• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
Or just up-res all the better maps from Halo 2, put up for 1600 space bucks and call it a day.
It honestly wouldn't take more than a couple months with a dedicated team.
See here is the thing when people ask that

Halo CE, Halo2, Halo 3 and Halo Reach all have different Game logic

So because the map works in Game A doesn't mean it will work in Game B

Dani said:
How do you define stale? Halo CE and Halo 2 didn't have them, they were million sellers and still loved by fans today.

Halo 3 didn't have AA, sold millions, stayed on top of the Live Activity charts for years and beat out three or four COD games and remained the most popular Xbox 360 played online for years.

Reach has AA's, and an old COD game from two years back is more popular than it.

Halo gameplay was not getting stale, if anything it was still going strong. When Reach changed things up, the playerbase shifted dramatically. Whilst you cannot solely blame AA's for this, I think it's fair to say that "shaking up" the sandbox has, in some way, contributed in some fashion to the disruption in the projected popularity of a mainstream Halo title.

People called Halo 3 when it was released Halo 2.5 because it didn't change things up too much and with Reach, things changed up significantly and the defenders cried out that it was for the greater good and no one wanted Halo 3.5. I think they were wrong. The fans wanted Halo 3.5. Not the day one fans, not the casual fans but the long term players. The players that kept Halo 2 and Halo 3 so popular and top of the Live charts for years after release. The players that log on every day and play Halo.

The industry has moved past day one sales. Every major Halo title will generate millions of sales easily. It has the brand and the marketing weigh of a platform host. But Reach has shown that Halo is just as open to long term issues as other games. If the long term, hardcore fan base loses interest, then the community as a whole suffers. Playlist populations fall and the overall game experience enters a decline.

For the publisher, this means that revenue from DLC will also be lower. Halo 3's DLC was selling thousands of copies per day, over a year after release, do you think the same will be true for Reach's DLC? I do not.

I wanted Halo 3.5 and think a significant amount of the folks that have been on HaloGAF for years feel the same way. When Domino talks about being excited for the future of Halo and 343i, do you think Domino means Armour Abilities, Armour Lock, Jet Packs, reticule bloom et al? I don't think so.

I was the same way when Reach was released, I just feel its warmed up to me. I love Reach.

Out of curiosity can I have those numbers you spoke of?

GhaleonEB

Okay, I finally believe. I hit at ~8500 and change cR slot machine jackpot after a game of Firefight Limited just now. That was enough to put me up to Field Marshall (aka, the skull of shame).

I think the event of a promotion boosts the odds of getting a jackpot; my last 3,000 cR one was when I got promoted from one General rank to another. And when I got that, so did everyone else in the party.

Edit: getting set for the ONI run now. If anyone wants to join shoot me a note.

Halo 2 had around $44 million iirc, Halo 3 with ~$63 million, and Reach has similar figures. I think it's more of an issue of "sequel fatigue" with Reach, though--while it's a wondeful game, it's come after Halo Wars and ODST, all of which have been released just one year after the other. I honestly liked both Wars and ODST (hell, ODST is one of my favorites in the Halo series), but it's still been
five long years
four years in a row with a Halo game, so it's naturally going to decrease interest. Those figures are off of memory, though, so I'm probably wrong.

Zee-V70 said:
I think it's more of an issue of "sequel fatigue" with Reach...
Couldn't agree more. Even though Reach has been a success I still think its very underrated. Its the best damn shooter campaign we've had this gen hands down. The more I play other shooters the more I value what Bungie has done with Reach.

Untracked

Dani said:
The fans wanted Halo 3.5. Not the day one fans, not the casual fans but the long term players. The players that kept Halo 2 and Halo 3 so popular and top of the Live charts for years after release.
For me, being one of those players, it's the BTB experience in Reach that just doesn't do it for me anymore.
I played a shit-ton of Halo 2 BTB, daily for years. Halo 3 Customs were played for years.
In Reach me and my group of friends were done in a couple of months.

