• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
urk said:
Why? He can get the same quality of feedback from B.net.

:D
ICqUc.gif

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
vhfive said:
I just want to know when (if at all) it's coming
He's interested. I won't make any promises on his behalf, though. What would you want to see? Plasma Pistol starts on Damnation?

Gui_PT

Hitmonchan107 said:
Edit: Nvm. I watched the movie. That is one epic douche.

Also, that man is almost at Noble rank.

With almost 2000 FF games played.

Not even 1.0 k/d in MM

He's just a griefer the sucks at the game. Just posted it because that thread is going somewhere interesting

urk said:
He's interested. I won't make any promises in his behalf, though. What would you want to see? Plasma Pistol starts on Damnation?

With 200 percent player speed and no shields.

I mean, if it's good enough for the pros ...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Striker said:
Rather than blaming Reach's changes for being beneath CoD in the charts, look at the real picture and accept the fact this has been here since November 2007.

I said that Reach isn't faring well against the competition compared with Halo 3, which is true. Both you and Urk have provided ample proof.

You implied people were bored of the Halo formula and that the shakeup Reach provided was needed and gave your own boredom as an example. Can you prove folks were getting bored of the pre-Reach Halo formula? If anything, the strong performance against tough competition with Halo 3 proved the old formula had plenty of support.

Striker said:
It's also ignorant to pinpoint any accusations that most Halo players were wanting Halo 3.5. It's also clear that isn't what Bungie wanted hence they felt the need to address the inconsistencies of the game, and improved on it (which most importantly, they did: hitscan).

Where did I say most players wanted Halo 3.5? I said I wanted Halo 3.5 and I said many folks here wanted Halo 3.5 and I also said long term Halo fans wanted Halo 3.5 - all of which is true.

The majority of fans were happy to have each Halo game have minimal changes to the core gameplay concept, to minimise disruptions to the sandbox. Why change something that wasn't broken, that's the general attitude most fans, particularly on here took. Sure, folks would argue over balance issues, but not many folks were asking for major additions or drastic overhauls and it was the same in any of the online communities I frequented.

Whilst it's impossible to know the wants and wishes of every Halo player, the best you can do is listen to those that did voice what they wanted. Playing Halo and being part of various online communities for years you come to know the shift tides of demands, wants and wishes.

Not every long term Halo player wanted Halo 3.5, but many did, including a lot of folks here.

Striker said:
None of the pieces in Halo 3 sped up the gameplay.

Bubble shield = stop the game to a crawl, and forced players to ensue into a CQB battle
Regen = hilariously bad piece that did nothing but give another player another ounce of life; this was the most obscene item, as well, due the awful fast respawn it had
Power drainer = the prominence for larger scale games, even though it felt like it spawned at 10 sec. intervals so everybody and their sister had one
Grav lift = least annoying piece, but that didn't matter since it was hardly used

The rest: flare, radar jammer, personal shield, trip mine = obsolete. Bungie never used them. Why are they in the game?

The fact they brought in sprint was heavenly, because both Reach and Halo 3's base speeds are a snails crawl compared to Halo 1 and Halo 2. They introduced these pieces of equipment to spice up the MP, but in my view, they should have let it alone because you can still make magnificent moments in multiplayer without the need of any special equipment or maneuvers. And for them, I think that's why they did. I personally wished they had left it alone and kept it the way it was from Halo 1/2. Basic elements of overshield and camo on the map with nothing else getting in the way or bringing down the pace of the game.

Who said the Halo 3 Equipment sped up the game? I said Equipment and AA both slowed down the gameplay overall, with AA being significantly worse and slowing things down much faster and with worse results than Equipment, which is true by any degree of measure. I don't know what you're going on about here.

And for the record, Equipment in Halo 3 and AA for Reach were designed around the campaign first and foremost. The roles in multiplayer have always been a secondary consideration.

I agree about wanting to have neither in multiplayer but if came down to choice, I'd have have Halo 3's implementation of Equipment in multiplayer than Reach's implementation of AA's.

As much as I love Camo, I'd delete all AA from Reach if I had access to a big magical button that, when pressed, would delete the "feature" from every build of Reach ever pressed to disk if I could.

Striker

urk said:
He's interested. I won't make any promises on his behalf, though. What would you want to see? Plasma Pistol starts on Damnation?
There's an unofficial thread on B.net which I visit often just to find news or post any interests. I'm mostly curious about the maps he's going to use, and what jump height/gravity settings he will decide with. He doesn't post too much about the playlist about it, so I was hopeful.

Also, I sadly agree with your last post. :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
urk said:
I would like (this is an open request to both Bungie and 343i) real remakes of fan favorites and you could even take it a step further and have the community vote for which maps they'd like to see be remade.

vhfive

urk said:
The most important thing is the gametype. The one going around now is awesome. I would not mind at all if all the classic playlist had all the same maps in matchmaking now but with classic slayer, flag and assault. Ideally I would like some of the better map remakes in there as well but the most important part (to me) is the removal of AA plus the increase movement speed and jump height.

Havok

urk said:
Awesome community map remakes! One Bomb Assault of the Halo 2 variety! These would glue Reach into my disc drive permanently.

