• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Awesome Barlow said:
We need a HaloGAF list of GTs.
There are some Reach GAF tags. I think they're just Reach GAF and Reach GAF 2.

But we need a list to go in the OP or something.

EDIT: I'd buy that shirt Devo. Hard.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
Wat, we've been on like the past 3 nights.

Probably not during those times. I played Nightfall for 45 minutes straight last night (I know, I know) for the challenge then did some MP until 10pm then bailed for TF2.

Hopefully you dudes will be on tonight. :p

This is from bentllama on HBO commenting on 343 and Marcus Lehto:

Nope. I have been gone from 343i closing in on about a year. Other Bungie to 343i players have left 343i as well. A little bit of an exodus trend. There is news 343i hasn't let public yet about a key staff member recently moving on.
Personally, I spend more time working than I spend with my children and wife, so I better be damn certain it is on something fun and rewarding. Others might feel the same. To each his own.

Marcus on the other hand was one of the (7) stakeholders in Bungie. You can read his exit one of two ways: a) he wants to spend time with family and planning the next phase of his career b) was written out of Bungie due to differences with the other stakeholders. Marcus is an amiable guy, so I am leaning towards (a)...but...

0TtNE.png

Another one abstract enough not to get us in copyright trouble.

GhaleonEB

I said this privately to someone today, but I'll echo it now that this post has been brought over. It's interesting, but a bit tacky. It's one thing to discuss why you left, another to start vague rumors about your former employers like that.

People move on for all sorts of reasons, particularly after a long time at the same employer and when windows such as between projects present themselves.

Tawpgun

angelkimne said:
Moar spare codes, because hoarding them just seems a tad pointless;

- 1 month of Xbox Live Gold :O
- a Reach code for the Elite armour and stupid Falcon avatar thingy
- 48 hours of unimaginably entertaining Xbox Live (TM) Gold x2
- the Shale DLC for Dragon Age: Origins, again on 360
- okay, I don't expect any takers for this one but I got a code for an exclusive set of armour for the official Avatar movie-game on 360.... think I got it with the Assassins Creed 2 Limited Edition or something... yeah...

Will snag the elite armor I guess.

But Devo's shirts are the best I've seen. I loved Letter's HaloGAF one but Devo's is just so nice, clean, simple and amazing. Try fiddling around with filling the ring out more.

Kuroyume

Banned
The problem with the Halo tags is that usually someone will create them and then because it's a new Halo game there ends up being like 4 Halo tags. Most people move on from the games so next time the next Halo game comes out Halo GAF needs to get that first tag out of the way with all the Halo GAF gamertags on it before everyone else jumps in.

GhaleonEB said:
I said this privately to someone today, but I'll echo it now that this post has been brought over. It's interesting, but a bit classless. It's one thing to discuss why you left, another to start vague rumors about your former employers like that.

Also, my understanding is all members of Bungie are stakeholders, and Marcus was one of the seven on the council.

People move on for all sorts of reasons, particularly after a long time at the same employer and when windows such as between projects present themselves.

The games industry seems to have a lot of people who move from company to company, is this a correct assumption?

Karl2177

Kuroyume said:
The problem with the Halo tags is that usually someone will create them and then because it's a new Halo game there ends up being like 4 Halo tags. Most people move on from the games so next time the next Halo game comes out Halo GAF needs to get that first tag out of the way with all the Halo GAF gamertags on it before everyone else jumps in.
Just add people on a Google Spreadsheet or something. Make it so only those who have the link can edit it, and then post the link so only those who quote it will see it. Would something like that work?

MrBig

Who has control of the Halogaf tags? Delete everyone off of the first tag and add all the regulars from this thread.

I've got a bunch of people from Halogaf on my list but I don't have everyone.

A27_StarWolf said:
The games industry seems to have a lot of people who move from company to company, is this a correct assumption?
It's unusual for someone in his position to leave to another company without having a reason to move. My guess is that he's leaving the industry all together.