I blame Sage's new Hog. That thing handles like a fucking wafer in a wind tunnel :(

Zee-V70 said:
Halo 2 had around $44 million iirc, Halo 3 with ~$63 million, and Reach has similar figures. I think it's more of an issue of "sequel fatigue" with Reach, though--while it's a wondeful game, it's come after Halo Wars and ODST, all of which have been released just one year after the other. I honestly liked both Wars and ODST (hell, ODST is one of my favorites in the Halo series), but it's still been
five long years
four years in a row with a Halo game, so it's naturally going to decrease interest. Those figures are off of memory, though, so I'm probably wrong.

That doesn't explain why the people who are long term Halo fans are choosing to play Halo 3 over Reach though? Or why Reach sold just as well as Halo 3 yet less people play it. Or why CoD can have 4 games in just as many years and still be going strong.

A27_StarWolf - Deep NNN posted numbers on HBO comparing Reachs population to Halo 3's population (he used numbers from March 2008) and Halo 3 was faring slightly better. Major Nelsons blog also has all that information if you look for his xbox live top ten lists.

I hate to come across so strong but I really disagree the arguments that involve mentioning 'series fatigue' - I dont mean this as a personal attack but im just saying why I dont think those arguments hold much ground. Hardcore Halo fans were playing Halo 3 daily up to Reach, most of the same people I played with have all already given up on Reach. :(

Ghaleon im pretty sure everyone in the game gets the same Jackpot bonus.

Striker

Dani said:
How do you define stale? Halo CE and Halo 2 didn't have them, they were million sellers and still loved by fans today.

Halo 3 didn't have AA, sold millions, stayed on top of the Live Activity charts for years and beat out three or four COD games and remained the most popular Xbox 360 played online for years.
It was often behind CoD 4 and, at times, the two year old World at War. Halo 3 had the same scenario of defeat that Reach is getting today. People quickly judge seeing Reach below those two CoD games, and say "Hey, well, it makes sense, Reach isn't the same," because meanwhile, Halo 3 had the same premise. It isn't the Halo games or any issues they have - it's the pop culture popularity of CoD. It will die down. They all do.

Dani said:
Halo gameplay was not getting stale
Have to disagree here. I was bored and not into 3 much at all from late 2008 until finally, Reach's release. The gameplay felt too slow (3's based speed slower than 2's), the poor weaponry, the poor maps, lack of a hit-scan, etc. I wanted something else.

Dani said:
I wanted Halo 3.5 and think a significant amount of the folks that have been on HaloGAF for years feel the same way. When Domino talks about being excited for the future of Halo and 343i, do you think Domino means Armour Abilities, Armour Lock, Jet Packs, reticule bloom et al? I don't think so.
No need to cherry pick Reach's AAs and ignore Halo 3's equipment. Bubble shields and Regens slowed down gameplay as much as Reach - spot an enemy, begin shooting, he just presses X to deploy Regen/Bubble shield, stare off ensues and it becomes a melee/grenade fest. Yawn.

I appreciate the Halo games that utilize a full weapon set, vehicles, and so on, but does not get hampered by any special abilities or health boost by the press of a button (unless it's a health pack which is fine).

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Zee-V70 said:
five long years

COD destroys any notion of sequel fatigue.

I've said this before but it's worth point out. COD has many advantages over Halo. With a yearly release, the developers can implement more changes over a shorter amount of time and be much more responsive to the demands of the community. If a certain feature doesn't work it can be removed next year or if something needs improving, it can be done in the sequel.

Halo doesn't have that. ODST and Halo Wars are spin-offs, anomalies. We get a main new Halo title every three years or so. If something isn't received well by the fans, like bloom or AA, we have to wait for years to see how the developers respond. Halo is a multi-billion dollar industry and any wrong move can be disastrous.