Striker

vhfive said:
The most important thing is the gametype. The one going around now is awesome. I would not mind at all if all the classic playlist had all the same maps in matchmaking now but with classic slayer, flag and assault. Ideally I would like some of the better map remakes in there as well but the most important part (to me) is the removal of AA plus the increase movement speed and jump height.
You and Plywood should check out the Classic thread in the Optimatch forum. They usually run customs with the classic settings and run on some remakes. One Coagualtion remake I played in was fantastic. Just kind of sucked I played with complete randoms and they had no mics.

I read Jeremiah will use Slayer only until the population is grown in the playlist. I agree it needs to be Slayer, Assault, and CTF only.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Striker said:
You and Plywood should check out the Classic thread in the Optimatch forum. They usually run customs with the classic settings and run on some remakes. One Coagualtion remake I played in was fantastic. Just kind of sucked I played with complete randoms and they had no mics.

I read Jeremiah will use Slayer only until the population is grown in the playlist. I agree it needs to be Slayer, Assault, and CTF only.
And Juggernaut, of course.

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
what ever happened to Juggernaut?

That was one of my favorite gametypes.

Under powered in Halo 3. Overpowered in reach.

Just give the juggy enough time to get a 2x overshield and let him keep his weapons.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
A27_StarWolf said:
what ever happened to Juggernaut?

That was one of my favorite gametypes.
Steitzer's delivery irritated me, so I had it stricken from matchmaking for all times.

Jyeeee-yug-er-nyaut!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Striker said:
It needs to be Slayer, Assault, and CTF only.

Yup. Such a playlist would be glorious. No stockpile, no jet-packing. <3

The settings used in that playlist, whilst decent, aren't official BTW. The folks in there seem to assume they are.

Also, Jeremiah never once mentioned having map remakes in the potential Classic playlist, if it comes. That seems to be a general misconception from that group. I imagine any map remake would have to go down the same routes as any community map to get into matchmaking - remakes wouldn't be jumping the queue.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Striker said:

I meant actual remakes not Forge remakes, I'm sure they play fine though I'm just not all too fond of Forge Aesthetics.

Tawpgun

Plywood said:
I meant actual remakes not Forge remakes, I'm sure they play fine though I'm just not all too fond of Forge Aesthetics.

That would mean DLC and microsoft isn't about to let that slide by without them getting some money...

Just forge remakes for things that make sense, like Lockout, Warlock, maybe even that Collossus one. You can't really remake a lot of the natural geometry maps.

urk said:

I know we're all thinking it, so I'll just say it.
Team Duals on Snowbound

vhfive

Dani said:
Yup. Such a playlist would be glorious. No stockpile, no jet-packing. <3

The settings used in that playlist, whilst decent, aren't official BTW. The folks in there seem to assume they are.

Also, Jeremiah never once mentioned having map remakes in the potential Classic playlist, if it comes. That seems to be a general misconception from that group. I imagine any map remake would have to go down the same routes as any community map to get into matchmaking - remakes wouldn't be jumping the queue.
Which I'm completely ok with.
Like I said, the most important thing (to me) is no armor abilities (not even sprint) with increased movement speed and jump height.

A27_StarWolf said:
CHECKPOINT REACH

where is the -ed?
Up there with Plank in that post above you, probably. Also, I want "MMMM... BRAINS." back. I only heard it once and it was the scariest goddamn thing I've ever heard, :lol

Tawpgun

Karl2177 said:
Needs a crashed Scarab, before it's Karl approved.

While we're at it, breakable glass, the trucks, the cage glitch, swaying double doors, knock-downable steel walkway, that one door that bounced the beam rifle everywhere, the medical tent super jump, and the ledges on top of the map.

Zee-V70 said:
Up there with Plank in that post above you, probably. Also, I want "MMMM... BRAINS." back. I only heard it once and it was the scariest goddamn thing I've ever heard, :lol

HELLS JEROME is still good.

Also, I've always wanted to hear Brosiedon. brb youtube.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27 Tawpgun said:
That would mean DLC and microsoft isn't about to let that slide by without them getting some money...

Just forge remakes for things that make sense, like Lockout, Warlock, maybe even that Collossus one. You can't really remake a lot of the natural geometry maps.
Of course this is first and foremost a business and it takes time and money to make these things. I didn't say it should be remade and be free, I just said I'd like to see favorites remade.

Even with the maps that you could recreate in Forge I'd love to see a remade Sanctuary and Warlock, especially after seeing Tempest and I would also love to see a Lockout remake (proper remake mind you, not Blackout) after seeing Reflection. There isn't much color variety if any with the Forge pieces.

Tawpgun

Plywood said:
Of course this is first and foremost a business and it takes time and money to make these things. I didn't say it should be remade and be free, I just said I'd like to see favorites remade.

Even with the maps that you could recreate in Forge I'd love to see a remade Sanctuary and Warlock, especially after seeing Tempest and I would also love to see a Lockout remake (proper remake mind you, not Blackout) after seeing Reflection. There isn't much color variety if any with the Forge pieces.

I downloaded a REALLY good lockout remake. All the key jumps are there.

Tawpgun

A27 Tawpgun said:
Also, I've always wanted to hear Brosiedon. brb youtube.

Self Quote.

I just heard it. Oh god its like Steitzer seduced me with that voice. Seriously. The way he delivers Brosiedon is... ughghghg so good.

Sai-kun said:
I like you. You're my second favorite junior after Hitmonchan.

BSG reference = major points with me

So I just realized that was from BSG(I miss this show)

I read that like Kabal

Like the organization of Goa'uld in Stargate!

XD MAJOR LOL

Can you tell what I watch?

Top Bottom