master Ninja said:
I'm kinda hoping for Reach they don't support splitscreen just for the boost in polys and image quality, but I guess that would alienate more players than it would bring in.

I am a massive halo fan but i would not buy any more games in the series if they did this.

Splitscreen co-op is what made the halo series.

At the very least it must have co-op though. Not having co-op in a FPS (there are exceptions like bioshock and HL) is a deal breaker for me.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
JdFoX187 said:
Or not final build of menu?

also highly possible.

big ander said:
Not really, ODST's multiplayer was on it's disc, and Halo 3's multiplayer was on a different disc. Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST are two separate games. ODST had campaign and cooperative mulitplayer and Halo 3: Mythic had Halo 3 multiplayer and all the maps.

yeah, I think I played ODST mp like once or twice.

H3 MP was all still on the second disc, but either way, they could pull a Hey here is all the old MP on second disc or like JdFox said, not in that build.

It'll be pretty clear when we get proper info whether Bungie really went for a power house in Reach or simply want to fulfill their obligation with MS for two more Halo projects after parting ways.

Either way, I certainly hope they stick to having grand scale vs making a very linear, on rails shooter that looks pretty. It wouldn't have any of the epic, you against the world, feel that the Halo games give you.

Even some AA and AF would a long way to cleaning up Halo 3. They have great textures but the lack of AF kills them. We'll see if they really put their passion into the tech this time around or simply want to finish off their contract.

reach.jpg

Are guys retarded? (Not directed at DeadGzuz)

You really don't know how games are made. Developers put in placeholder textures and geometry down first and then playtest. Afterwords they then create the final high resolution textures and place into the existing environment.

Zzoram

jamaniek said:

Game press has a hard on for the iPhone 3G which doesn't have autofocus.

Dax01 said:
Hopefully the AR has been tweaked a little. Maybe a scope or greater accuracy.

...I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Why not just use the BR?

Or do you seriously want a full-auto, scoped, decently accurate Assault Rifle?

VaLiancY

The amount of trolling in this thread has reach unprecedented levels. :lol

So Reach is a class based shooter akin to Team Fortress 2 & Enemy Territory?

So when did Reach occur in the Halo timeline? Also why wouldn't have MC had access to those weapons? I feel like they're just another gimmick, or am I the only one longing for less gimmicky Halo gameplay, ex. Dual Wielding... as cool as that needler-rifle weapon looks, "exploding when 3 hit" only, sounds pretty lame, one man's opinion. Focusing on classes in the halo universe throws off all balance... especially when you throw perks into the mix, let's hope that the blend of all those things, and I'm hoping for customization, turns out all right.

VaLiancY said:
The amount of trolling in this thread has reach unprecedented levels. :lol

Dax was banned for FAR less in the Uncharted thread.

This is absolute bullshit.

Red

CrazedArabMan said:
seriously?

We need a mod in here, to start clearing out some of these posts, most people are just trolling, it's really getting out of hand.
They see me trollin'
They hatin'

VaLiancY

the_painted_bird said:
So when did Reach occur in the Halo timeline? Also why wouldn't have MC had access to those weapons? I feel like they're just another gimmick, or am I the only one longing for less gimmicky Halo gameplay, ex. Dual Wielding... as cool as that needler-rifle weapon looks, "exploding when 3 hit" only, sounds pretty lame, one man's opinion. Focusing on classes in the halo universe throws off all balance... especially when you throw perks into the mix, let's hope that the blend of all those things, and I'm hoping for customization, turns out all right.

Right before Halo 1. At the beginning of Halo 1, you're escaping Reach.
The Covenant nuked

Chazz Michael Michaels said:
If this thread doesn't prove which way the moderation on GAF leans, then I don't know what does.

Dax was banned for FAR less in the Uncharted thread.

This is absolute bullshit.
Actually made me pause..
But duckroll & Amir0x are cool people, I don't think it's 'intentional'.

Not looking to back-seat moderate anyway.

---------------------------------------
Just sad for Bungie that this happened. Silly responses in this thread prove why they would be. Really hope they find the person responsible, just so that it'll (hopefully) teach people to not do it in future.

big ander

VaLiancY said:
office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Seriously though, you might be right. I think it could also be something like ODST: it's not like you choose a class, but you play each mission as a different squad member who has a specialty.

Dax01 said:
Because I don't want to have to use the BR 24/7?

And if the AR was tweaked, you'd use that 24/7?

I changed weapons too much to really give a shit. I thought the weapons in Halo 3 were fine as is. I never stuck with the BR for too long, and the AR had its uses.

That being said, I am glad that they're changing things up in Reach. Reach has given them a chance to make drastic additions to the series, and I really hope they take advantage of that.

Top Bottom