You might be getting the impression I don't like Reach but I do. I love Reach despite the issues I have with it. I still play almost every day. I think Reach has made several significant improvements in important areas but at the same time has made mistakes in others. The issues that I have with Reach do impact how I play the game. It's hard for me to go through a nigh of playing Reach without running into the issues I have several times like a brick wall. It's the same for the folks that I play with and over time these days do degrade the overall experience.

I do not believe the future of Halo is in the direction Reach has taken it. There are valuable lessons to be learned from Reach that must be learnt.

MrBig said:
Halo 3 gaf btb party. Right now. y/n?

I really really really want to man, I reeaaaaallly do. I have such a early morning tomorow though. :(

Striker - Halo 3 bounced back against CoD and took back the top spot. I dont remember it lagging behind 2 CoD games ever unless it was when MW2 initially lunched but im pretty sure even then it managed to take back the top spot against a much newer game.

As for the equipment/ AA's comparison. AA's are like a much more annoying version of Equipment - but at least they had to be earned and couldnt be spammed every minuite by every player in the game!

You know what, I just agree with Dani. The guy is saying this stuff so much better than I could. Like him I enjoy Reach but find certain factors severely hampen my ability to really get into it.

Dani said:

I've said this before but it's worth point out. COD has many advantages over Halo. With a yearly release, the developers can implement more changes over a shorter amount of time and be much more responsive to the demands of the community. If a certain feature doesn't work it can be removed next year or if something needs improving, it can be done in the sequel.

Halo doesn't have that. ODST and Halo Wars are spin-offs, anomalies. We get a main new Halo title every three years or so. If something isn't received well by the fans, like bloom or AA, we have to wait for years to see how the developers respond. Halo is a multi-billion dollar industry and any wrong move can be disastrous.

You might be getting the impression I don't like Reach but I do. I love Reach despite the issues I have with it. I still play almost every day. I think Reach has made several significant improvements in important areas but at the same time has made mistakes in others. The issues that I have with Reach do impact how I play the game. It's hard for me to go through a nigh of playing Reach without running into the issues I have several times like a brick wall. It's the same for the folks that I play with and over time these days do degrade the overall experience.

I do not believe the future of Halo is in the direction Reach has taken it. There are valuable lessons to be learned from Reach that must be learnt.

I feel like Halo:Reach will come out on top in the long run, however my TARDIS is at the repair shop so I can't tell you at the moment.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Striker said:
It was often behind CoD 4 and, at times, the two year old World at War. Halo 3 had the same scenario of defeat that Reach is getting today. People quickly judge seeing Reach below those two CoD games, and say "Hey, well, it makes sense, Reach isn't the same," because meanwhile, Halo 3 had the same premise. It isn't the Halo games or any issues they have - it's the pop culture popularity of CoD. It will die down. They all do.

Do you really think Reach is performing similar to Halo 3 against the competition, more specifically, COD? I don't want to sound like an ass, but I've been watching the Live activity charts for years and I can say for certain that Halo 3 fared much better against the various COD games than Reach has been doing. If you want, feel free to go back and pull up the data and prove me wrong. My memory may be waning but I am pretty confident on my observations here.

Striker said:
Have to disagree here. I was bored and not into 3 much at all from late 2008 until finally, Reach's release. The gameplay felt too slow (3's based speed slower than 2's), the poor weaponry, the poor maps, lack of a hit-scan, etc. I wanted something else.

You may have been bored but millions of other players were not. The numbers do not lie. Halo 3 stayed popular long after release. I do not think Reach has the same legs post release that Halo 3 did. It's too early to make direct comparisons but as we reach post release milestones, feel free to make comparisons then, as I and many others will be doing.

Striker said:
No need to cherry pick Reach's AAs and ignore Halo 3's equipment. Bubble shields and Regens slowed down gameplay as much as Reach - spot an enemy, begin shooting, he just presses X to deploy Regen/Bubble shield, stare off ensues and it becomes a melee/grenade fest. Yawn.