It is sad to see Marcus leave Bungie, but as other have said, it could have been for all sorts of reasons.

That post at HBO though leaves me wondering if the working environment at 343 isn't so great atm. Bentllama seemed to apply his work wasn't rewarding enough there? Or did I take it in the wrong way?

That said, once again, even if it wasn't right for one person or others, it doesn't mean it was bad.

Devolution said:
All of the maps make me want to punch walls. Even the decent ones have like the worst spawning lol.
Beachhead, Corvette and Courtyard are good. Some of the others are tolerable. But Waterfront is just so bad. There's no focus to, no real central area to hold like ODST maps had. And there are no real safe zones. You spawn, and enemies have instant access to you. And there's that obnoxious respawning Jackal with the Focus Rifle. Ugh.

Btw, where the hell did everyone go? I was just playing some Halo 3 campaign until a spot opened up and next thing I know everyone's gone. :(

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
This is from bentllama on HBO commenting on 343 and Marcus Lehto:

lol, Bent was in the same guild I played in back a few months ago, that guy is a bit odd.

I love that shirt Devo. If maybe the bottom part could go across a bit more, perfect.

PAX flight booked, time to start praying continuously for a safe trip. >.>

feel

Btw this is how my shirt will end up looking
2dbrl11.jpg

someone noticed a dirty joke I tried to slip in there and I had to remove it (promised myself I would if someone noticed before submitting it).
Compare this with yesterday's preview and it should be easy to notice.
There might be some cleaner and harder to notice "easter eggs" left.

Devolution said:
0TtNE.png

Another one abstract enough not to get us in copyright trouble.
Finally someone is trying to make some more shirts. I'm loving this one. Have you tried having the neogaf logo in the same blue tones as the halo? Either way, I hope you end up submitting some of your stuff! Oh, just a heads up, make sure you're working on a canvas around something like 4000x4000 from the start, so your designs don't end up looking like shit when you re-size them to the resolution the store submissions need to be at.

v edit-
Steelyuhas said:
I love it, but I don't like the believe with the 343 on the back.
Sorry about that. Some guys said to put it in there and after testing it I really liked it and now I don't want it any other way.

Letters said:
2dbrl11.jpg

someone noticed a dirty joke I tried to slip in there and I had to remove it (promised myself I would if someone noticed before submitting it).

I love it, but I don't like the believe with the 343 on the back.

Letters said:
2dbrl11.jpg

Finally someone is trying to make some more shirts. I'm loving this one. Have you tried having the neogaf logo in the same blue tones as the halo? Either way, I hope you end up submitting some of your stuff! Oh, just a heads up, make sure you're working on a canvas around something like 4000x4000 from the start, so your designs don't end up looking like shit when you re-size them to the resolution the store submissions need to be at.

I've been working big, I submitted some regular GAF ones already. I've been resizing down just to post them.

Ramirez said:
lol, Bent was in the same guild I played in back a few months ago, that guy is a bit odd.

I love that shirt Devo. If maybe the bottom part could go across a bit more, perfect.

PAX flight booked, time to start praying continuously for a safe trip. >.>

Bottom part? On the nade toss one?

Karl2177 said:
Just add people on a Google Spreadsheet or something. Make it so only those who have the link can edit it, and then post the link so only those who quote it will see it. Would something like that work?

Does this work? I did the first 80 posters going back through the thread. If you want on, tell me, if you want off, tell me that too.

MrBig

Spreadsheets are good for reference, but it would be nice to have them on the "Halo GAF" tag so that you can actively see who's online and doing what.

leonfaria04 said:
I got 5 codes for "The Maw" on XBLA... i wanted to give them in halogaf cause this is my main thread...

