• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Off Screen Images

GhaleonEB

Amir0x said:
GhaleonEB your defense mode is causing you to miss sarcasm.
Eh, it's kylej. One man's sarcasm is his very serious post. Though I freely admit my sarcasm meter is busted, always has been.

I should note there's no defense mode here; what the hell is there to defend? I agree with most of what you said on ODST, and have actually been quite negative on it overall in the ODST thread. If you're looking for someone with a Halo defense mode, you need to look elsewhere. There's a lot of interesting stuff on display here, graphics ain't one of them.

Recoil said:
Heavy Weapons
Medic/Scout
Soldier
Engineer
Sniper

That really does match up with the Halo Reach poster. I'm excited to see where they might go with Reach if they DO choose real squad based combat. Especially excited to see what it does to the multiplayer.

jett

D-Member
MagniHarvald said:
jett
Mr. Negativity

Bungie has stated multiple times that it'll be a new engine. Are you seriously expecting a full-scale Halo game to use a three year old engine?

I don't expect them to scrap everything they did before, especially when they don't need to. *shrug*

OuterWorldVoice said:
348km6t.jpg

lol

jett said:
Why do people think this game is gonna use a "completely new engine"? It'll use the same thing Halo 3 and ODST used.

Probably because they've said it would be a new engine in several instances, as has been quoted elsewhere in this thread.

SpacLock

Cerrius said:
Perks eh?

Looks like Bungie has had some of Infinity Ward's influence rub off on them.

Call of Halo: Modern Warfare confirmed. Looking forward to it.

Competition. I love it.

jett said:
I don't expect them to scrap everything they did before, especially when they don't need to. *shrug*
You're probably write in some sense, they'll obviously use all they've learned.
There's going to be some of the same code in their.
But for all intended purposes, it'll be a new engine.

Edit: intensive/intended mix-up, thanks Coin.

FrankT

BenjaminBirdie said:
Probably because they've said it would be a new engine in several instances, as has been quoted elsewhere in this thread.

Exactly, take about two seconds to actually read the thread and perhaps even click a link.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Zeouterlimits said:
You're probably write in some sense, they'll obviously use all they've learned.
There's going to be some of the same code in their.
But for all intensive purposes, it'll be a new engine.
INTENTS. AND. PURPOSES.

Walshicus

J-Rzez said:
Chromehounds. Believe it or not, SOCOM Conf in it's current state. CoD4 was a better overall performance/experience. And MAG especially does it better.
As someone who played, plays and loves Chromehounds... that's bullshit.

I don't think CoD did multi *better* per se, but then I gave up playing it a few weeks after launch for gameplay rather than interface reasons.

Zeouterlimits said:
You're probably right in some sense, they'll obviously use all they've learned.
There's going to be some of the same code in there.
But for all intents and purposes, it'll be a new engine.
fixed

methane47

I love arbitrary use of the terms "beta" and "pre-alpha" earlier in the thread.
as if they mean anything specific.

oh and...

vaseline beauty

WJD

elektrixxx said:
Dammit. They said this game was gonna be different. I fell for it.

So you've decided it's not going to be different after seeing half a dozen blurry pictures?

I like your logic.

FFChris

I'm glad they introduced some new things anyway, ODST was such a disappointment. This perk system will breath some life into the old franchise. I still have my fingers crossed for Team Fortress style classes as well as these 'perks'.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
SquirrelNuckle said:
So is Reach straight multiplayer or does it have a campaign section to?
Grunt killing simulator. Gun down dozens of lovable, adorable, and cuddly Grunts. As they run, hid, and cower in fear of you. It's going to be a compassion tale of the horrors that Master Chief inflicted about the Covenant.

Top Bottom