I appreciate the Halo games that utilize a full weapon set, vehicles, and so on, but does not get hampered by any special abilities or health boost by the press of a button (unless it's a health pack which is fine).

You cannot compare Reach's AA with Halo 3's Equipment on such a basis. Yes, they both slow down gameplay, that is not disputed but there are significant differences. With Equipment, you had to gain control of the specific equipment spawn, this usually involved racing to the spawn location and fighting the enemy team for control, just like power weapons, or out thinking the enemy team and timing the spawns to ensure control, again like power weapons. With Reach, everyone can spawn with an Armour Ability, not only that but you have a choice of up to four five separate functions. Plus you can re-use them as much as you like, deploy them when you want and you choose something else if the fancy takes you during each player respawn.

So if Halo 3's Equipment slowed down gameplay with Bubble Shields and Regenerators, then Reach takes that speed and slows it to a crawl with multiple Drop Shields (the effects of Bubbles plus Regenerators combined!) and invincibility granting Armour Locking.

If you are going to compare the two, at least be open about their effect on combat.

Dani said:

Yeah, I can see why you think that (and I'm not saying you're wrong), but COD and Halo are two entirely separate franchises with varying opinions among the fanbases. There could very easily be sequel fatigue among Halo fans while there couldn't at COD, because COD's maintained fairly static changes (as paradoxical as that sounds). It's kept a relatively similar schedule throughout its life, while Halo's changes range from tame to vastly inconsistent.

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
There is another thread about this but if any of you guys are interested Microsoft is starting to delete old Xbox 1 gamer tags, so if you want one of the old tags most of them should be deleted soon :D
Could you link the thread? I scanned the front page quickly and couldn't find anything.

Tawpgun

Toward the end of its lifespan, Halo 3 WAS getting a little stale, and with Reach coming up I was excited. The new pistol fixed AR starts, hyper accurate hitscan DMR (little did I know the bloom and damage against vehicles was going to be that high) it was marketed as the pinnacle of 10 years of Halo. Forge 2.0 ect. ect.

Then the beta came and I was caught completely off guard. I got the beta early and those first couple days were kind of frightening. As a HUGE halo fan I wasn't really liking where Reach was going... felt slow, jumping was too short, bloom was bigger than I had expected, I was already hating on armor lock...

But then I started adapting, realizing this wasn't Halo 3 anymore, and I got better and better. Then May 3rd rolls around bringing in the fresh meat... and Reach felt amazing. I had gotten the hang of the bloom, the armor abilities, and the "flow" of Reach. I destroyed everyone that initial day. When the beta ended and I went back to Halo 3, I could barely play it. It felt so boring and bad compared to Reach.

But now that Reach is out I find myself missing something I had back when Halo 3 first came out. I seemed to have more fun. TO be honest I can't really put my finger on why that is other than potentially franchise fatigue. Halo has always been my game, and perhaps 10 years of it was starting to wear me out.

It's not a BAD game, It's just missing that "X-Factor" the other Halo's had. It's clear Reach is nowhere as popular as Halo 3 was.

That being said, I still enjoy it, and I do prefer it to Halo 3. It's just I prefer my "early Halo 3" experiences to Reach right now. If that makes sense.

MrBig

Damn. Reach has a lot more small details but H3 is so clear. Fuck unnecessary film grain filters and grunge detail maps.

It wasn't really "unecessary" so much as it was added for dramatic effect in order to further separate Reach as a war film as opposed to a space opera.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
wwm0nkey said:
Not sure about the graphics, 60 FPS and 1080p support are a must though. Pistol is a maybe, dont want too much to change.

60 FPS isn't even needed good graphics LOCKED at 30 is fine. It's the variation in FPS that fucks some of the custom maps.