First 5 to quote this message will get the code in a PM
If there's still one left I'll take it

ALSO WHO WANTS THAT GAMESTOP CODE FOR THE FLAMING MARK V AVATAR HELMET?
edit:taken

Rtas

leonfaria04 said:
I got 5 codes for "The Maw" on XBLA... i wanted to give them in halogaf cause this is my main thread...

First 5 to quote this message will get the code in a PM

Me please

angelkimne said:
Moar spare codes, because hoarding them just seems a tad pointless;

- 1 month of Xbox Live Gold :O
- a Reach code for the Elite armour and stupid Falcon avatar thingy
- 48 hours of unimaginably entertaining Xbox Live (TM) Gold x2
- the Shale DLC for Dragon Age: Origins, again on 360
- okay, I don't expect any takers for this one but I got a code for an exclusive set of armour for the official Avatar movie-game on 360.... think I got it with the Assassins Creed 2 Limited Edition or something... yeah...

Is the month still there?

Ah dang, I missed that mark V code. If anyone comes across one please let me know.

Anyways, I have this up for grabs:
  • Recon Code
  • Elite Armor and Falcon Prop
  • Banshee Avatar Prop
  • 48 Hour XBL Code (x2)

Kuroyume

Banned
MrBig said:
Spreadsheets are good for reference, but it would be nice to have them on the "Halo GAF" tag so that you can actively see who's online and doing what.

Someone take the initiative. I'm lazy. Oh, and don't just paste the gamertag in here otherwise you'll just get a flood of random requests from lurkers.

Rtas

Awesome Barlow said:
Ah dang, I missed that mark V code. If anyone comes across one please let me know.

• Recon Code
  • Banshee Avatar Prop
  • 48 Hour XBL Code
Any chance I could get the elite armor and banshee prop?

Awesome Barlow said:

• Recon Code
  • Banshee Avatar Prop
  • 48 Hour XBL Code

Falcon prop please?

MrBig

Kuroyume said:
Someone take the initiative. I'm lazy. Oh, and don't just paste the gamertag in here otherwise you'll just get a flood of random requests from lurkers.
Someone's already made the tag, I don't know who.

It was at the launch of Reach. All the current people on the list just need to be cleared from it.

_woLf

blaaaaagh.

I bought the halo reach mappacks (both of them) last week. They go on sale for half price this week.

WHYYY...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well Premium Battle almost made me want to quit Reach.

Frankie save us and remove evade from everything unrelated to Elites.

Rtas

I rather like premium battle, I think the maps are awesome. I just wish stock pile was in something other than action sack, I only have one achievement left in halo reach

Rtas

Not a lurker, I havent been on the site for a while due to lack of computer access, I came here saw the offers and requested. I am also here to discuss halo with whoever is still in the thread.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ramirez said:
Lol wut?!?? I'm in the same guild as him (assuming we're talking about WoW?) too :lol

He is a bit strange, but he's pretty funny.

Kuroyume

Banned
Plywood said:
Well Premium Battle almost made me want to quit Reach.

Frankie save us and remove evade from everything unrelated to Elites.

lol

Fucking evade

If evade were a person I would wish he would rot in hell.

stephen08

For people making shirts with the BELI343 slogan have you considered incorportating the Bungie "comet" on to the i?

Rough concept:

BelieveBungie.jpg

I know the issue of the 343 being seen as disrespectful or a slight against Bungie was raised before and this is a way to incorporate that without being too obvious. Just an idea. Shirts look pretty neat as they are.

Rtas said:
I honestly dont see the problem with evade, its immensely useful, especially against sword and shotgun users.
What.

It benefits Sword and Shotgun users more than anybody.

If Evade (on Spartans) had a face I would punch it.

Devolution said:
Klrs6.png

For the person who wanted blue tones in the logo.
This looks pretty cool. Much more coherent than the orange logo (even if changing that is heresy).

stephen08

The biggest issue with Evade for me comes up when someone who is using evade is also lagging really badly. At that point it becomes a teleporting evade.

Top Bottom