• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I edited my post to add this bit, but decided to just make another post:

In my opinion Forge maps shouldn't be a substitute for real maps. Yet there is 8 Forge maps implemented across the playlist. As there are 11 original maps implemented across the playlist.

In Team Slayer (the most populated playlist in Reach, correct me if wrong) there are:

7 Original/Non-forged Maps:

Anchor 9
Arena Zealot
Boardwalk
Powerhouse
Reflection
Sword Base
Tempest

7 Forged Maps:

Asylum
Atom
Cliffhanger
Countdown
Pinnacle
The Cage
Uncaged

But if the people you play against or with don't have the Noble Map Pack you're left with five maps:

Arena Zealot
Boardwalk
Powerhouse
Reflection
Sword Base

And if this is the case the end result is that Forge maps will come up more often on average beating out the Original/Non-forged map count by two.

I don't know how well the Noble Map Pack sold, but I know for sure not everyone has it, I think that if they'd remake fan favorites, they'd have more guaranteed purchases and it would result in more people playing newer, non-Forged maps.

Plywood said:
I don't know how well the Noble Map Pack sold, but I know for sure not everyone has it, I think that if they'd remake fan favorites, they'd have more guaranteed purchases and it would result in more people playing newer, non-Forged maps.

Unless 343 is upping the amount of maps per pack, I sincerely hope the next packs don't contain remakes.

Don't get me wrong, forged remakes of old maps aren't nearly the same as the originals.

But I want each pack to have the best shot at giving us the next Relic.

Also, look what happened with Blackout.

OH MY GOD. DO NOT GO TO HALO.WIKIA.
The site has been goatse'd.
Dear GOD.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
Unless 343 is upping the amount of maps per pack, I sincerely hope the next packs don't contain remakes.

Don't get me wrong, forged remakes of old maps aren't nearly the same as the originals.

But I want each pack to have the best shot at giving us the next Relic.

Also, look what happened with Blackout.

Dear GOD.
Let Certain Affinity make them. ;-)

Also Bungie did Midship justice after the Blackout hate and made Heretic.

While I like originals, I sincerely think they'd have my confidence(read $) if they'd make remakes.

Also the site looks just fine to me.

4 people can now play reach on my console, my brother broke my controller by dropping it on the bumper, turns out i needed to take it apart and put some hot glue on the tip of the plastic nub that hits the button internally. Simple fix.

The hard part was getting those security screws out. I did it with a flat head anyways :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
A27_StarWolf said:
4 people can now play reach on my console, my brother broke my controller by dropping it on the bumper, turns out i needed to take it apart and put some hot glue on the tip of the plastic nub that hits the button internally. Simple fix.

The hard part was getting those security screws out. I did it with a flat head anyways :p

You youngin's make me laugh. You should have Dax over for a sleep over.

:p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
FLAG STOLEN FLAG DROPPED FLAG STOLEN FLAG DROPPED FLAG STOLEN FLAG CAPTURED GAINED THE LEAD.

I can't believe how many of you bitched about that.

O D I N

A27_StarWolf said:
Doctor Who? NICEEEE

<3 me some Doctor.

Sai-kun said:
I like you. You're my second favorite junior after Hitmonchan.

BSG reference = major points with me

Aww,shucks. :3

Easily my favorite Sci-fi series.

A27_StarWolf said:
So I just realized that was from BSG(I miss this show)

I read that like Kabal

Like the organization of Goa'uld in Stargate!

XD MAJOR LOL

Can you tell what I watch?

Good shows. On a side note, we ARE supposed to be getting more BSG by fall I believe (Adama during the first Cylon war, iirc).

I have yet to see Stargate anything yet. :< It's on my list of things to do though! I hear it's very, very good. Plus, you know... MacGyver.

Karl2177

Tashi0106 said:
FLAG STOLEN FLAG DROPPED FLAG STOLEN FLAG DROPPED FLAG STOLEN FLAG CAPTURED GAINED THE LEAD.

Now we can't even get a damn indicator by the score to know if our flag is even gone.

feel

Hitmonchan107 said:
not safe for anything really

vhfive said:
All this classic talk made me want to play Halo 3...

so I am. Message me if you want to play.
damn, I gotta go to bed now to get up early :(

We should pick a night from the middle of the week (so it doesn't interfere with regular customs or forgegaf customs) and make it the halo 3 night where every week halogaf get together to play H3 customs or MM depending on the turnout. It could have a banner too.

blink348 said:
Is it sad that I've been playing Halo since Halo 1, but Reach was the first game I passed on Legendary?