Kuroyume

Banned
I think it's unfair to compare Reach and H3 as far as the Live charts are concerned. While it's true that there are more 360 out there it's also true that they are more multiplayer games out there as well. Back at the time of H3's release there was COD4 and Gears. Now there's a ton of stuff out there to distract people. Good quality stuff to distract people too. I still don't understand how H3 managed to pull ahead of COD4 and WAW for the year long charts because COD4 beat it every week except for the few weeks following the map pack releases.

wwm0nkey

Alienshogun said:
60 FPS isn't even needed good graphics LOCKED at 30 is fine. It's the variation in FPS that fucks some of the custom maps.
Well the graphics are fine as they are and I don't think they should touch them so they could easily do 60FPS locked and 1080p.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
A27 Tawpgun said:
It's clear Reach is nowhere as popular as Halo 3 was.

In fact, it is.

Halo 3 weathered some strong competition, beginning with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which sold something like seven million copies in its first two months. GTA IV gave Halo 3 a nice run, too (even back then, people were predicting the demise of Halo 3's online game), but the old gal bounced back. World at War didn't fare as well as it's predecessor and sold something like half what Modern Warfare did by the end of its first year, but it was still a well received game, and a strong genre competitor.

Modern Warfare 2 has sold over twenty million copies. Black Ops is on track to do the same. Halo: Reach did astoundingly well in the face of a building online juggernaut, and even with the unprecedented competition, it continues to do extremely well despite never appearing on the side of a single Slurpee cup.

tl;dr version: Reach did really well. We're really happy that a lot of people still play it.

/shill

Kuroyume said:
I still don't understand how H3 managed to pull ahead of COD4 and WAW for the year long charts because COD4 beat it every week except for the few weeks following the map pack releases.

We don't get numbers for other titles, but it must have been super close when Halo 3 was trading weeks back and forth with MW. In the wake of DLC, Halo 3 would command a few weeks in a row, and the difference was apparently just enough. No doubt the margins were razor thin.

Tawpgun

Kuroyume said:
I think it's unfair to compare Reach and H3 as far as the Live charts are concerned. While it's true that there are more 360 out there it's also true that they are more multiplayer games out there as well. Back at the time of H3's release there was COD4 and Gears. Now there's a ton of stuff out there to distract people. Good quality stuff to distract people too. I still don't understand how H3 managed to pull ahead of COD4 and WAW for the year long charts because COD4 beat it every week except for the few weeks following the map pack releases.
Actually the way I remember it was that CoD4 beat Halo 3 for a few weeks after its release and for a bit after every CoD map pack. Halo 3 always found its way to the top eventually. It was only until MW2 that Halo 3 was forever in 2nd place.

EDIT:

urk said:
In fact, it is.

Halo 3 weathered some strong competition, beginning with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which sold something like seven million copies in its first two months. GTA IV gave Halo 3 a nice run, too (even back then, people were predicting the demise of Halo 3's online game), but the old gal bounced back. World at War didn't fare as well as it's predecessor and sold something like half what Modern Warfare did by the end of its first year, but it was still a well received game, and a strong genre competitor.

Modern Warfare 2 has sold over twenty million copies. Black Ops is on track to do the same. Halo: Reach did astoundingly well in the face of a building online juggernaut, and even with the unprecedented competition, it continues to do extremely well despite never appearing on the side of a single Slurpee cup.

tl;dr version: Reach did really well. We're really happy that a lot of people still play it.

/shill

I know Reach is still a big game, despite heavy competition, and maybe its just the multiple playlists/player count is wonky, but it seems like Reach, overall, has a lower player count than Halo 3 did at this current point past launch. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Striker

Dani said:
Do you really think Reach is performing similar to Halo 3 against the competition, more specifically, COD? I don't want to sound like an ass, but I've been watching the Live activity charts for years and I can say for certain that Halo 3 fared much better against the various COD games than Reach has been doing. If you want, feel free to go back and pull up the data and prove me wrong. My memory may be waning but I am pretty confident on my observations here.
I posted months back how both MW2 and World at War were both defeating Halo 3 countless months. GTA IV was also in that area during its release, above 3.

I've seen enough to know that there's always at least two CoD's in the top five, and often top three, to battle the top Halo game. You need to realize it's the fact it's going up against the pop culture juggernaut CoD than the game itself. Rather than blaming Reach's changes for being beneath CoD in the charts, look at the real picture and accept the fact this has been here since November 2007.

Dani said:
You may have been bored but millions of other players were not. The numbers do not lie. Halo 3 stayed popular long after release. I do not think Reach has the same legs post release that Halo 3 did. It's too early to make direct comparisons but as we reach post release milestones, feel free to make comparisons then, as I and many others will be doing.
You don't know if it will continue the same way as 3, or be lower, or higher. Neither do I. Bungie has pointed out many times the population comparisons.

It's also ignorant to pinpoint any accusations that most Halo players were wanting Halo 3.5. It's also clear that isn't what Bungie wanted hence they felt the need to address the inconsistencies of the game, and improved on it (which most importantly, they did: hitscan).

EDIT: Urk kind of just did.

Dani said:
So if Halo 3's Equipment slowed down gameplay with Bubble Shields and Regenerators, then Reach takes that speed and slows it to a crawl with multiple Drop Shields (the effects of Bubbles plus Regenerators combined!) and invincibility granting Armour Locking.

If you are going to compare the two, at least be open about their effect on combat.
None of the pieces in Halo 3 sped up the gameplay.

Bubble shield = stop the game to a crawl, and forced players to ensue into a CQB battle
Regen = hilariously bad piece that did nothing but give another player another ounce of life; this was the most obscene item, as well, due the awful fast respawn it had
Power drainer = the prominence for larger scale games, even though it felt like it spawned at 10 sec. intervals so everybody and their sister had one
Grav lift = least annoying piece, but that didn't matter since it was hardly used

The rest: flare, radar jammer, personal shield, trip mine = obsolete. Bungie never used them. Why are they in the game?

The fact they brought in sprint was heavenly, because both Reach and Halo 3's base speeds are a snails crawl compared to Halo 1 and Halo 2. They introduced these pieces of equipment to spice up the MP, but in my view, they should have let it alone because you can still make magnificent moments in multiplayer without the need of any special equipment or maneuvers. And for them, I think that's why they did. I personally wished they had left it alone and kept it the way it was from Halo 1/2. Basic elements of overshield and camo on the map with nothing else getting in the way or bringing down the pace of the game.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Striker said:
The rest: flare, radar jammer, personal shield, trip mine = obsolete. Bungie never used them. Why are they in the game?

Every time I plopped a flare out, I'd just blind myself and attract attention. It was like a Final Fantasy spell that summoned enemy bullets to my face.

The others were exploitable, and removed from matchmaking. You could still use them in customs and campaign, though, where Deployable Cover really shined. ;)

KevinRo

urk said:
Every time I plopped a flare out, I'd just blind myself and attract attention. It was like a Final Fantasy spell that summoned enemy bullets to my face.

The others were exploitable, and removed from matchmaking. You could still use them in customs and campaign, though, where Deployable Cover really shined. ;)

I've never had to lay down or deploy a single equipment during my entire time playing Reach, including Legendary.

Equipment = fail.

*edit*

this may or may not be a lie

neoism

Zee-V70 said:
five long years
lol.... Halo 4 will destroy sales...

urk said:

lolradar jumping.... I miss those days.

Video of radar jumping being put to use, for those of you who don't know what it is. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVEKMo0iMqs

Off (but sort of on) topic. I miss Social Doubles. Is there any chance now that 'ranks' are gone, that we could see a social doubles playlist make its return?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
neoism said:
lol.... Halo 4 will destroy sales...

Doubtful, especially if the status quo is maintained. It will still sell well, but it won't increase in the way COD has. Both games are becoming fodder to me. I'm seeking "different" forms of entertainment now, broken shit in Halo has pissed me and many other off, COD has become redundant and played out. The player base it waiting for the next "revelation" be that Gears 3, Brink, Rage, SOCOM 4 or whatever.

blamite

Devin Olsen said:
Off (but sort of on) topic. I miss Social Doubles. Is there any chance now that 'ranks' are gone, that we could see a social doubles playlist make its return?
You mean social 2v2? I'm pretty sure that's coming back after 2v2 Arena gets removed.