Yes it is, I loved Reach on Legendary. Very tough, but felt fair, the game wasn't cheating me.

Ramirez

VH, how was the Halo 3? I think I'm going to go back and play it some, was wondering what the population was like, I can only imagine how bad the connections are. :|

Gosh, imagine a Halo 3 with Reach's netcode, no bloom, and no AA's, so good.

Reach's biggest mistake was handing the MP reigns over to someone who literally had no clue what made it so great. The entire spectrum of the sandbox is so much fail it's amazing. From sprinting melee garbage to DMR's blowing up vehicles in seconds, I'm continually stunned every time I play.

vhfive

Ramirez said:
VH, how was the Halo 3? I think I'm going to go back and play it some, was wondering what the population was like, I can only imagine how bad the connections are. :|

Reach's biggest mistake was handing the MP reigns over to someone who literally had no clue what made it so great. The entire spectrum of the sandbox is so much fail it's amazing. From sprinting melee garbage to DMR's blowing up vehicles in seconds, I'm continually stunned every time I play.
looooooooonng matchmaking times
:/

social slayer has 7000+ people but it's still taking a long time to find matches

Tawpgun

aTman said:
That Lockout remake is and always will be "meh."

1. I remember playing one that was slightly better, but I can't find it. So find me a better one.

2. When they hell did you get here, lol.

Tashi0106 said:

It sucks. From the people who said flag juggling is annoying, to the people who outright called it cheating.

I miss Halo 1 and 2 flag physics...

vhfive said:

social slayer has 7000+ people but it's still taking a long time to find matches

You sure about that social slayer number? I played a few weeks ago and social slayer had about 1600-ish people in it.

wwm0nkey

Ramirez said:

Love Sage's other work (ShadowRun is one of my favorite games) but yeah agreed.

Tashi

Yo next time you post some fuckin crazy shit like that don't just say NSFW. Say like, "NSFW, some of the nastiest fucking shit you'll ever see" Thanks

Ramirez

vhfive said:

They should just abolish true skill and make it instant....

lol urk, I remember when you used to complain just as much as anyone about Halo 3, but now it's your job to defend embarrassing stuff like that bloom video on my fileshare, it's cool brah.

Tashi was hoping to see some boobs, lol!

Tashi0106 said:
Yo next time you post some fuckin crazy shit like that don't just say NSFW. Say like, "NSFW, some of the nastiest fucking shit you'll ever see" Thanks

I thought:
Hitmonchan107 said:
Dear GOD.
was sufficient enough warning.

Havok

Out of curiosity, I downloaded Xbox Connect for the first time in probably 7 years, and to my surprise, not a single person was playing Halo 1. However, there were 16 servers with people playing Halo 2, so I think my week's goal is to try and play a few games to see what it's like.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Ramirez said:
They should just abolish true skill and make it instant....

lol urk, I remember when you used to complain just as much as anyone about Halo 3, but now it's your job to defend embarrassing stuff like that bloom video on my fileshare, it's cool brah.

I complained because I was bothered by small things in a game I otherwise loved to play. It ended up working out pretty well. ;)

Ramirez

urk said:
I complained because I was bothered by small things in a game I otherwise loved to play. It ended up working out pretty well. ;)

Why do you think anyone here complains? Because they are annoyed by things from a franchise they love more than any other, to insult people just because the thread isn't a circle jerk is laughable, although it isn't your first time, lol.

vhfive

Steelyuhas said:
You sure about that social slayer number? I played a few weeks ago and social slayer had about 1600-ish people in it.
I am told that right now there are 7360 people in Social Slayer

Tashi

Hitmonchan107 said:
I thought:

was sufficient enough warning.

I don't know what all that means. It's jibberish to me.

Ram said:

Hahahahha. I clicked it on my phone but it just came up as a normal wiki page. So then I clicked it here on my PC to see what was so NSFW
boobs
and it was all that shit.

vhfive

Halo 3 was amazing (and still is) the only problem is that I have seem to lost any skill I ever had (or the only people playing now are really good).

Ramirez said:
That. The netcode was bad. Especially for me. Every game was laggy. Okay I got lesser black screens but I want to play lagfree. I have a lot of fun when I play Reach(except the whole enemy team uses only AL. But I guess every HaloGaffer hate this situation.). Ohterwise I had more fun with 3's TO than with Reach's TO.

wwm0nkey

vhfive said:
wat

also halo 3 was amazing (and still is) the only problem is that I have seem to lost any skill I ever had (or the only people playing now are really good).
Yeah i fixed that lol

Like I said though loved Halo 3 but Halo 2 was just better MP wise for me.

Top Bottom