Completely unrelated to the current conversation, but I'm listening to the Reach OST atm--it's super awesome™--and it reminded me of something. The song just went to Make It Count (the individual song within the Long Night of Solace Suite; you can guess which song it is), and it brought back a memory of when Reach wasn't out, but was getting stolen by means of the Marketplace or something. A friend of mine found a Reach stream and asked if I wanted to watch, though I declined. He was giving me commentary every now and then without really spoiling anything plot-critical (e.g. "Whoa, he just took out a Banshee by EMPing it with the Grenade Launcher!" etc). So, I figure, I might as well watch a bit. I'm really bad at keeping myself unspoiled. Anyways, I end up watching all of The Long Night of Solace, up until the end of it. For a few solid minutes during and following
Jorge's death
(I probably don't need to spoil this, but whatever), the chat stopped being about CoD fanboys and enhancing my penis. Everyone singularly joined together and lamented. It was like something out of a book.

/story time, kiddies

Tawpgun

Devin Olsen said:

Video of radar jumping being put to use, for those of you who don't know what it is. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVEKMo0iMqs

I'm guessing you haven't read the new Matchmaking update? Arena sub gametypes are being taken out of a 4 v 4 Arena called "The Arena"

Doubles is being put into competitive hopper (AKA Social)

Devin Olsen said:

Double Team next month:
Slayer (AR, Pistol, 1 Frag, Sprint/Evade/Jetpack/Hologram)
Slayer DMRs (DMR, Pistol, 1 Frag, Sprint/Evade/Jetpack/Hologram)
Oddball (DMR, AR, 1 Frag, Sprint)

All of the maps that will be used in Double Team are map variants which have been modified to reduce power weapon ammo.

Slayer gametypes will appear on:
* Unanchored
* Arena Zealot
* Reflection
* Countdown
* Powerhouse
* Asylum
* Uncaged

Oddball gametypes will appear on:
* Unanchored
* Countdown
* Asylum

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hey You said:
Just played against an eclipse in MM. Its pretty sad how much time they spend on Video games.

One of my buddies is now, Stephen087, Noobs is a friend of his, all they play is Halo though, literally.

Edit: Ah, my mistake, that's not eclipse, that's mythic.

Alienshogun said:
One of my buddies is now, Stephen087, Noobs is a friend of his, all they play is Halo though, literally.

Edit: Ah, my mistake, that's not eclipse, that's mythic.

That man has played over 25.5 days of Reach.
He's played the game for almost one month, and it's only been out for five. Props and/or sadface.

neoism

Alienshogun said:
Doubtful, especially if the status quo is maintained. It will still sell well, but it won't increase in the way COD has. Both games are becoming fodder to me. I'm seeking "different" forms of entertainment now, broken shit in Halo has pissed me and many other off, COD has become redundant and played out. The player base it waiting for the next "revelation" be that Gears 3, Brink, Rage, SOCOM 4 or whatever.
I hope it doesn't.... COD series is played OUT. That and the fact that Halo as a whole series has never felt that way to me... I love Reach best game-play in the series. I was getting really tried of COD after MW I like the way Gears 3 looks... not sure why, because I've hated G1, and G2. Still don't think I'll buy it though... Reach is all I need. But I well have Crysis 2 on PC next month.:D

Striker

urk said:

Get Jeremiah on GAF so he can spill the beans on the Classic playlist.

Hitmonchan107 said:
That man has played over 25.5 days of Reach.
He's played the game for almost one month, and it's only been out for five. Props and/or sadface.
Also keep in mind the sheer amount of time that would take out of a schedule provided they dedicate about 16 hours a day to sleep/work/whatnot, if not more.

Top Bottom